The Blessing of Abraham !

beloved57

What is the Blessing of Abraham ? Its at least twofold, #1 Its the Spirit coming upon his seed and Christs seed from out of all nations. Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

#2 The Blessing of Abraham that also comes upon the Gentiles is Imputed Righteousness apart from works Rom 4:1-12, 16-17

What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

So again the Blessing of Abraham shall be imputed righteousness amongst his seed among the nations.

TrevorL

Greetings beloved57,
What is the Blessing of Abraham ?
So again the Blessing of Abraham shall be imputed righteousness amongst his seed among the nations.
Yes, and we receive that blessing of righteousness when we believe the Gospel of Christ which includes an understanding of all the promises to Abraham centred in his seed Genesis 13:14-15. This faith continues to grow and it continues to be reckoned as righteousness when this faith brings forth as a fruit baptism in identification with the death, burial and resurrection of Christ Romans 6:1-8, Galatians 3:26-29. This faith continues to grow and continues to be reckoned as righteousness when we live the crucified life Galatians 2:20. If we turn aside then we will be rejected.

Kind regards
Trevor

beloved57

Greetings beloved57,Yes, and we receive that blessing of righteousness when we believe the Gospel of Christ which includes an understanding of all the promises to Abraham centred in his seed Genesis 13:14-15. This faith continues to grow and is continues to be reckoned as righteousness when this faith brings forth as a fruit baptism in identification with the death, burial and resurrection of Christ Romans 6:1-8, Galatians 3:26-29. This faith continues to grow and continues to be reckoned as righteousness when we live the crucified life Galatians 2:20. If we turn aside then we will be rejected.

Kind regards
Trevor
False statements.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

TrevorL

Greetings again beloved57,
False statements.
You will need to do better than that, as I was mainly quoting the Scriptures. Would you like to comment on these Scriptures first? Where does belief and baptism fit into your assessment of the blessing of Abraham Genesis 15:5-6?

Kind regards
Trevor

beloved57

Greetings again beloved57,You will need to do better than that, as I was mainly quoting the Scriptures. Would you like to comment on these Scriptures first? Where does belief and baptism fit into your assessment of the blessing of Abraham Genesis 15:5-6?

Kind regards
Trevor
The scripture you quoted were fine. It's your false comments.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That is faith in the milk understanding to all. But remember later Abraham had to prove his faith. Going into the meat understanding.

[Jas 2:20-22, 24
[20] But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
[21] Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
[22] Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? ...
[24] You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

TrevorL

Greetings again beloved57,
The scripture you quoted were fine. It's your false comments.
Perhaps your two brief rebuttals are because you are on the move using only your LGMP260 using Tapatalk. I am not in a hurry, but when you return home tonight or the next few days you may like to answer the Scripture that I quoted and how you understand these. For my part I believe that righteousness is imputed to those who have faith in the Gospel of Christ, summarised as the things concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ Acts 8:5,12, and these Samaritans were then baptised, both men and women. So take your time, no need to Tapatalk, as I am patient for a reasonable answer. Your brief rebuttal without any substance give the impression that you do not have a significant answer to these simple, clear verses.

Kind regards
Trevor

beloved57

Greetings again beloved57, Perhaps your two brief rebuttals are because you are on the move using only your LGMP260 using Tapatalk. I am not in a hurry, but when you return home tonight or the next few days you may like to answer the Scripture that I quoted and how you understand these. For my part I believe that righteousness is imputed to those who have faith in the Gospel of Christ, summarised as the things concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ Acts 8:5,12, and these Samaritans were then baptised, both men and women. So take your time, no need to Tapatalk, as I am patient for a reasonable answer. Your brief rebuttal without any substance give the impression that you do not have a significant answer to these simple, clear verses.

Kind regards
Trevor
Rabbit trail. I'm interested in discussion of the scripture in my op not your evasion and rabbit trail scripture. That over throws the point of the Op.

Nanja

What is the Blessing of Abraham ? Its at least twofold, #1 Its the Spirit coming upon his seed and Christs seed from out of all nations. Gal 3:13-14

[FONT=&]13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

#2 The Blessing of Abraham that also comes upon the Gentiles is Imputed Righteousness apart from works Rom 4:1-12, 16-17

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?[/FONT]
[FONT=&]2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,[/FONT]
[FONT=&]7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:[/FONT]

[FONT=&]12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

So again the Blessing of Abraham shall be imputed righteousness amongst his seed among the nations.[/FONT]

Amen ! The Blessing of Abraham is a Spiritual Blessing for a Spiritual Seed Gal. 3:16, 29, given exclusively to God's Elect Sons / Children Eph. 1:3-5 from many nations, whether jew or gentile, the Election of Grace, Chosen in Christ to have remission or non-imputation of sins, and having His Righteousness imputed to them by His being made a curse for them, thus Redeeming them from the curse of the law. And this Blessing of Abraham is received by them at some point after being given the fruit of Faith in New Birth Gal. 5:22, being Born of the Spirit.

Gal. 4:4-7

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons].

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

beloved57

Justification by Faith or through Faith is the blessing of Abraham, which was a promise of God Gal 3:8

8 [FONT=&quot]And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Rom 3:30

[/FONT]
30 [FONT=&quot]Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

So Justification by Faith Rom 5:1 is a Gift of God, the result and fruit of Gods promise to Abraham "[/FONT]
In thee shall all nations be blessed."

Nanja

Justification by Faith or through Faith is the blessing of Abraham, which was a promise of God Gal 3:8

8 [FONT="]And [B]the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith[/B], preached before [B]the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.[/B]

Rom 3:30

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]30 [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

So Justification by Faith Rom 5:1 is a Gift of God, the result and fruit of Gods promise to Abraham "[/FONT]
In thee shall all nations be blessed."

Amen Brother, this Promised Blessing of God to Abraham Gal. 3:8 to be Justified by or through Faith extends exclusively to all the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, 29; Eph. 1:4, God's Elect from all nations of the world Rev. 5:9, whether jew or gentile Rom. 3:30: The exact same ones, spoken of by Paul 1 Cor. 15:1-4; the Sheep of Christ John 10:11; the remnant Is. 1:9 who were Justified by Christ's Death, Burial and Resurrection on their behalf John 10:11; Heb. 13:20.

beloved57

The Blessing of Abraham is the application of the New Covenant promises Jer 31:31-33

[FONT=&quot]31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ezk 36:27-28

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]27 And I will put my spirit within you[Gal 3:14], and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Heb 8:8-13

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

This is the Holy Covenant promised Abraham Lk 1:71-75

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]72To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.[/FONT]

Nanja

The Blessing of Abraham is the application of the New Covenant promises Jer 31:31-33

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]31 [/B][/FONT]Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]33[/B][/FONT][B]But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.[/B]

Ezk 36:27-28

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]27 [/B][/FONT]And[B] I will put my spirit within you[Gal 3:14], and cause you to walk in my statutes[/B], and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Heb 8:8-13

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]9 [/B][/FONT]Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]11 [/B][/FONT]And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]13 [/B][/FONT]In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

This is the Holy Covenant promised Abraham Lk 1:71-75

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]72[/B][/FONT][B]To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant[/B];[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]74 [/B][/FONT]That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.[/FONT]

Amen, these New Covenant Blessings promised to Abraham, pertain exclusively to its Spiritual Beneficiaries, comprised of only a remnant of mankind called Israel, which was Promised Salvation through the Blood of Christ Is. 45:17: The Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16; 29; and which shall, as the result of their Spiritual Union and Intimacy with Him Eph. 1:4-11 from Everlasting Prov. 8:31, be made to partake of and experience these Spiritual Blessings Heb. 8:10; Luke 1:71-75 in time, which includes His Mercy Rom. 9:23, and the gift of Faith Gal. 5:22 in New Birth.