The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I would say Florida is flatter than Kansas and maybe even Louisiana is flatter. Probably the least flat state is West Virginia.

One of the most scenic drives is from Breezewood, PA to Hagerstown, MD.

Another scenic drive is Los Gatos, CA to Santa Cruz, CA.

musterion

Space...[is not a thing] so [it was] not created.

Really?

There must be a space...an area...that contains what we look up and refer to as "space." Let's call it "absolute space." Where did absolute space come from? And where is it? Meaning, what area does it occupy?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I put over 200,000 miles on my first car, and I never saw Antarctica either.

All that means is I didn't drive to Antarctica. So what?

Cook did sail around Antarctica and he did it only once and it took him three years. 60,000 miles is 2 and a half times the circumference of the earth which is 24,900 miles. That is evidence of flat earth with an ice wall surrounding it. Antarctica has an ice wall, that is not in dispute.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Cook did sail around Antarctica and he did it only once and it took him three years. 60,000 miles is 2 and a half times the circumference of the earth which is 24,900 miles. That is evidence of flat earth with an ice wall surrounding it. Antarctica has an ice wall, that is not in dispute.

--Dave

I drive roughly 60k miles in about 3.5-4 months, and that's a maximum of 11 hours of driving time at 63 miles per hour per day, with 14 hours of total on-duty time and 10 hours per rest. And that's even taking off every other weekend.

2 years to travel around Antarctica in a boat does not seem unreasonable. And remember, he wasn't sailing in a perfect circle, either (looking at the image you provided above).

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Meaning that it's flat, but not perfectly flat (value of 1.0000).

By their own standards (calculating out to the 4th decimal place), Kansas is not "Perfectly flat" (a value of 1.0000).

0.9997 =/= 1.0000

Your statement that "Kansas is 400 miles of perfectly flat level earth, with no curvature" is false, based on what they said.

There is no curvature whatsoever, there are a few hills and dips that make it .9997, but the overall state is perfectly flat, and that is an accurate and acceptable way to say it.

--Dave

glassjester

If the Earth is flat, surrounded by Antarctica (a wall), then shouldn't we be able to see Antarctica all around us with telescopes?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Really?

There must be a space...an area...that contains what we look up and refer to as "space." Let's call it "absolute space." Where did absolute space come from? And where is it? Meaning, what area does it occupy?

This is not a thread on that subject.

--Dave

musterion

This is not a thread on that subject.

--Dave

It is now -- you said space was not created. If it was not created, it has always existed. If it has always existed, it is eternal. If it is eternal, that refutes Genesis 1.

Are you actually a pagan? If so, out with it, because that's the logical conclusion of what you said IN THIS THREAD.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I drive roughly 60k miles in about 3.5-4 months, and that's a maximum of 11 hours of driving time at 63 miles per hour per day, with 14 hours of total on-duty time and 10 hours per rest. And that's even taking off every other weekend.

2 years to travel around Antarctica in a boat does not seem unreasonable. And remember, he wasn't sailing in a perfect circle, either (looking at the image you provided above).

Sailing 60,000 miles in three years is reasonable saying you went only around the arctic circle is not. The arctic circle is 10,975 miles around it. Cook only went around it once, not 5 times. There is no way he traveled around a continent on the bottom of the earth, he traveled the circle of the flat earth.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Sailing 60,000 miles in three years is reasonable saying you went only around the arctic circle is not. The arctic circle is 10,975 miles around it. Cook only went around it once, not 5 times. There is no way he traveled around a continent on the bottom of the earth, he traveled the circle of the flat earth.

--Dave
Read again what I said. I said that he did not sail in a perfect circle.

Here is the image you gave, which confirms this.
6a1eca674c8c0391426df8cc0d66adc4.jpg

How many extra miles did he travel in the times he was NOT directly on the antarctic circle? I'd go so far as to say it was enough to bring it to 60k miles.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is now -- you said space was not created. If it was not created, it has always existed. If it has always existed, it is eternal. If it is eternal, that refutes Genesis 1.

Are you actually a pagan? If so, out with it, because that's the logical conclusion of what you said IN THIS THREAD.

Sorry, not here. I argued this for years at theology online. Perhaps I will do it again, but not on this thread.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Read again what I said. I said that he did not sail in a perfect circle.

Here is the image you gave, which confirms this.
6a1eca674c8c0391426df8cc0d66adc4.jpg

How many extra miles did he travel in the times he was NOT directly on the antarctic circle? I'd go so far as to say it was enough to bring it to 60k miles.

I said he traveled around the arctic circle, did not say or imply that he sailed on it. I'm going to see if I can remove you from this thread.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If the Earth is flat, surrounded by Antarctica (a wall), then shouldn't we be able to see Antarctica all around us with telescopes?

No, it's too far away with too much atmospheric fog, hot to cold water and air, for anyone to do so.

But if you want to see the ice walls of Antarctica all you have to do is google Antarctica ice wall. Here I'll do it for you.

Antarctic Ice Wall

View attachment 25226

Here is a pic of how some one believes the Ice Wall circles the earth. Which looks more like what Cook traveled.

View attachment 25225

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.