Sweet in the mouth; bitter in the belly

Samie

IMHO, the gospel popularly preached to the world is not the one referred to by Jesus. I think, the gospel most preachers preach even goes against the words of Jesus Himself in at least two points.

1. Whereas Jesus said man can do NOTHING when apart from Him (John 15:5), most preachers require those they consider yet apart from Christ to do SOMETHING - believe and accept - so they can be in Him.

2. Whereas Jesus explained through the parables of the lost (Luke 15) that people begin life NOT lost, most preachers teach that people are born in sin, and hence born already lost.

It is sweet for preachers to preach the gospel, but to know that the brand of gospel they preach is not the one Jesus wanted preached is bitter. Sweet in the mouth and bitter in the belly, hence they must prophesy again (Rev 10:10, 11), and this time, it should be THE gospel our Lord wanted preached just before He comes again - one that does not contradict, but is instead based on, what our Savior Himself taught.

Samie

IMHO, the gospel popularly preached to the world is not the one referred to by Jesus. I think, the gospel most preachers preach even goes against the words of Jesus Himself in at least two points.

1. Whereas Jesus said man can do NOTHING when apart from Him (John 15:5), most preachers require those they consider yet apart from Christ to do SOMETHING - believe and accept - so they can be in Him.

2. Whereas Jesus explained through the parables of the lost (Luke 15) that people begin life NOT lost, most preachers teach that people are born in sin, and hence born already lost.

It is sweet for preachers to preach the gospel, but to know that the brand of gospel they preach is not the one Jesus wanted preached is bitter. Sweet in the mouth and bitter in the belly, hence they must prophesy again (Rev 10:10, 11), and this time, it should be THE gospel our Lord wanted preached just before He comes again - one that does not contradict, but is instead based on, what our Savior Himself taught.
So what did Jesus say when He preached the gospel?

NKJ Mark 1:14-15 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

In the gospel that Jesus preached, He commanded people to repent. This is the same command that God made in the OT (Ezek 18:30); the same exhortation to repent God now commands all men everywhere to do (Acts 17:30).

Repentance is a change of mind for what is good. Instead of doing evil, do good. IOW, overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21). Overcomers will Christ not blot out from the book of life and will be seated with Him in His throne, even as He also overcame and sat down with the Father in His throne (Rev 3:5, 21). All NOT blotted out will be allowed entry to heaven (Rev 21:27); all blotted out will have their portion in the lake of fire (Rev 20:15).

God commands people to do what He knows people are ABLE to do. And since all people are commanded, then all are able. And when one is ABLE to do SOMETHING, then he is NOT apart from Christ. But most preachers teach against this fact, by teaching that people are born in sin, and hence born lost. And to be lost is to be NOT in Christ. Yet these preachers require those they consider NOT in Christ to do SOMETHING so they can be in Him. May they soon realize the contradiction in what they teach.

beameup

Whereas Jesus explained through the parables of the lost (Luke 15) that people begin life NOT lost, most preachers teach that people are born in sin, and hence born already lost.

Jesus was preaching to a people that had thousands of years of relations with the LORD [YHWH], had been sent prophets [messengers] directly from God, and had the very WORD of God in their possession. Jesus was not preaching to an audience of Gentiles that had absolutely no history with God or knowledge of God.

Samie

Jesus was preaching to a people that had thousands of years of relations with the LORD [YHWH], had been sent prophets [messengers] directly from God, and had the very WORD of God in their possession. Jesus was not preaching to an audience of Gentiles that had absolutely no history with God or knowledge of God.
I don't think the parables of the lost are applicable only to the Jews. Take note that those whom Jesus told the parables of the lost are the scribes and Pharisees who complained that He receives sinners and eats with them (see Luke 15:1-3). And in those parables, Jesus explained that sinners do not begin life already lost. Scriptures say all have sinned - Jews and Gentile alike, so who's not a sinner?

Gentiles have no knowledge of God? I don't think so (see Rom 1:19). The centurion of Matt 8 is a non-Jew, hence a Gentile. Yet Jesus described the centurion's faith as a rare commodity, so rare He can't find it even in Israel. see Matt 8:5-10. His statement on the next two verses tells of many Gentiles taking their seat with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while many Jews are thrown out into outer darkness.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

The "Grace Gospel" that was given to Paul by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ is the ONLY Gospel for this "Dispensation of the Grace of God." In the book of Matthew, Jesus is preaching "The Kingdom Gospel" to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, only. The Apostle Paul was later chosen to be "The Apostle to the Gentiles." Paul taught "The Grace Gospel", only.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't think the parables of the lost are applicable only to the Jews. Take note that those whom Jesus told the parables of the lost are the scribes and Pharisees who complained that He receives sinners and eats with them (see Luke 15:1-3). And in those parables, Jesus explained that sinners do not begin life already lost. Scriptures say all have sinned - Jews and Gentile alike, so who's not a sinner?

Gentiles have no knowledge of God? I don't think so (see Rom 1:19). The centurion of Matt 8 is a non-Jew, hence a Gentile. Yet Jesus described the centurion's faith as a rare commodity, so rare He can't find it even in Israel. see Matt 8:5-10. His statement on the next two verses tells of many Gentiles taking their seat with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while many Jews are thrown out into outer darkness.

In Matthew 10:5 it states: "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:" Christ's earthly ministry was to The House of Israel, only.

Samie

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision
for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
- Romans 15:8
Of course. Jesus was a minister OF, not FOR, the circumcision. Being a Jew, He was OF the circumcision. YET, He was sent FOR the whole world. He gave His life FOR the world, not FOR the circumcision only. see John 6:51.

Samie

The "Grace Gospel" that was given to Paul by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ is the ONLY Gospel for this "Dispensation of the Grace of God." In the book of Matthew, Jesus is preaching "The Kingdom Gospel" to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, only. The Apostle Paul was later chosen to be "The Apostle to the Gentiles." Paul taught "The Grace Gospel", only.
From our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Himself, on what gospel need to be preached before He comes again:

KJV Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

And that's the same gospel our Lord Himself preached:

Mark 1:14-15 14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

What you MADists don't get is that once the Gentiles grafted to the God of Israel, they BECAME ISRAEL.

There is only one gospel, and the apostles simply got things started- they knew very well that a Gentile wasn't about to go affiliate himself with Jewish practice, and neither was a Jew about to lope with a Gentile.

Dispensationalism is just 'SOLO scriptura' gone even more haywire. You pretty much cut yourselves off from God's spiritual kingdom while claiming to have the patent on it.
Way to go :wave2:

Samie

In Matthew 10:5 it states: "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:" Christ's earthly ministry was to The House of Israel, only.
From our Lord Himself, as to who He came to give His life for:

KJV John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

beameup

Of course. Jesus was a minister OF, not FOR, the circumcision. Being a Jew, He was OF the circumcision.

Nope
"Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand." - Matthew 10:5b-6 "The Kingdom of Heaven" was the Gospel preached by Jesus in his earthly ministry.

The Gospel preached by Peter:
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; and he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. - Acts 3:19-21

Ben Masada

Nope "Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand." - Matthew 10:5b-6 "The Kingdom of Heaven" was the Gospel preached by Jesus in his earthly ministry.

The Gospel preached by Peter:Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; and he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath
spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. - Acts 3:19-21

Hey Beameup, how did you feel after you posted this post about Mat. 10:5,6? Honestly, didn't you feel somehow left out and disappointed at Jesus himself of all men? I tend not to agree with that text of Matthew because I see in it a contradiction of Isaiah 42:6 where we read that Israel was assigned as light unto the Gentiles and now, Jesus of all Jews advising his disciples not to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles, especially if they are of the Samaritan kind. I think it was a blunder committed by the Hellenist who wrote that gospel.

beameup

Hey Beameup, how did you feel after you posted this post about Mat. 10:5,6? Honestly, didn't you feel somehow left out and disappointed at Jesus himself of all men? I tend not to agree with that text of Matthew because I see in it a contradiction of Isaiah 42:6 where we read that Israel was assigned as light unto the Gentiles and now, Jesus of all Jews advising his disciples not to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles, especially if they are of the Samaritan kind.

His mission was that ALL ISRAEL BE SAVED as the first step. Once that is accomplished, Exodus 19:5-6 is fulfilled. Once that is accomplished then the LIGHT WILL SHINE FROM JERUSALEM to the ends of the Earth.
Unfortunately, that program has been temporarily "set-aside" for now. Now we are in "The Times of the Gentiles" these last approx. 2,000 years. But that is coming to a rapid end... everything is going according to plan.

Ben Masada

His mission was that ALL ISRAEL BE SAVED as the first step. Once that is accomplished, Exodus 19:5-6 is fulfilled. Once that is accomplished then the LIGHT WILL SHINE FROM JERUSALEM to the ends of the Earth. Unfortunately, that program has been temporarily "set-aside" for now. Now we are in "The Times of the Gentiles" these last approx. 2,000 years. But that is coming to a rapid end... everything is going according to plan.

Was that the reason why he said to have come for the lost tribes of Israel? If that's so, you must think twice before you agree with my question because, it will only show poor knowledge of the Scriptures in Jesus. He should know much better that, according to Psalm 78:67-70, the Lord rejected Ephraim aka the Tabernacle of Joseph and confirmed Judah to remain as a People before the Lord forever for the sake of King David. (I kings 11:36)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
From our Lord Himself, as to who He came to give His life for:

KJV John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Jesus was privy to the history that was to unfold during future events. Jesus KNEW that The Apostle Paul would come into the picture and be The Apostle to the Gentiles. Therefore, when Jesus, during His earthly ministry told His Disciples NOT to go to the Gentiles, He meant, just that. John 6:51 does not negate what Jesus said in Matthew 10:5.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What you MADists don't get is that once the Gentiles grafted to the God of Israel, they BECAME ISRAEL.

There is only one gospel, and the apostles simply got things started- they knew very well that a Gentile wasn't about to go affiliate himself with Jewish practice, and neither was a Jew about to lope with a Gentile.

Dispensationalism is just 'SOLO scriptura' gone even more haywire. You pretty much cut yourselves off from God's spiritual kingdom while claiming to have the patent on it.
Way to go :wave2:

They became part of The Body of Christ. (The Church.) They weren't the NEW Israel of which YOU speak. You're not only an infamous Mysoginist but, a rejecter of The Grace Gospel. Because of your rejection of "Paul's Gospel" you will not inherit eternal life unless you hear The Grace Gospel and place ALL your faith in Christ and not some of it in yourself.