Scriptures that Calvinists misunderstand

God's Truth

Calvinists use scriptures to defend their beliefs but they were taught to misunderstand many of the scriptures.

I want to start with the filthy rags scriptures because it is one of the few scriptures from the Old Testament that they use.

How do they ever get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?!

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD from an animal, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering by sacrificing an animal but not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a filthy menstrual bloody rag offering. It made the blood offering as a filthy menstrual blood offering instead.

Not being truly sorry for sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Our righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if we do not OBEY HIM.

God does not say that our obedience is as a filthy rag.

The Jews used to have to give BLOOD offerings for their souls--so that they could make themselves RIGHTEOUS BEFORE GOD. The blood of animals was to atone for their souls.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

God did NOT like it that the Jews would sin, give a BLOOD SIN OFFERING BUT NOT REALLY BE SORRY FOR THEIR SINS, their sins that they kept doing.

Those BLOOD offerings became as FILTHY THROW AWAY, BLOODY MENSTRUAL RAGS to the Lord.

Calvinists use the filthy rag scripture to claim NO ONE can do ANYTHING right for it is as a filthy rag.

I hope that the Calvinists will see that they were taught wrong and that our obedience is never ever a filthy rag to God.

God's Truth

Isaiah 1:13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!

That is what is said by God about the offerings the people were bringing.

Is God putting down the law He gave about bringing offerings?

No. Of course not. God is not putting down the law He gave.

God is putting down the offerings that are given by those who have not stopped sinning.

God is putting down the offerings given by people whose hearts are not right.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You are actually contending Salvation through grace by faith. 1 John 4 is the only other key. But, it's nice to see you launch an OP. I hope you receive much debate.

I disagree with your perpetual brow beating of the word obey. I believe you are self defeating your witness... but... you do drive people to scripture and this is good.

God's Truth

Read how God, who gave the law to Moses, is complaining that the Jews who were doing the law were doing it without a true heart of remorse from sin.

Isaiah 1:14 Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals
I hate with all my being.
They have become a burden to me;
I am weary of bearing them.
15 When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I hide my eyes from you;
even when you offer many prayers,
I am not listening.
Your hands are full of blood!
16 Wash and make yourselves clean.
Take your evil deeds out of my sight;
stop doing wrong.

God's Truth

You are actually contending Salvation through grace by faith.

...but NOT by faith alone.

The no works is about no ceremonial works and that is what Isaiah is speaking of...bringing offerings, even praying, observing special days...those things are worthless from people who do not obey and stop sinning.

1 John 4 is the only other key.

What exactly would you like to say about 1 John 4?

But, it's nice to see you launch an OP. I hope you receive much debate.

I might, and I might not have much debate. I have made a few threads before.

Thank you for your support. I hope too the Calvinists and non Calvinists will talk about this.
I disagree with your perpetual brow beating of the word obey.
I am not brow beating.

It is the 'secret' to everything.

If you obeyed Jesus' teachings, you would see the power in his words, the life and the Spirit.

I believe you are self defeating your witness...

It is not about me it is about God.

but... you do drive people to scripture and this is good.

Amen. I am glad that you have found something good to say to me.

Those scriptures you say I drive people to, those scriptures are God's words, and believing them completely and obeying them is the only way you will experience words on paper to words in the heart and mind.

God's Truth

Isaiah 16 Wash and make yourselves clean.
Take your evil deeds out of my sight;
stop doing wrong.
17 Learn to do right; seek justice.
Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
plead the case of the widow.
18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,”
says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.
19 If you are willing and obedient,
you will eat the good things of the land;
20 but if you resist and rebel,
you will be devoured by the sword.”
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Not everyone can do things for the fatherless and widows, but everyone can stop sinning.
I live in a country that takes care of the fatherless and widows.
God was not just speaking individually but to the nation leaders.

God speaks to us individually too though.
We are to help our own family, and if you are not able to do that, you still can do right by stop sinning.

God's Truth

You see, God speaks about the rulers, but know too that God speaks to us individually too.

21 See how the faithful city
has become a prostitute!
She once was full of justice;
righteousness used to dwell in her—
but now murderers!
22 Your silver has become dross,
your choice wine is diluted with water.
23 Your rulers are rebels,
partners with thieves;
they all love bribes
and chase after gifts.
They do not defend the cause of the fatherless;
the widow’s case does not come before them.

24 Therefore the Lord, the Lord Almighty,
the Mighty One of Israel, declares:
“Ah! I will vent my wrath on my foes
and avenge myself on my enemies.
25 I will turn my hand against you;
I will thoroughly purge away your dross
and remove all your impurities.
26 I will restore your leaders as in days of old,
your rulers as at the beginning.
Afterward you will be called
the City of Righteousness,
the Faithful City.”

God's Truth

Read what is said in Isaiah before the filthy rags scriptures. The filthy rags scripture is the scripture Calvinists use to defend their false doctrines. Calvinists say no one can do right unless they are already saved. That is not true, as we can see from scripture 4 and 5 that there are those who wait for God and gladly do right and remember His ways.

Isaiah 64

4 Since ancient times no one has heard,
no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen any God besides you,
who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.
5 You come to the help of those who gladly do right,
who remember your ways.

But when we continued to sin against them,
you were angry.
How then can we be saved?

beloved57

what does these scriptures mean then?

who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.
5 You come to the help of those who gladly do right,
who remember your ways.

You need to study for yourself, I don't play bible hopscotch with you. Those in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8, and all men by nature are in the flesh!

God's Truth

You need to study for yourself, I don't play bible hopscotch with you. Those in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8, and all men by nature are in the flesh!

If you do not discuss instead of just posting the same scripture repeatedly then what good are you doing?

beloved57

If you do not discuss instead of just posting the same scripture repeatedly then what good are you doing?
You don't want to study for yourself. You want to cherry pick scriptures all over the bible and say here explain this, without you doing nothing. Im not your flunky. Now, those who are in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8. All men are born by nature in the flesh, so Jesus says man must be born again. Jn 3:6-7

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7*Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again

Now until a man is born again, he or she is in the flesh and can't please God!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

God's Truth

You don't want to study for yourself. You want to cherry pick scriptures all over the bible and say here explain this, without you doing nothing. Im not your flunky. Now, those who are in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8. All men are born by nature in the flesh, so Jesus says man must be born again. Jn 3:6-7

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7*Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again

Now until a man is born again, he or she is in the flesh and can't please God!

I have started out with one scripture to discuss, a scripture Calvinists misunderstand and preach falseness about.

Why can't you read what I said about the filthy rag scripture and comment on that?

We can speak about the other scriptures later.

beloved57

I have started out with one scripture to discuss, a scripture Calvinists misunderstand and preach falseness about.

Why can't you read what I said about the filthy rag scripture and comment on that?

We can speak about the other scriptures later.
Those in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8!