The Destination Matters - So Does The Road Taken

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Canons of Dort teach that God only saves "Some Certain Persons". The Bible teaches that salvation is available to everyone, all, whosoever. This is why... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Not just "Some Certain Persons".

No matter what you believe, the plain fact is that some certain persons are indeed saved, else all persons are saved, yet we know from Scripture beyond a doubt that at least one person was not...the son of perdition.

These are the plain truths of Scripture:

All are called to their duty to believe.
Anyone who sincerely calls upon the name of the Lord will not be turned away.
Not all will sincerely call upon the name of the Lord.
Therefore, not all will be saved.

The only issue is that you, Robert, believe that you had a hand in your re-birth, while some of us believe we played absolutely no part in our regeneration (re-birth), which, singularly particular, is wholly monergistic, this regeneration being the first step towards salvation. Once so regenerated (quickened from spiritual death) we then were made able (Ezekiel 36:26) to believe—the first fruit of regeneration—and did so.

At the end of our lives, it is my conviction we both will wind up in the same place, but only some of us will know how we got there. ;)

The difference in all of this involves our walk of faith. Indeed, the destination matters, but so does the road taken to arrive at the destination, especially given the rewards that accompany the particular road taken. There is no doubt that many will be saved despite being confused about the whole salvific process. I happen to think, and Scripture agrees with me, that a person's confusion (or, er, stubbornness) about weighty and sacred topics robs him or her of many possible blessings in their ongoing sanctification.

AMR

Would that those who are quick to consign the Calvinist to eternal damnation would extend us the courtesies that we do to them.

AMR