Searching for Man's intrinsic value

JosephR

Number 38 is pretty good for bidding purposes. It will be allowed if Caino will have it.

Welcome Caino to the auction. Be prepared for a fast game when the bidding starts.

when a Zen master meets a Zen master... no introduction is needed...

as here... when a thief meets a thief,they know there own.

a lair or demons,,lairs anagram is liars//

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Do people have value beyond themselves?

If so, what is it?

If not, what reasonable value should we place on others, ourselves?

interesting question

the answer is yes, people do have value beyond themselves

only
due to your ability to love
and
your ability to be loved

Truster

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Amen.

Truster

PS

The converted man will not find any intrinsic value within:

''Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.''

dialm

BANNED
Banned
PS

The converted man will not find any intrinsic value within:

''Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.''

Epic fail

PureX

Do people have value beyond themselves?

If so, what is it?
Yes. The universe (existence) has become conscious, and self-aware, through mankind. (And to some degree through all conscious beings.) Also, existence has value because we conscious beings can and do assign value to it.

Thus, we have significant value both within ourselves, and beyond ourselves.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
when a Zen master meets a Zen master... no introduction is needed...

as here... when a thief meets a thief,they know there own.

a lair or demons,,lairs anagram is liars//

Yes Buda will be bidding. He has a 200,000,000 man army. Who would try to stop him?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Yes. The universe (existence) has become conscious, and self-aware, through mankind. (And to some degree through all conscious beings.) Also, existence has value because we conscious beings can and do assign value to it.

Thus, we have significant value both within ourselves, and beyond ourselves.

So when we go unconscious we have no value? Maybe you are right PureX. Jesus did tell His followers to stay awake. They weren't able to. Not one of the 12. Do you think someone spiked the water? I do. (Your pre-bid package is noted.)

alwight

So when we go unconscious we have no value? Maybe you are right PureX. Jesus did tell His followers to stay awake. They weren't able to. Not one of the 12. Do you think someone spiked the water? I do. (Your pre-bid package is noted.)
Sleep performs a valuable function, without sleep our value while awake is perhaps somewhat diminished.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The Chinese have just withdrawn their bid of $200,000,000.00

(Maybe I should see what is up with the Twins?)

The entire auction is telepathically transported to the foot of Mount Ebo where the Siamese Twins are just coming down.

Where have you two been? Why have you not brought Mr. Judaism to the auction? And why do you wear that silly veil?

(Enough of this!)

SOLD TO THE ATHEIST FOR $4.50!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Chinese have just withdrawn their bid of $200,000,000.00

(Maybe I should see what is up with the Twins?)

The entire auction is telepathically transported to the foot of Mount Ebo where the Siamese Twins are just coming down.

Where have you two been? Why have you not brought Mr. Judaism to the auction? And why do you wear that silly veil?

(Enough of this!)

SOLD TO THE ATHEIST FOR $4.50!

Your insanity runs deep

dialm

BANNED
Banned
A lot of people thrive on their own paranoia.

Don't you guys know anything about the stock market?

Buy low
Sell high

Individuals are given small amounts of value. That value does not last forever. You got to use it or it is wasted. Like whining about your own ignorance ain't going to get you an education. Study to show yourself approved. So far you are not approved. And your value is going bye bye.

PureX

Don't you guys know anything about the stock market?

Buy low
Sell high

Individuals are given small amounts of value. That value does not last forever. You got to use it or it is wasted. Like whining about your own ignorance ain't going to get you an education. Study to show yourself approved. So far you are not approved. And your value is going bye bye.
Fortunately for me, your approval is irrelevant. And so is your comment.