the apocalypse

Interplanner

Revelation of what? Do you mean more of the future was revealed than before? Do you think the Revelation is of Christ or of Future Events?

Interplanner

it may have been revealed to you
if
you have understanding

I don't think you realize what happened in those centuries. Justification by faith was rediscovered, which means the priesthood of believers was rediscovered, and the Papacy could not stop the dominoes after that. When they got to eschatology, the Reformers did not have pet theories about what nation was who from the Rev. Instead they were soundly doctrinal: they defined antichrist doctrinally. It was the Pope.

There is historical evidence to show that the "Reformation" actually had more agreement that the Pope was AC than they did on the Gospel!

This in turn sparked the Counter Reformation. The scholar Ribera was a Jesuit who was commissioned to write an eschatology that deflected what the Reformation was saying about the Pope. That eschatological scheme is futurism. It contains a future Jewish AC at the temple in Israel. Sound familiar? The Pope's face was saved.

Moving on one century further, this made things very sore between Protestants and Catholics. In the mid 1800s the Brethren Movement was finding themselves in the middle of the friction and writing material that stopped calling the Pope AC. That is how futurism re-entered the Protestant movement. It's Darby, Nelson, Scofield, etc. And that's why.

Wick Stick

Do you always talk to yourself?

I suppose it is appropriate to a study of Revelation, since the book is a combination of Apocryphon and dialogue discussing/explaining it.

Jarrod

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
why do you talk to yourself?

dialogue is difficult here at tol

why is that?

I can only speculate

I love it when you speculate

reason and logic

what about reason and logic?

it is not being used

is that part of thinking?

a necessary part

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
dialogue is difficult here at tol

why is that?

i depends how you attempt to dialogue

consider posting nothing but pictures of bunnies - that seems to be pretty popular

here - i'll start you off:

Rabbit-Teeth-Fugly-Boy.jpg

Interplanner

Ahh, another "official" treatment of the Rev. How many of these will be done before people realize it is not a prognostication of world events?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Ahh, another "official" treatment of the Rev. How many of these will be done before people realize it is not a prognostication of world events?

excuse me

nowhere have I predicted future events

all you will find here
are
historical events that seem to fit what was prophesied

daqq

excuse me

nowhere have I predicted future events

all you will find here
are
historical events that seem to fit what was prophesied

The so-called literal physical "historical" interpretation is fallacy:

Jeremiah 43:8-13 - Ezekiel 29:17-21 - Ezekiel 30:10-19

Therefore I say:

Revelation 17:16-17 KJV
16. And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17. For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Nbuwkadre'tsar the terrible is on his way, O Egypt, great of flesh, (Eze 16:26 KJV). :crackup: :chuckle:

daqq

only history can confirm a prophecy

Show me in history where Nebuchadnezzar fulfilled anything from my previous post:

Jeremiah 43:8-13 KJV
8. Then came the word of the Lord unto Jeremiah in Tahpanhes, saying,
9. Take great stones in thine hand, and hide them in the clay in the brickkiln, which is at the entry of Pharaoh's house in Tahpanhes, in the sight of the men of Judah;
10. And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will send and take Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will set his throne upon these stones that I have hid; and he shall spread his royal pavilion over them.
11. And when he cometh, he shall smite the land of Egypt, and deliver such as are for death to death; and such as are for captivity to captivity; and such as are for the sword to the sword.
12. And I will kindle a fire in the houses of the gods of Egypt; and he shall burn them, and carry them away captives: and he shall array himself with the land of Egypt, as a shepherd putteth on his garment; and he shall go forth from thence in peace.
13. He shall break also the images of Bethshemesh, that is in the land of Egypt; and the houses of the gods of the Egyptians shall he burn with fire.
[Rev 17:16-17]

Ezekiel 29:17-21 KJV
17. And it came to pass in the seven and twentieth year, in the first month, in the first day of the month, the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
18. Son of man, Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon caused his army to serve a great service against Tyrus: every head was made bald, and every shoulder was peeled: yet had he no wages, nor his army, for Tyrus, for the service that he had served against it:
19. Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will give the land of Egypt unto Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon; and he shall take her multitude, and take her spoil, and take her prey; and it shall be the wages for his army.
20. I have given him the land of Egypt for his labour wherewith he served against it, because they wrought for me, saith the Lord God.
In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Israel to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth in the midst of them; and they shall know that I am the Lord.

These things never happened in history, in fact, it was the Persians who finally defeated and subjugated Egypt. Know why? These things, (and others prophecies such as Ezekiel 30:10-19) were never intended for the literal man who is known as Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. See the difference in the spelling? This one is Nbuwkadre'tsar the terrible, of the heathen, and he comes with those hasty Chaldeans of Habakkuk 1:6, (which are Legion) who come to possess dwellings that are not their own, (the man is the house). :chuckle:

daqq

how can you know that?

do you know the bible that well?
do you know history that well?

I don't think so

No historian or historical record shows any evidence of Nebuchadnezzar 2 invading and conquering Egypt and especially not in the way it has been foretold in the passages I quoted and referenced herein above. It is not that the Scripture is wrong but rather misunderstood. Don't allow the carnal physical dimension to pull the proverbial wool over your eyes: God is SPIRIT and His Word is Spirit.

This is from the first page of a simple search just now: :)
http://sanityquestpublishing.com/essays/BabEgypt.html

Please note, (I glanced at it) they also have the wrong spelling! :crackup:

Arsenios

Ahh, another "official" treatment of the Rev.
How many of these will be done before people realize
it is not a prognostication of world events?

:thumb:

A lovely spark cast into a dark maelstrom...

What the darkness cannot overcome...

It either ignores or kills...

Arsenios