The Broad Way, The Narrow Way and Few There Be That Find It.

Robert Pate

Banned
"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way, that leads to destruction and many there be that go that way. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leads to life, AND FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT" Matthew 7:13,14.

What is Jesus talking about here? What are these two different ways? One leads to destruction and one leads to life. Jesus encourages us to enter into the strait or the narrow gate. The broad way is the way of religion, it is the way that seems right into a man, but leads to destruction, Proverbs 14:12. Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality, It is all about him and his religion. All religions have one thing in common, they are all highly subjective. "You must be predestinated" "You must Join the Catholic church" You must, you must, you must. There is no end to the "You must" religions. This is why the way to destruction is broad, "Because many there be that go that way." Religion is a six lane highway to hell.

What is the strait or the narrow way that leads to life? Jesus said, "I AM THE WAY, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father but by me" John 14:6. Jesus is the strait and the narrow way. Does this mean that we have to be like Jesus to have eternal life? If that were true no one could be saved because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. Trying to be like Jesus is the way of religion. If you are trying to be "Good enough" to be saved, you are religious and are lost.

There was only one man that entered into heaven by his works. Jesus who was without sin, victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and entered into heaven. Jesus is the only man that ever lived a life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law. Jesus is the only man that was righteous enough to atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 14:6. Jesus is the only man that pleased God and was seated at God's own right hand, a place of honor and respect. Jesus is the pearl of great price, that when a man finds it, he sells all that he has so that he can buy it, Matthew 13:45, 46. "And few there be that find him."

Few there be that find him, because few there be that seek him. Instead of seeking Jesus, they are seeking religion. Religion does not save, nor does religion justify. Jesus is our justifier. We are justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Romans 3:26. It is Jesus that reconciles us to God, Colossians 1:21, 22. Calvinism, Catholicism cannot reconcile you to God. You need someone to do for you that which you cannot do for yourself because you are a sinner. Only Jesus can justify and reconcile you to God. Not religion. Get off of the broad way and get on the narrow way.

COGTHW

"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way, that leads to destruction and many there be that go that way. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leads to life, AND FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT" Matthew 7:13,14.

What is Jesus talking about here? What are these two different ways? One leads to destruction and one leads to life. Jesus encourages us to enter into the strait or the narrow gate. The broad way is the way of religion, it is the way that seems right into a man, but leads to destruction, Proverbs 14:12. Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality, It is all about him and his religion. All religions have one thing in common, they are all highly subjective. "You must be predestinated" "You must Join the Catholic church" You must, you must, you must. There is no end to the "You must" religions. This is why the way to destruction is broad, "Because many there be that go that way." Religion is a six lane highway to hell.

What is the strait or the narrow way that leads to life? Jesus said, "I AM THE WAY, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father but by me" John 14:6. Jesus is the strait and the narrow way. Does this mean that we have to be like Jesus to have eternal life? If that were true no one could be saved because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. Trying to be like Jesus is the way of religion. If you are trying to be "Good enough" to be saved, you are religious and are lost.

There was only one man that entered into heaven by his works. Jesus who was without sin, victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and entered into heaven. Jesus is the only man that ever lived a life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law. Jesus is the only man that was righteous enough to atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 14:6. Jesus is the only man that pleased God and was seated at God's own right hand, a place of honor and respect. Jesus is the pearl of great price, that when a man finds it, he sells all that he has so that he can buy it, Matthew 13:45, 46. "And few there be that find him."

Few there be that find him, because few there be that seek him. Instead of seeking Jesus, they are seeking religion. Religion does not save, nor does religion justify. Jesus is our justifier. We are justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Romans 3:26. It is Jesus that reconciles us to God, Colossians 1:21, 22. Calvinism, Catholicism cannot reconcile you to God. You need someone to do for you that which you cannot do for yourself because you are a sinner. Only Jesus can justify and reconcile you to God. Not religion. Get off of the broad way and get on the narrow way.

And that way and narrow gate is the way of Hoilness, and no defile man shall enter in, if he tries to he is a liar thief and a robbery.
Isaiah 35:8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
Hoilness is that way and with out holiness none shall enter in.
Hebrews 12:14 '....holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:'

Robert Pate

Banned
And that way and narrow gate is the way of Hoilness, and no defile man shall enter in, if he tries to he is a liar thief and a robbery.
Isaiah 35:8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
Hoilness is that way and with out holiness none shall enter in.
Hebrews 12:14 '....holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:'

You are on the broad way. "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

COGTHW

You are on the broad way. "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Nosuh im in the way, the narrow. That Holy way Sir.
1 Thessalonians 4:7 'For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.'

I am holy,HOLY, GLORY TO GOD HOLINESS.!
1 Peter 1:16 'For it is written, be ye holy; for I am holy.' HALLELUJAH IM HOLY FOR HE WHO HATH CALLED ME IS HOLY.!!

COGTHW

.Does this mean that we have to be like Jesus to have eternal life? If that were true no one could be saved because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. Trying to be like Jesus is the way of religion.

Sir its clear that you don't read your Scriptures, it is our goal to be just like Jesus sir. It's not religion it is Scriptures.
1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

The Scriptures say measure yourself up to Jesus Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
Sir its clear that you don't read your Scriptures, it is our goal to be just like Jesus sir. It's not religion it is Scriptures.
1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

The Scriptures say measure yourself up to Jesus Christ.

Christ and Christ alone is our righteousness.

"For they (you) being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves (you) unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:3, 4.

COGTHW

Christ and Christ alone is our righteousness.

"For they (you) being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves (you) unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:3, 4.

You have to be righteous also
1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Robert Pate

Banned
You have to be righteous also
1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

There is the righteousness of man and then there is the righteousness of God.

The Gospel calls for Holy living. We are to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel, but that will not justify you.

The only righteousness that God will accept for salvation is the righteousness of Christ. We don't have it because we are still in our Adamic bodies that fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

COGTHW

There is the righteousness of man and then there is the righteousness of God.

The Gospel calls for Holy living. We are to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel, but that will not justify you.

The only righteousness that God will accept for salvation is the righteousness of Christ. We don't have it because we are still in our Adamic bodies that fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

Sir, you need to really seek God.

COGTHW

You also believe being water baptized causes someone to be holy. If a baby was baptized are they cleansed of sin? Abraham believed in God and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Likewise Jesus said that whosoever believes in Jesus will be forgiven of their sin.

Stop lying on me, I ain't NEVER SAID being baptized makes you holy. What wrong with you man/woman.? Is this a site to bash people or show God truth with Scripture.?

COGTHW

The chapter is talking about keeping up the appearance of holiness by keeping the law but never resolving the sin within their hearts. They lived with evil housed in their filthy hearts. Robert don't you agree that having sin within your heart is not Christian like? Don't you believe you have sin in your heart? You admitted on more than one occasion this was the case with you. God is hallowed therefore the holy spirit can't reside in a heart with sin.

What ever he said or believe that is on him.?!?! He was talking to me..do you see me bashing him.? You are a Judge. You need to seek God man/woman. Remember these words "who are you.?" You don't see me bashing Robert, Robert is his own man not my property or school assignment to judge.

COGTHW

Umm. Hello? Do you not know what you imply when you say being water baptized saves you?

I did not say that out my mouth woman/man. That implies that to you. My thoughts are not your thoughts. You have a bad attitude and need to control your mouth.
James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
You need to seek God.

COGTHW

It's not wrong to judge others. In fact it's a Christian duty to lead others in the way of life. I wasn't referring to a particular sin when speaking to him but his stance on sanctification I find opposite to scripture.

Remember being "nice" isn't living in "love". I didn't say anything disrespectful, man/woman.

As a matter of fact that is your elder. You respect him if he is wrong or right. You are not to judge, why you think I don't judge you cause you are "without" without knowledge of Scriptures and of God. You not in a position to judge others as a matter of fact the Scripture say judge yourself. Stop trying to judge and seek God.

COGTHW

What was the purpose of the apostles letters to the churches in the NT? Was he not judging many of those churches and extorting them to do well instead? Did you not just judge me by saying I should obtain scriptural knowledge? It's a natural thing to do to correct others. What's evil is when you don't correct others. If you see someone in need and you have the ability to but you don't help what does that say about your person? So I say to judge others. Christians only judge those whom believe in Jesus Christ. Whether or not you're actually the born again is irrelevant to me as you use the same scriptures that I do.

I wasn't disrespecting anyone for the record. We're in a discussion forum about theology.

Ref
1 Cor. 5:11-13

For that statement that you said is the same reason why I don't judge people on this site, you have no idea of what you speaking on.

Robert Pate

Banned
The chapter is talking about keeping up the appearance of holiness by keeping the law but never resolving the sin within their hearts. They lived with evil housed in their filthy hearts. Robert don't you agree that having sin within your heart is not Christian like? Don't you believe you have sin in your heart? You admitted on more than one occasion this was the case with you. God is hallowed therefore the holy spirit can't reside in a heart with sin.

The condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is not that you are sinless. If that were the condition no one would be indwelt with the Holy Spirit because we are all sinners, Romans 3:23.

The condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is that God must see you as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
What exactly is judging to you? You can judge someone incorrectly and you can judge someone correctly. You want to build up not tear down. If you're just tearing down people then you're who Jesus is referring to when he says "Do not judge" but correction is something else completely. The apostles practiced this a lot and even the believers Jude 1:22-23 If there are disagreements in a church then you separate yourselves from them or you're thrown out.

Also I am assuming you view everyone here as not in the faith and so outsiders based on what you said in this quote. That's why you don't "judge". That's not a wrong stance to have though.

If we don't judge what is wrong or evil and we don't stand against it, then we are apart of it.