Shots fired at Texas Mohammed art exhibit

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Irrational xenophobic anti-immigrant fear mongering. Once again, you are being controlled by fear and it is making you look completely bonkers.

Anti-immigrant! :rotfl: and speaking of overactive imaginations...:rotfl:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
And yet, Christians have been as savage to others (and to each other) as Muslims are to others (and to each other).

If you are inclined to evil, any ideology will do.

Steko observes:
Yeah, man has an obvious problem, doesn't he?

Yep.

Lo, all our pomp of yesterday
Is one with Nineveh and Tyre!
Judge of the Nations, spare us yet,
Lest we forget—lest we forget!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
When I was 18 my best friend was like "Hey man, let's go get tattoos", and I said no.
Because I was afraid that I would pick something, an then maybe a few years later, the New Nazis would start, and then pick the same thing as their logo.
Like all of a sudden ,there are tanks rolling across Europe with the San Antonio Spurs logo on the side of them, and I look like some huge ........
So I didn't do it, and he made fun of me, and went and got a tattoo by himself.
Do you wanna know what tattoo my best friend got?
He got a tattoo of the name of his favorite metal band... Isis.
Have you ever won an argument 12 years later? It feels great.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/9vvRQ...asion.com/winning-an-argument-12-years-later/

Warning, one vulgar anatomical reference.

PureX

I'd say that when political and religious power are identical it invites corruption and abuse. Part of Islam's problem is that it tends to insist on the linkage.
There are no small number of TOLers that feel the same lust for theocracy.

I think lusting after power and control over other people is universal and is a sickness that infects Islam and Christianity, equally. Not as much the other big religions, though.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

I think lusting after power and control over other people is universal and is a sickness that infects Islam and Christianity, equally. Not as much the other big religions, though.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Theres that pesky absolute claim of authority...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You have to distinguish between people and ideology. Christianity doesn't call for it. Christ was fairly clear as to what he expected of us and it wasn't raising up a new Holy Empire.

I think lusting after power and control over other people is universal and is a sickness that infects Islam and Christianity, equally.
I'd say you're right about people in general, or rather some people in any general group, but not about the distinction between religions.

musterion

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Theres that pesky absolute claim of authority...

Purex refuses to recognize that authority. His own authority is quite self-sufficient, just ask him.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

The problem always comes down to people thinking that they've been given the authority to assume God's place.

musterion

The problem always comes down to people thinking that they've been given the authority to assume God's place.

We MADs do not. We simply quote Him, but that seems to be infuriating enough to people like you.

Do you have a problem with Catholic popes - and priests, for that matter - purporting to be essentially Christ on earth, as far as their followers are concerned?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Do you have a problem with Catholic popes - and priests, for that matter - purporting to be essentially Christ on earth, as far as their followers are concerned?

Matthew 10:40
Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.

Matthew 25:40
Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.

John 13:20
Very truly I tell you, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.

Galatians 4:14
And even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God, as if I were Christ Jesus himself.​

Jesus himself said that when anyone receives his representative, that is equal to receiving Jesus himself. And Paul commended the Galatians for welcoming him "as if I were Christ Jesus himself."

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian chuckles:

We MADs do not.

Denial isn't going to do you much good.

We simply quote Him

Except when it doesn't fit your new doctrines:

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heaven and the earth, when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the heaven and the earth

I know, "well, that one isn't supposed to be taken literally." Cafeteria Christians like you pick and chose what verses they want to believe.

Do you have a problem with Catholic popes - and priests, for that matter - purporting to be essentially Christ on earth

We're used to people inventing things we're supposed to believe. God says the world would hate us, and you do. Set your resentment and envy aside, make your peace with Him, and you'll no longer feel the need to hate us.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Jesus himself said that when anyone receives his representative, that is equal to receiving Jesus himself. And Paul commended the Galatians for welcoming him "as if I were Christ Jesus himself."

"When you did it for the least of these, you did it for me." We are, all of us who believe in Him.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureX

You have to distinguish between people and ideology. Christianity doesn't call for it. Christ was fairly clear as to what he expected of us and it wasn't raising up a new Holy Empire.

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, - Matthew 28:19

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. - Mark 16:15-16

and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. - Luke 24:47

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. - John 3:17

Fooled me.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Town Heretic writes:

Exactly so:
John 18:36 My kingdom is not of this world.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say: Behold here, or behold there. For lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

No "Christian nations", no empire of the elect. Not for this world, until He decides to do it Himself.

musterion

Can Islam be made to live with the norms of free societies in which it now nests? Can Islam learn - or be forced - to suck it up the way Mormons, Catholics, Jews and everyone else do? If not, free societies will no longer be free. Pam Geller understands that, and has come up with her response. By contrast, Ed Miliband, Irwin Cotler, Francine Prose, Garry Trudeau and the trendy hipster social-media But boys who just canceled Mr Fawstin's Facebook account are surrendering our civilization. They may be more sophisticated, more urbane, more amusing dinner-party guests ...but in the end they are trading our liberties.
Also has a good observation about the idiotic and suicidally dangerous Bill O...

http://www.steynonline.com/6943/stay-quiet-and-youll-be-okay#.VU5XthAFbI8.twitter

jihad-Bfawstin.jpg

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
No "Christian nations", no empire of the elect. Not for this world, until He decides to do it Himself.

Jesus says:
John 18:36 My kingdom is not of this world.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say: Behold here, or behold there. For lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

Connie explains why he thinks Jesus is not being realistic:
So much for Christian missionaries going throughout the wold and sharing God's Word ey barbarian?

How on Earth could we spread the word of God, without political domination? Hint: start with the Acts of the Apostles.

Acts 1:6 They therefore who were come together, asked him, saying: Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? [7] But he said to them: It is not for you to know the times or moments, which the Father hath put in his own power: [8] But you shall receive the power of the Holy Ghost coming upon you, and you shall be witnesses unto me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria, and even to the uttermost part of the earth. [9] And when he had said these things, while they looked on, he was raised up: and a cloud received him out of their sight. [10] And while they were beholding him going up to heaven, behold two men stood by them in white garments.

Have some faith in God for a change, Connie. What Caesar has, is unworthy of your worship.