Scriptures for Passover

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets, not to abolish them.

And one of his fulfillments was to update the law so that it is compliant with the Abrahamic covenant which preceded Mosaic law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And one of his fulfillments was to update the law so that it is compliant with the Abrahamic covenant which preceded Mosaic law.

I don't know if update is accurate.

There are many covenants in the Bible.

The covenant God made with the nation of Israel did follow the covenant God made with Abraham. The new covenant in Jesus Christ God's Son came after this, and is with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

genuineoriginal

God didn't change the covenant, he changed the law.

The Law is part of the covenant.
Not one yud (י the smallest letter of the Hebrew alphabet) nor one tittle (stroke of a pen that makes the difference between a ר and a ד or between a ו and a ן) has been changed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And has nothing to do with Jesus' congregations of spiritual Israel.

I don't know what you are talking about. I have no idea what you mean by spiritual Israel. I don't find your idea in scripture either; your whole idea expressed here is not found in scripture.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Law is part of the covenant.
Not one yud (י the smallest letter of the Hebrew alphabet) nor one tittle (stroke of a pen that makes the difference between a ר and a ד or between a ו and a ן) has been changed.

The Hebrew Bible has not been changed but there is a new testament consistent with the Abrahamic covenant which updates the Law of Moses.

Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek and not be called according to the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. (Hebrews 7:11-12)​

Has the priesthood been changed?

genuineoriginal

The Hebrew Bible has not been changed but there is a new testament consistent with the Abrahamic covenant which updates the Law of Moses.

Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek and not be called according to the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. (Hebrews 7:11-12)​

Has the priesthood been changed?
If there are still day and night in their seasons, then God has not broken the covenant with the Levites as priests.

Jeremiah 33:19-21
19 And the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah, saying,
20 Thus saith the Lord; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And has nothing to do with Jesus' congregations of spiritual Israel.
What do you mean Jesus' congregation of spiritual Israel? Owing to the absence of spiritual Israel in scripture, I would have to agree.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What do you mean Jesus' congregation of spiritual Israel?

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.​

Does the Torah teach that circumcision nor uncircumcision avails nothing? Is that what you believe?

Through Jesus Christ the people of Israel can become spiritual Israel, the Israel of God. Jesus said the flesh profits nothing.

You are tied up doing works of the Jewish law, but for what purpose?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.​

Does the Torah teach that circumcision nor uncircumcision avails nothing? Is that what you believe?
The Torah reveals people of faith who were uncircumcised and circumcised.
Through Jesus Christ the people of Israel can become spiritual Israel, the Israel of God. Jesus said the flesh profits nothing.
I have no idea where that doctrine comes from.
You are tied up doing works of the Jewish law, but for what purpose?
Obedience to God is important. The Torah has not changed. Not all believers observe Torah.

genuineoriginal

Not all believers observe Torah.
And why would they?
You should not ask why one believer observes the Torah and why another believer does not.

Romans 14:2-6
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

You should not ask why one believer observes the Torah and why another believer does not.

Romans 14:2-6
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.​

Do you believe that this should be interpreted in light of Torah?

genuineoriginal

Do you believe that this should be interpreted in light of Torah?
The statutes and judgments in the Torah are the most righteous ones ever devised, since they were the ones God made.

Deuteronomy 4:8
8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?​

Who can say whether the Christians that choose to follow the Torah are right or wrong?
Only God can say.

genuineoriginal

What was the decision of the apostles and elders at the Jerusalem conference?
Many Christians are taught that even following these four restrictions is putting your self under the law.

Acts 15:28-29
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.​

However, these four are the minimum acts of obedience required by the leaders of the Jerusalem church of new Gentile believers, not the maximum voluntary obedience that a believer can choose for himself.

There was not a single person that thought it strange that thousands of believers were zealous of the law during those days.

Acts 21:20
20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:​