Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lol, this is a war thread if ever I saw one. :chuckle:
1566.gif

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Uhm, hate to break the news to you, but there isn't anything you said here that could have done what you claim. No doubt everyone who is willing to see can see who is offended. Moreover you are offended at the Scripture which I posted, which actually reveals what is in your heart, and that is much more likely why you are offended. You have not actually said anything for me to be offended over. Even what you said about my "Christians joining the military" stance does not actually offend me because you made up what you said. You feel the need to make up a straw-man argument, that I am somehow offended, so as to hide the fact that you are offended by the Scripture which I posted. :chuckle:

I am only showing my observation of outraged posers.

don't be so quick to be attacking or defense mood.

I know how you feel about me.

It is not good for you.

daqq

I am only showing my observation of outraged posers.

don't be so quick to be attacking or defense mood.

I know how you feel about me.

It is not good for you.

Do you? I distinctly remember saying how I felt about you:

Nope, that is nothing more than your worldly carnal minded opinion.
This is the Religion board, here is some "religion" you might want to consider:

Luke 14:26-33 ASV
26 If any man cometh unto me, and hateth not his own father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 Whosoever doth not bear his own cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28 For which of you, desiring to build a tower, doth not first sit down and count the cost, whether he have wherewith to complete it?
29 ​Lest haply, when he hath laid a foundation, and is not able to finish, all that behold begin to mock him,
30 saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
31 ​Or what king, as he goeth to encounter another king in war, will not sit down first and take counsel whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and asketh conditions of peace.
33 ​So therefore whosoever he be of you that renounceth not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Is he talking about physical war in the above passage?

Matthew 10:32-39 ASV
32 Every one therefore who shall confess me before men, him will I also confess before my Father who is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father who is in heaven.
34 Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law:
36 and a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that doth not take his cross and follow after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Is he talking about a physical sword of warfare in the above passage?
Surely he speaks of a sword of spiritual warfare.

Ephesians 6:10-17 ASV
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might.
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Wherefore take up the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 withal taking up the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

I fear for you, lest perhaps while feasting in the Word, certain ones of old time may have crept in unawares; certain ones having been named, certain ones having been written beforehand as fitted for destruction. Cut them off before they choke the Seed of the Word from the soil of your heart, (Parable of the Sower, and of course, Jude 1:4-15), for we wrestle not against flesh and blood and there appears to be a war raging in your heavens. :)

Good day. :)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Meshak must get some form of credit, at least. Even though she's, supremely ignorant, universally despised, she has yet to master the English language, (which is a little suspicious) and she is about as bright as a one-celled animal with a learning disability, she still manages to totally disrupt every single thread she's in. I find that fascinating.

daqq

She likes being carnal minded.

Carnal minded is a serious thing. This is what I meant from Jude:

Jude 1:3-4 ASV
3 Beloved, while I was giving all diligence to write unto you of our common salvation, I was constrained to write unto you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered unto the saints.
4 For there are certain men crept in privily, even they who were of old written of beforehand unto this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

It truly says "written beforehand", though not all translations render it this way, for the word rendered "written beforehand" is προγεγραμμενοι, and therefore these anthropon-manfaced or "countenances", ("certain ones"), are not the kind of men that one can see with the eyes of the flesh: for they are likened to unclean spirits, (of man and of the world), who savor the things that be of men, (Mat16:23 KJV). This moreover is expounded first in many parables, proverbs, allegories, and sayings in the doctrine of the Master in the Gospel accounts, (for instance, he says in Matthew 10:17, "Beware of the anthropon-(manfaced), for they will deliver you up to the sanhedrins, and in their synagogues they will scourge you: yea, and you shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and against the heathen).

Jude then goes on to say who these anthropon-manfaced certain ones concern, and we find the word τουτοις, which is not to say "of these" but rather "to these", meaning that Enoch prophesied not "of these", but more like "against these", in the following passage:

Jude 1:14-16 ASV
14 And to these
[against these] also Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, Behold, the Lord came with ten thousands of his holy ones,
15 to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their works of ungodliness which they have ungodly wrought, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their lusts (and their mouth speaketh great swelling words), showing respect of persons for the sake of advantage.

Indeed, these are men of old time, "men of renown", which can also be understood as "men named" or "men having been named, (Gen6:4), and they are named in Enoch according to Jude: they have names that are known, (such as Shemyaza and Azazel), and indeed they can creep in unawares while you are feasting in the Word, (Jude 1:12 ASV). Poor Meshak, Magog, and Tubal-Cain who brings forth Cain with pomp and great fanfare: the end thereof is the Valley of HamonGog. :chuckle:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Daqq,

You cannot have spiritual mind if your don't know what you need to be practicing as His followers.

Carnally minded are supersentive Christians.

You seem to be intimidated by bully Christians.

Your grandiose vocabulary will not make you spiritual minded.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Daqq,

You cannot have spiritual mind if your don't know what you need to be practicing as His followers.

Carnally minded are supersentive Christians.

You seem to be intimidated by bully Christians.

Your grandiose vocabulary will not make you spiritual minded.

If you were to spend at least a modicum of time learning how to read, write and speak English instead of "painfully attempting to spew your share of barely NOTHINGNESS," you might be able to articulate something of worth? As it is, you're not doing yourself any favors, trust me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.