Sin and Guilt = Religion

Bradley D

Does God compare us to others ? Are we compared to other sinners ?

God does not need to compare us to others. He knows us inside and out. However, the world does judge us by our actions, especially when we claim to be Christians. The world would like nothing better to point out our defects.

Rylan of Ohio

When you express theism in a systematic, ceremonial, or any outward manner, you are expressing a religious action.

Baptism, the Lord's Supper, Ordination, etc., these are all facets of a Christian religion. If Christianity is not a religion, what is it? The Church Fathers died for such a religion, and not for you to come and claim that it's not a religion, it's a "message". The gospel is both our life and our religion, it is a relationship and our religion.

I was quoting Merriam-Webster, so don't call me stupid, blame the definition of the word "Religion". :think:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also, you didn't address the second definition.

You and the rest of the heathens do not get to redefine words for your agenda.

Religion is rule, ordinances, practices for the intention of man pleasing God. God gave religion to the Hebrews. The OP left that part out. It does not apply to us today. I do not please God, and I make no effort to please him. I am free from the law, religion, sin and death. Religion is an attempt to obey and please God. Christianity is God doing something for you.

Robert Pate

Banned
When you express theism in a systematic, ceremonial, or any outward manner, you are expressing a religious action.

Baptism, the Lord's Supper, Ordination, etc., these are all facets of a Christian religion. If Christianity is not a religion, what is it? The Church Fathers died for such a religion, and not for you to come and claim that it's not a religion, it's a "message". The gospel is both our life and our religion, it is a relationship and our religion.

I was quoting Merriam-Webster, so don't call me stupid, blame the definition of the word "Religion". :think:

I don't care for the word "Religion". Paul used the word when he referred to his life as a Pharisee, Acts 26:5. "Religion" in the Greek means to bind. People are in bondage to the law and are religious. My definition of religion is man's attempt to please God by what he is, or by what he has become. Religion doesn't work. Man is born a sinner and dies a sinner. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, so, its all for nothing. God only accepts Jesus Christ, we are accepted only in him.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't care for the word "Religion". Paul used the word when he referred to his life as a Pharisee, Acts 26:5. "Religion" in the Greek means to bind. People are in bondage to the law and are religious.

The law is what God gave to us to show we need a savior. They wrongly thought they justified themselves by straining gnats, and ignored the weightier matters of the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
God does not need to compare us to others. He knows us inside and out. However, the world does judge us by our actions, especially when we claim to be Christians. The world would like nothing better to point out our defects.

The chief work of the devil is to accuse Christians of sin.

This is why we are not subject to the law.