Supreme Court temporarily bans muslims in six countries before full hearing...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trumps order is lawful, and constitutional. Which is a redundancy to say it is legal for the chief executive to execute the laws of the land. Full arguments in the fall.

President Obama said:
Now, I continue to believe that the best way to solve this problem is by working together to pass that kind of common sense law. But until that happens, there are actions I have the legal authority to take as President – the same kinds of actions taken by Democratic and Republican Presidents before me – that will help make our immigration system more fair and more just.

That is Obama saying he has legal authority to disobey the law.

chair

Trumps order is lawful, and constitutional. Which is a redundancy to say it is legal for the chief executive to execute the laws of the land. Full arguments in the fall.

That is Obama saying he has legal authority to disobey the law.

You would do well to read the article that you linked to. For starters, neither the ban nor the Supreme Court ruling bans Muslims.

This is an interesting issue. It's a shame that you feel a need to make Obama-bashing part of it.

rexlunae

I think the ruling they handed down was quite reasonable, and balanced the various interests at play carefully. It should minimize harm to people with a legitimate right to be here, while preserving the President's authority to protect the country in times when the President isn't an enormous blowhard. That's not to say that the ban itself is good policy, but that wasn't the question before the Court. Trump was desperate for a win, and he can claim some small victory, but this is a far, far cry from the "complete and total shutdown of Muslims entering the country" he promised his followers.

ClimateSanity

complete and total shutdown of Muslims entering the country" he promised his followers...Rex

Sorry. He never made such a promise, just like he never said he had tapes of his conversation with Comey.

You and the rest of the left have been duped again.

ClimateSanity

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said.

Catch that? A campaign press release....not an official statement from Trump.

Tricky? Yes. But it's typical political tactics practiced by all sides, especially the Dems. Clinton was the master of it.

The campaign statement was effective at separating Trump from the large number of GOP candidates.

Trump didn't distance himself from the campaign statement because he agreed with the spirit and intent of the statement.

What kind of attention would he garner if at the beginning of that statement it said DJP wants to implement a travel ban on 7 countries known for potential terrorism and start aggressive vetting ?

Trump would never have made it out of the starting gate.

rexlunae

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said.

Tricky? Yes. But it's typical political tactics practiced by all sides, especially the Dems. Clinton was the master of it.

The campaign statement was effective at separating Trump from the large number of GOP candidates.

Trump didn't distance himself from the campaign statement because he agreed with the spirit and intent of the statement.

What kind of attention would he garner if at the beginning of that statement it said DJP wants to implement a travel ban on 7 countries known for potential terrorism and start aggressive vetting ?

Trump would never have made it out of the starting gate.

Dude...watch the video I posted. He said that almost verbatim.

And really, you're going to have to get over the election. Hillary can't be your excuse for Trump's lies forever.

ClimateSanity

And really, you're going to have to get over the election. Hillary can't be your excuse for Trump's lies forever.
He was quoting the campaign statement.....he didn't say it as coming from himself. Evidently you need to watch your own video. You're still too stupid to realize he is quoting....not making an original statement.

ClimateSanity

What lie? You cannot name one. All the accusations of lies are the true lies.

exminister

He was quoting the campaign statement.....he didn't say it as coming from himself. Evidently you need to watch your own video. You're still too stupid to realize he is quoting....not making an original statement.

While he read the campaign statement the crowd cheered and applauded.
Then after he read the statement he repeated slowly and methodically "We have no choice......We have no choice............We have no choice" (In other words, "I am Donald Trump and I approve this message").
The crowd continued to cheer. Then he went on to read a Pew poll.

He read these to build the case. How do you stop this terrorism? Don't let them in, except if they are from Saudia Arabia because even though a number of them were involved in 9/11 ...well... they got oil and we want to sell them arms.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If the administration follows their requested timeframe then the review will be done before the full hearing. I'm interested to see what they do

jeffblue101

complete and total shutdown of Muslims entering the country" he promised his followers...Rex

Sorry. He never made such a promise, just like he never said he had tapes of his conversation with Comey.

You and the rest of the left have been duped again.

I disagree, Trump did say that but later publicly back off those remarks to a policy of just more vetting. this also shows the courts that ruled against the ban were cherry picking Trump's statement during the campaign.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

So a press release from his campaign, which he read word for word in front of an adoring crowd is not an official statement from Trump? He read it, he said it, his crowd loved it. That bigoted self-loving liar is our President. Yep, he won the election. We are stuck with this schmuck for the next 3.5 or so years.

ClimateSanity

So a press release from his campaign, which he read word for word in front of an adoring crowd is not an official statement from Trump? He read it, he said it, his crowd loved it. That bigoted self-loving liar is our President. Yep, he won the election. We are stuck with this schmuck for the next 3.5 or so years.
Yes.....that's exactly right. It's not an official statement from Trump.

Was there ever an interview where Trump was asked if he intended to ban all Muslims from entry into America????

No

rexlunae

Right, he was quoting a campaign statement, that explicitly used his name to call for exactly what I quoted to you. That doesn't count as a promise he made? Really?!? So, he's not responsible for his campaign's official statements, even if he repeats them with his own mouth? In public, in front of an audience? Just what is it that he says that should be taken seriously, then?

You've got an excuse for everything.