The Bible Is Written Out Of Context

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky, I know that you know that the scriptures were written by the Holy Spirit as He moved upon men.

2 Peter 1:19-21 King James Version (KJV)

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

I said
If you know that much you should also know where I'm getting my revelations. And they are the meat understanding of the Word. Which is a more sure Word of prophecy.
But one will never come to this truth until they follow the rules of believing. Not to think beyond what is written, and not to add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Its easy to see those who don't know the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the only one who can put the verses in the right context.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Bible interprets itself. It's not out of context. You can't read from front to back. You have to jump around. You need Daniel to interpret revelations and Vice versa. To figure out who the 144,000 you have to use Mathew and revelations. Not only that prophecies are being fulfilled constantly. The Bible is fully open and interpretable.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
Have you ever read the Bible from Start to Finish without jumping around?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If the scriptures were written in the meat understanding we wouldn't even need the Holy Spirit to teach us. But because the scriptures are written in the milk understanding we do need the Holy Spirit.

1 Cor 3:1-3

1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
(NKJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.