The devil is intelligent? Say what, Franky?

"The Devil is more intelligent than mere mortals and should never be argued with, Pope Francis has warned."

First sentence in an article on Drudge. So, the capital 'D' devil is more intelligent? Really?

None can argue the devil has dark powers. None can argue he's had a long time to craft his means of fooling the gullible, to lead the blind into a ditch with him, has that dark wisdom. Yes, the devil has powers and his tricks. But does that word "intelligent" belong? What's this obvious implication we should fear the devil, regardless whether he's even worth arguing with, if one were so inclined to the fruitless? Does this include not refuting the doctrines and ways of the devil? (Do agree with just telling him to go away, but this having nothing to do with respect for the devil's "intelligence", which seems very oxymoronic.)

Is it ever intelligent for any creature to believe they can usurp the omnipotent Creator? Is it intelligent not to see one's own blind hubris, self worship, narcissism? Is it intelligent to be at war with One that can squash the creature like a bug, as it were, cast one into the pit, into hellfire? Is it intelligent to be a cosmic, eternal loser, whose fate is already sealed, an end in flaming perdition? Sounds like a smart plan to me! Also, somebody being around thousands of years or more, picking on what are relative babies in time, up to even death, born blank slates? As if, "I made a dumb baby cry! Fall down and worship me!" In the school yard, that's a big, dumb bully, picking on the littlest kid. No bully I've even known can be called intelligent, who always crash and burn, themselves, get what's coming to them, get cut down to size. Isaiah 14:5-20.

Intelligent? I suppose, if it's intelligent for a pilot to nosedive into the runway to land. Little old me, mortal creature that I am, at least have sense enough not to even get on that plane, with such a pilot. And sense enough to fear God.

Suppose it's relative in this case, though, a Pope that's never been that bright must see something brilliant in the devil, to imply fear of him more than God, this devil kings will one day look upon and scorn, a Pope who also does the likes of staging Quran readings at the Vatican, proclaims Allah the same God. Really, get serious, is "intelligent" a word that even applies to the devil? Suppose then the likes of Jeffry Dahmer, dissecting an animal he killed, makes him a surgeon? Bottom line, is evil ever intelligent? Are any of the ways of death intelligent? Folks, do you know why prisons are full of criminals who, almost to the man, thought they were smarter than the cops?

Adrian Rogers said it well, that the devil is a "brilliant knucklehead." That he is "brilliantly stupid." I agree. Put it this way. Do you know any intelligent knuckleheads? In my opinion, Francis could not have picked a worse and more misleading word to describe the devil, if intelligence includes very common sense.

Francis, here's a verse more worth thinking about, if you can take a break from walking on eggshells in your spirit, for fear of the devil more than God, that devil you find it appropriate to dignify as intelligent.

Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
"The Devil is more intelligent than mere mortals and should never be argued with, Pope Francis has warned."...Yes, the devil has powers and his tricks. But does that word "intelligent" belong? What's this obvious implication we should fear the devil, regardless whether he's even worth arguing with, if one were so inclined to the fruitless?

Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. -- Jude 1:8-9

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"The Devil is more intelligent than mere mortals and should never be argued with, Pope Francis has warned."

First sentence in an article on Drudge. So, the capital 'D' devil is more intelligent? Really?

None can argue the devil has dark powers. None can argue he's had a long time to craft his means of fooling the gullible, to lead the blind into a ditch with him, has that dark wisdom. Yes, the devil has powers and his tricks. But does that word "intelligent" belong? What's this obvious implication we should fear the devil, regardless whether he's even worth arguing with, if one were so inclined to the fruitless? Does this include not refuting the doctrines and ways of the devil? (Do agree with just telling him to go away, but this having nothing to do with respect for the devil's "intelligence", which seems very oxymoronic.)

Is it ever intelligent for any creature to believe they can usurp the omnipotent Creator? Is it intelligent not to see one's own blind hubris, self worship, narcissism? Is it intelligent to be at war with One that can squash the creature like a bug, as it were, cast one into the pit, into hellfire? Is it intelligent to be a cosmic, eternal loser, whose fate is already sealed, an end in flaming perdition? Sounds like a smart plan to me! Also, somebody being around thousands of years or more, picking on what are relative babies in time, up to even death, born blank slates? As if, "I made a dumb baby cry! Fall down and worship me!" In the school yard, that's a big, dumb bully, picking on the littlest kid. No bully I've even known can be called intelligent, who always crash and burn, themselves, get what's coming to them, get cut down to size. Isaiah 14:5-20.

Intelligent? I suppose, if it's intelligent for a pilot to nosedive into the runway to land. Little old me, mortal creature that I am, at least have sense enough not to even get on that plane, with such a pilot. And sense enough to fear God.

Suppose it's relative in this case, though, a Pope that's never been that bright must see something brilliant in the devil, to imply fear of him more than God, this devil kings will one day look upon and scorn, a Pope who also does the likes of staging Quran readings at the Vatican, proclaims Allah the same God. Really, get serious, is "intelligent" a word that even applies to the devil? Suppose then the likes of Jeffry Dahmer, dissecting an animal he killed, makes him a surgeon? Bottom line, is evil ever intelligent? Are any of the ways of death intelligent? Folks, do you know why prisons are full of criminals who, almost to the man, thought they were smarter than the cops?

Adrian Rogers said it well, that the devil is a "brilliant knucklehead." That he is "brilliantly stupid." I agree. Put it this way. Do you know any intelligent knuckleheads? In my opinion, Francis could not have picked a worse and more misleading word to describe the devil, if intelligence includes very common sense.

Francis, here's a verse more worth thinking about, if you can take a break from walking on eggshells in your spirit, for fear of the devil more than God, that devil you find it appropriate to dignify as intelligent.

Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
2 Thessalonians 2:9-10 KJV - [FONT=&quot]Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.[/FONT]

dcon

BANNED
Banned

There is a whole world of people who have been deceived by Satan the Devil. Is it safe to say that people simply allowed themselves to be tricked and lied to by an unintelligent creation? Or is he so sly and cunning that he has been able to blind their minds to the truth. For example, look at all of the different religions claiming to believe in the same god, yet they are all at odds with each other. Satan doesn't care what people believe as long as they don't know the truth. He exists only to draw people away from the one and only True God. His name literally means deceiver, which requires a great amount of intelligence.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

dcon

BANNED
Banned
There is a whole world of people who have been deceived by Satan the Devil. Is it safe to say that people simply allowed themselves to be tricked and lied to by an unintelligent creation? Or is he so sly and cunning that he has been able to blind their minds to the truth. For example, look at all of the different religions claiming to believe in the same god, yet they are all at odds with each other. Satan doesn't care what people believe as long as they don't know the truth. He exists only to draw people away from the one and only True God. His name literally means deceiver, which requires a great amount of intelligence.

I just heard about an article that spoke of the intelligence of dolphins. They are being trained to collect trash for a reward. These dolphins have figured out that by tearing the trash into smaller pieces, they get more rewards. Surely, Satan is more crafty and conniving than dolphins. He has the ability to scheme and use tricks to achieve his purpose. The fact that he was originally created as a perfect angel, shows that he had perfect intelligence, which he then used for his own personal agenda. To think that he is not intelligent, is only to fool oneself.

Gary K

Banned
I just heard about an article that spoke of the intelligence of dolphins. They are being trained to collect trash for a reward. These dolphins have figured out that by tearing the trash into smaller pieces, they get more rewards. Surely, Satan is more crafty and conniving than dolphins. He has the ability to scheme and use tricks to achieve his purpose. The fact that he was originally created as a perfect angel, shows that he had perfect intelligence, which he then used for his own personal agenda. To think that he is not intelligent, is only to fool oneself.

I agree. Think about who this individual is. He spent his life, possibly millenia, in the direct presence of God. He was an archangel. Meaning he was a leader of the angels and took orders from the Father and distributed the tasks to individual angels. This person lived in the very presence of God. Think about that for a while and upon what the implications of it are. It means he lived in the presence of an infinite mind. Do we get smarter by associating with more intelligent people? Most assuredly, for we learn as we absorb what surrounds us. It elevates our thinking and intellect.

His ability to decieve is so great he convinced 1/3 of the angels in heaven, which the Bible tells us were created as a higher order of beings than humans are. It wasn't until the cross that the angels really understood who Lucifer is. God had to give him enough rope to hang himself for men and angels to understand him. Think about this. Lucifer is so deceptive it took thousands of years for God to fully expose Lucifer's deceptions. That means it took thousands of years for an infinite mind to be able to show we finite beings just who Lucifer really is. To expose his lies and his hate that reside in very soul of him, that say who he truly is. What is any human con artist compared to that?

dcon

BANNED
Banned
I agree. Think about who this individual is. He spent his life, possibly millenia, in the direct presence of God. He was an archangel. Meaning he was a leader of the angels and took orders from the Father and distributed the tasks to individual angels. This person lived in the very presence of God. Think about that for a while and upon what the implications of it are. It means he lived in the presence of an infinite mind. Do we get smarter by associating with more intelligent people? Most assuredly, for we learn as we absorb what surrounds us. It elevates our thinking and intellect.

His ability to decieve is so great he convinced 1/3 of the angels in heaven, which the Bible tells us were created as a higher order of beings than humans are. It wasn't until the cross that the angels really understood who Lucifer is. God had to give him enough rope to hang himself for men and angels to understand him. Think about this. Lucifer is so deceptive it took thousands of years for God to fully expose Lucifer's deceptions. That means it took thousands of years for an infinite mind to be able to show we finite beings just who Lucifer really is. To expose his lies and his hate that reside in very soul of him, that say who he truly is. What is any human con artist compared to that?
I thoroughly agree. Satan possesses the ultimate in evil intelligence. The fact that many people think he has no influence over them or doesn't even exist proves it. The Bible tells us that while he was still a heavenly creature, war broke out in heaven, and he was thrown down to the earth. Rev. 12:7-9. Logically then, he has control over the people on it. He has caused confusion by convincing mankind that they can govern themselves, they don't need God, Jesus is his own father, God exists in a trinity, etc. The list has as many tangents as there are religions. The truth of the Bible can be compared to a DNA test. If this test tells me that my real father was Al Capone for example, with 100% certainty, how could I argue with this fact. The truth of the Bible is 100% fact. There is no such thing as Catholicism can be truthful as well as Baptists can be, same with Calvinism and all the other religious faiths on earth. Just as I can have only one true father, there can be ONLY one true faith! Satan has convinced mankind that there are many ways to worship God, that all faiths ultimately lead to true worship. This is impossible. Matthew 7:13, 14 explains how difficult it can be to find the truth, which is why I and others like myself talk to as many people as possible, in the short time left available. We are not trying to add to the confusion, but to clear up the muddy waters of religion.