Taketh away the sin of the Church !

beloved57

Amen Brother, and the reason for this wrath upon men, is not so much because of their unbelief, but more importantly it's because Christ never propitiated God's wrath as it concerns them: He never for them satisfied God's Law and Justice against their sins ! He never was their Surety Heb. 7:22; He never knew them Mat. 7:23.

Exactly Sister !

beloved57

Scripture is mere putty in your might hands.

I'll go ahead and believe the plain truth instead of your perverted mess.

I dont believe you believe the plain truth biblically, but what you have been taught of men. What does propitiation mean in 1 Jn 2:2

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Jn 1:29

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

I know the word world is here, however it means the Chuch, the Body of Christ. See the word world is the greek word kosmos and one of its meanings is:

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

That definition fitly applies to the church of Christ. The word church means: ekklésia

ek, "out from and to" and 2564 /kaléō, "to call") – properly, people called out from the world and to God, the outcome being the Church (the mystical body of Christ) – i.e. the universal (total) body of believers whom God calls out from the world and into His eternal kingdom.

any gathering or throng of men assembled by chance or tumultuously: Acts 19:32, 41.

See Christ as the Lamb of God Love the church and gave Himself for it Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

By giving Himself for the Church, He took her sin away !

"I know the word world is here"

The question, then, is why is the word 'world' here, rather than the word 'church'?

Do you know of any English versions of the Bible in which the translators have given the word 'church' for the Greek word 'kosmos' in John 1:29, or does every Bible version disagree with you?

Do you think John was just being a joker by writing 'kosmos' where (according to you) he should have written 'ekklesia'?

beloved57

"I know the word world is here"

The question, then, is why is the word 'world' here, rather than the word 'church'?

Do you know of any English versions of the Bible in which the translators have given the word 'church' for the Greek word 'kosmos' in John 1:29, or does every Bible version disagree with you?

Do you think John was just being a joker by writing 'kosmos' where (according to you) he should have written 'ekklesia'?

Already made a statement on this.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Suite yourself

Ah.....hassling Calvinists rigorously is not too big on my list of things to do these days. You're still a Trinitarian, with (I take it) a high view of Scripture, at the very least, so I'd have a hard time refusing to consider you to be one of my brothers in Christ, anyway, you loony Calvinist. :)

beloved57

It could very well read which taketh away the sin of the world of the Sheep ! We know He laid down His Life for them specifically Jn 10:11,15