Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The last time I deleted a post that I deemed to be unhelpful :spam: it ignited a firestorm of cries of censorship. So I decided to create a place to copy such posts. This way the thread in question is not derailed to badly and people will know where the post went.
Enjoy!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Originally Posted by Zeus
Does a person need to have homosexual behavior to be gay?

Yes, one establishes the other...your feelings are not what is sinful, acting on them is. Actions are a choice pure and simple.

Sorry Del, not sure if you wanted responses in this thread but, this comment/fallacy deserved one...

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
These were put up in a thread in the ECT. I will be taking them down as they don't belong there.

This series is from Mark of the Beast Theory

Spam Post Number 1

Spam Post Number 2

Thus one is more compelling than the others that I have seen out there.
A snippet from the article.

Bible and Middle Eastern scholars are noting a similarity between the Arabic name for Allah and the Greek letters naming the Beast of Revelation.
Former PLO operative turned Christian Arabic-language researcher Walid Shoebat affirms there’s evidence that the name of Allah in Arabic is what the apostle John saw in his vision of the Antichrist’s name in the book of Revelation.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/is-allah-the-antichrist/#ozvHbbo9kZxsBig6.99

There is also a video on the page.
This is desperately, painfully stupid stuff.

Neron Kaiser. That's it, folks. Cut and dry. Sorry to disappoint.

And incidently, isn't it a little odd how Christians obsess over the beast's mark and meaning when the mark of God's followers is what John emphasized? I guess the dark side is cooler after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Spam Post Number Three.

It also says the beast had seven heads and that the great whore was drinking from a goblet of blood, among other things, so, either interpret the book symbolically and with some consistency or don't try to understand it at all.

Spam Post Number Four

Originally Posted by tetelestai
Futurism/Dispensationalism has done this to Christians.

It's created a bizarre genre of science/biblical fiction so convoluted, so intricate, so utterly without actual biblical merit, that it really takes some effort to dig through the layers of fiction and speculation and figure out the barely-biblical-basis for the insanity.
The beast, 666, mark of the beast, etc. is all ancient history. All the events described in Revelation happened 66AD - 70AD

Agreed that it's done; still up in the air about when it was written, although Gentry and others make a very strong case for a Neronic date.
Apparently, Futurists/Dispensationalists and heavy metal bands enjoy trying to guess who/what the "666 beast" is and what he looks like.

There is a weird, grim, bizarre, morbid fascination Christians have with their end-of-the-world revenge fantasy, made even weirder by obsessing over the Antichrist's identity, date of the rapture, mark of the beast, etc.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My apologies. I didn't realize that was the ECT. I tend to jump straight from the active threads page rather than through the forum pages.

That is why I didn't punish anyone. It was an oversight. So I moved the content of the posts here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think when you move a post here you should at least tell where it was originally posted. :idunno:
I agree! Thanks for bringing that up, and thanks to A4T for providing the correct answer!

All anyone has to do to see where a post originated and in its original form is click that little arrow in the quote, and poof they zoom right there.

That little arrow is so convenient. It drives me nuts when people quote someone else and without using the built in quote feature.

jeremysdemo

Eeset those quotes were from the Mark of the Beast theory thread,

in the event you get pushed to the bottom of this page when you press the arrow like I did rather than the thread the quotes came from....:)

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.