the church

Cruciform

You don't have proof either
Of course, there is a mountain of historical and doctrinal evidence for the fact that the Catholic Church is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D., and that it is still that same Church today. For example, name a single professing Christian group besides the Catholic Church that fulfills the qualifications put forth in Scripture [HERE][HERE] for the status of Christ's one historic Church. Clearly, no non-Catholic sect meets the biblical requirements for Christ's Church; only the ancient Catholic Church matches the biblical description of the Church.

Also, the fact that the early Christian Church believed and taught many decidedly "Catholic" doctrines [HERE][HERE][HERE] is an inescapable indication that the early Church was entirely "Catholic" in its beliefs and teachings, just as she continues to be today.

In addition, it is significant that that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself was---by the close of the 1st century, when John the Apostle was still living---already commonly known as "the Catholic Church." This is a historically demonstrable fact.

Finally, engage in a careful and thorough study of the following two sources which lay out the case for the Catholic Church in a way which is informative if not compelling [HERE][HERE].

What I've posted here is only the barest beginnings of the overwhelming proof that the Catholic Church is indeed that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself, and against which he declared that the gates of Hades would never prevail (Mt. 16:18; cf. 1 Tim. 3:15). Such proof cannot be offered for any of the myriad recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects of Protestantism, but only for the ancient Catholic Church.

For an excellent academic treatment of the subject, I highly recommend the following:

419H5IqcGsL._SX314_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Papandrea, HANDED DOWN: The Catholic Faith of the Early Christians (Catholic Answers Press, 2015)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You publicly admit, then, that you have no proof that your chosen man-made sect is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself. Noted.
Are you repeating again? We say that without a doubt the Protestant movement is far more Biblical than the Catholic Church since the Catholic Church has added many doctrines that are not found in Scripture. In fact, so many were added that eventually God ordained the Protestant Reformation as an effort to get back to what Scripture says.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Of course, there is a mountain of historical and doctrinal evidence for the fact that the Catholic Church is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D., and that it is still that same Church today. For example, name a single professing Christian group besides the Catholic Church that fulfills the qualifications put forth in Scripture [HERE][HERE] for the status of Christ's one historic Church. Clearly, no non-Catholic sect meets the biblical requirements for Christ's Church; only the ancient Catholic Church matches the biblical description of the Church.

Also, the fact that the early Christian Church believed and taught many decidedly "Catholic" doctrines [HERE][HERE][HERE] is an inescapable indication that the early Church was entirely "Catholic" in its beliefs and teachings, just as she continues to be today.

In addition, it is significant that that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself was---by the close of the 1st century, when John the Apostle was still living---already commonly known as "the Catholic Church." This is a historically demonstrable fact.

Finally, engage in a careful and thorough study of the following two sources which lay out the case for the Catholic Church in a way which is informative if not compelling [HERE][HERE].

What I've posted here is only the barest beginnings of the overwhelming proof that the Catholic Church is indeed that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself, and against which he declared that the gates of Hades would never prevail (Mt. 16:18; cf. 1 Tim. 3:15). Such proof cannot be offered for any of the myriad recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects of Protestantism, but only for the ancient Catholic Church.

For an excellent academic treatment of the subject, I highly recommend the following:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
We're good. Tradition is only good if it conforms with Scripture. It is bad if it contradicts Scripture. In fact, we are told in the Bible to not go beyond what is written in its pages. In other words, we are not to teach as Christian doctrine that which is not confirmed in Scripture.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Being a Christian does not mean being a member of the Roman Catholic Church. It means being a member of the body of Christ, which is accomplished by faith and trust in Jesus alone for the forgiveness of your sins. It means you do not add your works to His work. Sincerity doesn't forgive sins. Membership in a church doesn't forgive sins. Doing works of penance doesn't forgive sins. Praying to Mary doesn't forgive sins. Forgiveness is received in the faithful trust and acceptance of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. You must trust Jesus, God in flesh, for the forgiveness of sins--not a man-made ritual and certainly not the catholic saints. Even though the Roman Catholic Church affirms the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and His physical resurrection, it greatly errors in its doctrine of salvation by adding works to salvation.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the church is a place to gather in His name
-the church is a place to get fed
-the church is a place you can trust

Ben Masada

Being a Christian does not mean being a member of the Roman Catholic Church. It means being a member of the body of Christ, which is accomplished by faith and trust in Jesus alone for the forgiveness of your sins. It means you do not add your works to His work. Sincerity doesn't forgive sins. Membership in a church doesn't forgive sins. Doing works of penance doesn't forgive sins. Praying to Mary doesn't forgive sins. Forgiveness is received in the faithful trust and acceptance of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. You must trust Jesus, God in flesh, for the forgiveness of sins--not a man-made ritual and certainly not the catholic saints. Even though the Roman Catholic Church affirms the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and His physical resurrection, it greatly errors in its doctrine of salvation by adding works to salvation.

TulipBee, do you believe that Jesus was a Jew or a Greek? If you believe he was a Jew, why do you apply to him Greek doctrines? Paul was born in a Greek city and grew up as a Hellenist. If you read II Timothy 2:8, Paul confessed to have fabricated the idea that Jesus was resurrected; as well as the Messiah and that he was the son of God. (Acts 9:20) Now, I hope you understand why I must stand for Jesus' Jewishness. Because Judaism in the process is being vandalized with pagan doctrines.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
TulipBee, do you believe that Jesus was a Jew or a Greek? If you believe he was a Jew, why do you apply to him Greek doctrines? Paul was born in a Greek city and grew up as a Hellenist. If you read II Timothy 2:8, Paul confessed to have fabricated the idea that Jesus was resurrected; as well as the Messiah and that he was the son of God. (Acts 9:20) Now, I hope you understand why I must stand for Jesus' Jewishness. Because Judaism in the process is being vandalized with pagan doctrines.
Whats all this ? I believe Jesus is God

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
-the church does not teach total depravity
-God loves us all
-the church does not teach unconditional election
-we have free will
-the church does not teach limited atonement
-we are all redeemed
-the church does not teach irresistible grace
-we have free will
-the church does teach perseverance
-we must overcometh

Letsargue

-the church does not teach total depravity
-God loves us all
-the church does not teach unconditional election
-we have free will
-the church does not teach limited atonement
-we are all redeemed
-the church does not teach irresistible grace
-we have free will
-the church does teach perseverance
-we must overcometh

GOD Does NOT A Thing That You're Talking About!!

God O-N-L-Y Loves Those who Makes UP The "CHURCH", "HIS PEOPLE" / HIS "BODY"!!!! - NOT those who are Not The "CHURCH" / His Body of Christ / Family / People!!!!! -- (( ""N--O--O--O"" ))????? - "Where" do those who "MAKE UP" The CHURCH G-O??? - TO HEAVEN!!! ------ AND "Where" do Those Who "Do NOT" MAKE UP the CHURCH G-O??? - TO H-E-L-L!!! - Because God "l-o-v-e-s" The EVIL?????????

SMART - and Does GOD LOVE Y-O-U???? - You Just "L-I-E-D" About HIM!!!! - So where are YOU Going???

God Only Loves those who Are (I-N) ( ""H-I-S"" BODY ) / "World" / "Church" / "Group" / People / Him!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 060616

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
God O-N-L-Y Loves Those who Makes UP The "CHURCH", "HIS PEOPLE" / HIS "BODY"!!!! -

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.