the church

God's Truth

Are you talking about 1st Corinthians 15:44, or do you mean "spiritual body" in some other way?

My understanding is that our Lord died a natural body and that He wasn't a spiritual body until He rose from the dead.

And spiritual body doesn't mean immaterial since He was still flesh and bones. Luke 24:39

Jesus was already given his Spiritual Body, because he is the first and the last.

Jesus' body was raised from the dead and ascended into heaven.

However, we all have a spirit now, inside our physical body.

We are flesh and spirit.

Hebrews 12:9, Zechariah 12:1, and Malachi 2:15.

Zechariah 12:1 shows us that the spirit has a form

HisServant

Really? Because many of the sources cited in the article are actually from Protestant (non-Catholic) biblical scholars, theologians, and pastors, and not from Catholics.

In any case, your complete inability to actually refute a single point from the cited article is noted. :up:

Your desperate avoidance of relevant biblical material is also noted. Here you've merely taken your very favorite position:

head-in-sand-lawyer-businessman-man-in-suit.jpg

Your link was to the RC Catechism.....idiot.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I read that scripture, and I understand.

Jesus is hope for everyone, even after they have died and went to prison/Hell/Hades.

The time to dread and rejoice, is the time Jesus comes back, for that is the time Jesus stops interceding. Jesus stops interceding when he comes again.

The story about Lazarus is about a warning, about the ultimate warning for now, and when, and in the very end.

One might have to stay in prison until Jesus comes again. But that does not mean when Jesus comes again they will not be saved.

However, let us be saved now.

After you leave this mortal coil there is absolutely no hope. If you die without Christ, you are headed for judgement and the Lake of Fire.

Right Divider

Body part
why did Jesus asked peter to feed His sheep?
His sheep were Israel.

Isa 40:9-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(40:9) ¶ O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift [it] up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God! (40:10) Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong [hand], and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward [is] with him, and his work before him. (40:11) He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry [them] in his bosom, [and] shall gently lead those that are with young.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is ruling David's throne; it is the rule over Israel.

The Lord Jesus is presently seated at the right hand of the Father in the Father's throne.

This is David's throne:

2Sa 3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.

1Ki_2:12 Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.

1Ki_2:45 And king Solomon shall be blessed, and the throne of David shall be established before the LORD for ever.

1Ki_9:5 Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Cruciform

I am not a Catholic hater, I dislike the way the Catholic demonizes sex. The stricture of celibacy is appealing to some men with abnormal sexual tendencies who view the priesthood as a means of keeping their desires under control. The Church should not condone this now that they know better. Celibacy should always be voluntary.
Once again, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Adequately educated people will immediately recognize that fact.

Cruciform

...These cases, however, concern mostly abuse that occurred decades ago.

You should learn what "Ad Hominem" means; I am not attacking you, only the Catholic church
An Ad Hominem Fallacy is attacking your opponent's actions or motives rather than his ideas and arguments, which is precisely what you did---particularly since the clergy abuse crisis wasn't even the topic under discussion at the time. :doh: