Shalom. Shabbat.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Explain it to me. It sounds like an evasion on your part. Like you don't really know.
Shalom.

Do you understand YHVH, Yahveh, from right to left in the Hebrew, God's name יהוה? God is my Savior.

Jesus is the Son of God. And Jesus is my Savior. He died for me, for the forgiveness of my sins.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

Do you understand YHVH, Yahveh, from right to left in the Hebrew, God's name יהוה? God is my Savior.

Jesus is the Son of God. And Jesus is my Savior. He died for me, for the forgiveness of my sins.

Shalom.

Jacob

Really, then why does God say He is the only Saviour. Are you suggesting God is lying?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Really, then why does God say He is the only Saviour. Are you suggesting God is lying?
Shalom.

No. There is only one God. The word Savior when in reference to Christ is used differently. That Jesus died to save me from my sin also still means that God is my Savior.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Shalom.

I do not know. It says a Man. In Hosea it says, or speaks of, the Angel. Does the word angel mean messenger? Are you able to show me the Hebrew? I see it says אִישׁ. Hebrew is read from right to left. I can read the Hebrew word, but I do not think angel. It is a man, or man. See also Hosea 12:4.

Shalom.

Jacob
I think you'd better read the passage again, paying special attention to vs. 30.

And are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away. But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the Old Testament the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ. - 2 Corinthians 3:13-14

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 10:9 (KJV)
1st Corinthians 15:3-4 (KJV)
1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)
Shalom.

I recognize that you are using the KJV. I am a citizen of the United States of America, a Jew and of Israel as a proselyte and a convert. I grew up using the New American Standard (Bible or Update).

Your verse selection is appropriate. I do not know where you are getting these verses from. I hope that you come to see all things in truth.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

No. There is only one God. The word Savior when in reference to Christ is used differently. That Jesus died to save me from my sin also still means that God is my Savior.

Shalom.

Jacob

No, the word Saviour is not used a different way. You're making that up. Stop doing despite to the word of God just to suit your own disbelief.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, the word Saviour is not used a different way. You're making that up. Stop doing despite to the word of God just to suit your own disbelief.
Shalom.

No. What I am saying is that you are correct that God is the only Savior. Now read the verses that say that. They are not the same as verses that say that Jesus is the Savior. There is no contradiction.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think you'd better read the passage again, paying special attention to vs. 30.

Shalom.

I have done so. I do not know what to make of it. The Bible says that no one has seen God at any time. So we need to understand what is being said.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Shalom.

I recognize that you are using the KJV. I am a citizen of the United States of America, a Jew and of Israel as a proselyte and a convert. I grew up using the New American Standard (Bible or Update).

Here is the ESV, which is derived using the Dead Sea Scrolls:
So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel,[fn] saying, “For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered.”
Peniel literally means "the face of God"

glorydaz

Shalom.

No. What I am saying is that you are correct that God is the only Savior. Now read the verses that say that. They are not the same as verses that say that Jesus is the Savior. There is no contradiction.

Shalom.

Jacob

Of course they are not the same verses, but they speak of the same God. So here we see "God our Saviour" and "Jesus Christ our Saviour" all in the same text.

Titus 3:4-6 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;​

Here we see God saying "Beside me there is no Saviour."

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no Saviour.​

And here we see Paul tells us, "NOW made manifest by the APPEARING of our Saviour Jesus Christ..."

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:​

So, either God was lying when He said there is no other Saviour besides Him or God was telling us that He and Jesus Christ are the same God and Saviour. I'm convinced God does not lie, nor would He mislead us. He is making it clear that He and Jesus Christ are the ONE SAVIOUR.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here is the ESV, which is derived using the Dead Sea Scrolls:
So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel,[fn] saying, “For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered.”
Peniel literally means "the face of God"
Shalom.

My response that you are replying to was to someone else, not you. Please take a look.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course they are not the same verses, but they speak of the same God. So here we see "God our Saviour" and "Jesus Christ our Saviour" all in the same text.

Titus 3:4-6 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;​

Here we see God saying "Beside me there is no Saviour."

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no Saviour.​

And here we see Paul tells us, "NOW made manifest by the APPEARING of our Saviour Jesus Christ..."

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:​

So, either God was lying when He said there is no other Saviour besides Him or God was telling us that He and Jesus Christ are the same God and Saviour. I'm convinced God does not lie, nor would He mislead us. He is making it clear that He and Jesus Christ are the ONE SAVIOUR.
Shalom.

You have created a false delimma.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I've "created" nothing. I'm merely exposing your own inconsistencies on this subject.
Shalom.

There is no inconsistency. It has to do with the way you are looking at it. You need to accept all of scripture. I have explained this to you but you have stubbornly chosen to abide with or by your prior preconceptions.

Shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth

Shalom.

There is no inconsistency. It has to do with the way you are looking at it. You need to accept all of scripture. I have explained this to you but you have stubbornly chosen to abide with or by your prior preconceptions.

Shalom.

Jacob

Just wondering, do you feel closer to God and more holy by saying 'peace' in Hebrew?

You say 'shalom' so much. You say it before and after what you write.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Just wondering, do you feel closer to God and more holy by saying 'peace' in Hebrew?

You say 'shalom' so much. You say it before and after what you write.
Shalom.

The word shalom means peace. I come in peace and I leave in peace, or I give you my peace. People misunderstand this if I do not say it, but I do it of my own free will and in the peace of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

You have explained nothing, except what you "don't know". You've been quite stubborn in doing that.

What you have made clear is that you have no interest in finding answers to all those things you "don't know".

Since it seems you're only here for attention, I'll leave you to that. :carryon:

God's Truth

Shalom.

The word shalom means peace. I come in peace and I leave in peace, or I give you my peace. People misunderstand this if I do not say it, but I do it of my own free will and in the peace of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

Why not say it in English?

Why say it every single post?

I can see a person saying it at the beginning of a debate, and maybe at the end, but why every single post? It seems strange.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have explained nothing, except what you "don't know". You've been quite stubborn in doing that.

What you have made clear is that you have no interest in finding answers to all those things you "don't know".

Since it seems you're only here for attention, I'll leave you to that. :carryon:
Shalom.

I have shared with you what I know, but you have said I am stubborn, don't know, and that I am here for attention. You are lying about these things, but you don't know.

Shalom.

Jacob