The Branches-Jews And Christians

WatchmanOnTheWall

Shalom.

I am a Jew. I accept Yeshua as the Messiah, and my Savior.

Shalom.

Jacob

That makes you a Christian, not a Jew, the two terms are contradictory and confusing to others.

It's like saying you're a conservative and a liberal. Or you're an Atheist and a Christian, or you're a Jew and a Nazi.

Trust me it's just plain wrong.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That makes you a Christian, not a Jew, the two terms of contradictory and confusing to others.

It like saying you're a conservative and a liberal. Or you're an Atheist and a Christian, or you're a Jew and a Nazi.

Trust me it's just plain wrong.

I said
Your right. Each one of them says to not go by the other one.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Shalom.

I am a Jew. I accept Yeshua as the Messiah, and my Savior.

Shalom.

Jacob

replying to you private message here.

Yes that's right, Jesus was/is Jewish and was/is the Messiah.

Messiah
noun
1. the promised deliverer of the Jewish nation prophesied in the Hebrew Bible.
2. a leader regarded as the saviour of a particular country, group, or cause.

As Messiah the way Jesus saved His people was by confirming the new covenant that supersedes the old ones. The new covenant is for Jew and Gentile. Anyone who simply believes Jesus is the Messiah is saved without having to fulfil the old covenant laws, (the 10 commandment's).

The Old Covenant (the 10 commandments) are for the Jews.

The New Covenant (belief in Jesus as the Messiah) is for the Christians.

Heviyn

DAN P

Shalom.

Is there a Judaism of the new testament?

I have nothing against Jews. I am a Jew. I believe that a Jew can become a Christian, observe the Torah, and or accept Yeshua as the Messiah, obtaining salvation, the forgiveness of sins, in His name.

Shalom.

Jacob

Hi and read 2 Cor 3:16 and it tells how Jews can be saved in the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!~

The BODY OF CHRIST has NO BRANCHS and it is a mis-understanding of Rom 11:21-24 !!

dan p

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hi and read 2 Cor 3:16 and it tells how Jews can be saved in the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!~

The BODY OF CHRIST has NO BRANCHS and it is a mis-understanding of Rom 11:21-24 !!

dan p

I said
I told him that. No one leaves Christianity to be a Jew. Jews were the branches that were cut off. I tried to tell him he has been uprooted and disqualified.

Rom 11:19-22
19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in."
20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.
22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.
(NKJ)

Matt 15:13
13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 13:5
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
(NKJ)

Titus 1:16
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.
(NKJ)

Danoh

And these Jews were first called Christians in Antioch less than 2 years after Jesus' death and Resurrection:

Acts 11:26
and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

Jew
dʒuː/Submit
noun
a member of the people and cultural community whose traditional religion is Judaism and who trace their origins to the ancient Hebrew people of Israel.

Christian
ˈkrɪstʃ(ə)n,ˈkrɪstɪən/Submit
adjective
relating to or professing Christianity or its teachings.
"the Christian Church"
noun
a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Christianity.

Jews reject Jesus and are still awaiting another saviour. Christians accept Jesus as their saviour.

Which one are you?

I'm curious - where did you get the two year time frame you mentioned there?

Thanks,

Romans 5:8.

WatchmanOnTheWall

I'm curious - where did you get the two year time frame you mentioned there?

Thanks,

Romans 5:8.

Just read Acts 1-11 and you will see that the events happen very quickly.

Acts 1 & 2 are all over by Pentecost after the Passover when Jesus died and resurrected. At Pentecost the number of Christians increased by over 3000.

We read:

Acts 2
7Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,b 10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11(both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”

Acts 2:41
Those who accepted his message were baptised and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Then we see in Acts 6 verses that read like it was soon after Pentecost, note the countries and wonders performed and Pentecost was attended over one week:

Acts 6
8Now Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and power, performed great wonders and signs among the people. 9Opposition arose, however, from members of the Synagogue of the Freedmen (as it was called)—Jews of Cyrene and Alexandria as well as the provinces of Cilicia and Asia—who began to argue with Stephen. 10But they could not stand up against the wisdom the Spirit gave him as he spoke.

Paul was at Stephens stoning and then the church was scattered:

Acts 8:1
And Saul approved of their killing him. On that day a great persecution broke out against the church in Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria.

Saul goes to Damascus to capture them by Act 9 which is after this event soon after Pentecost. Then by Acts 11 notice how it mentions the scattering

Acts 11
19Now those who had been scattered by the persecution that broke out when Stephen was killed traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, spreading the word only among Jews. 20Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus. 21The Lord’s hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord.

22News of this reached the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. 23When he arrived and saw what the grace of God had done, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts. 24He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord.

25Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

The mention of a year in the above verse is the first mention in Acts of a period of time greater than a day!

So the term Christian came about from about the summer after Christs death to the following summer.