Same sex marriages are all null, according to Christians

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You’ll still have to civilly divorce, but in the eyes of Christians, your marriage is null.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You’ll still have to civilly divorce, but in the eyes of Christians, your marriage is null.

Marriage can only be between a man and a woman. Homosexuality is a sin. Homosexual sin is punishable by death.

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Homosexual sin is punishable by death.

As are all mortals regardless of their sin.

Jesus is not judging unbelievers at this time.

Unbelievers will have their opportunity for eternal life.

Pray for them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Pray for them.

I suppose I do not have a definition for sin, beyond it being the transgression of the law, or lawlessness. I say this because the penalty, outcome, or consequence of sin is death. But if someone steals something, the Torah describes how to make that right. My understanding is that there is no death penalty here. So, I know if this is sin or if it is considered sin, there is sin that does not lead to or result in death as a penalty or punishment beyond saying that the result or outcome of sin is death, since Adam and Eve. I do not know why you say mortals.

I do not know why you say that Jesus is not judging unbelievers at this time. I do not know why you say that unbelievers will have their opportunity for eternal life. It is important to pray for other people. I do not know about praying for believers or unbelievers, in regard to sin or not.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Marriage can only be between a man and a woman.
Civil marriage occurs legally between two men, between two women, and between one man and one woman. And just like a civilly divorced person, whose original marriage was valid, and whose original spouse still lives, who marries another, is also in a null marriage, so are two women or two men who are civilly married. Christians consider all these marriages null, and therefore any sexual behavior between these spouses is grave sin.
Homosexuality is a sin. Homosexual sin is punishable by death.
Grave sin when committed with full knowledge and deliberate consent is mortal/fatal sin.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Pray for them.
Their opportunity is now. Catholics and others pray to the Lord, "Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy."

john w

Hall of Fame
Grave sin when committed with full knowledge and deliberate consent is mortal/fatal sin.

No such thing, biblically, as "mortal" sin, or "fatal" sin. The RCO taught you that-you learned it from them. The LORD God,in his book, never did/will.

Jose Fly

So what? Surely you haven't fooled yourself into thinking that same-sex couples are saying "Christians believe our marriage is null? Oh noes!!!"

I mean, if I told you that Hindus don't see Christian marriages as valid, would you care?

Jose Fly

And apparently not all Christians share this anti-gay sentiment.

Wisconsin priest tells parishioners he's gay, gets ovation

MILWAUKEE — A Roman Catholic priest in Milwaukee has come out as gay, writing that he will no longer live in the shadows of secrecy and plans to be authentic to his gay self.

The Rev. Gregory Greiten disclosed his sexual orientation on Sunday to the St. Bernadette Parish and was greeted with a standing ovation from his parishioners,

genuineoriginal

And apparently not all Christians share this anti-gay sentiment.

Wisconsin priest tells parishioners he's gay, gets ovation
Those "Christians" don't know Jesus and Jesus does not know them.

Matthew 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Civil marriage occurs legally between two men, between two women, and between one man and one woman. And just like a civilly divorced person, whose original marriage was valid, and whose original spouse still lives, who marries another, is also in a null marriage, so are two women or two men who are civilly married. Christians consider all these marriages null, and therefore any sexual behavior between these spouses is grave sin.

You call this marriage and say that Christians consider these to be null. I do not know what you mean by grave sin, mortal/fatal sin.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
No such thing, biblically, as "mortal" sin, or "fatal" sin. The RCO taught you that-you learned it from them. The LORD God,in his book, never did/will.
Absolutely. I was raised Protestant. I certainly learned about mortal sin from the Roman church. 1st John 5:16-17 KJV "sin unto death" there, not "mortal sin." It helped clear things up for me, learning about mortal sin.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You call this marriage and say that Christians consider these to be null. I do not know what you mean by grave sin, mortal/fatal sin.
Sin deserving of the death penalty is grave. Grave sin committed with full knowledge and deliberate consent is mortal or fatal sin. If a Christian commits mortal sin they kill the love in their heart. If a Catholic commits grave sin they are not welcome in Communion.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Their opportunity is now. Catholics and others pray to the Lord, "Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy."

Are you ignoring the Great Day?

Why?

"But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished." (Revelation 20:5)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sin deserving of the death penalty is grave.

The grave symbolizes death.

All sins are grave, but we are appointed to die once anyway.

Paul said, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

Do Catholics agree with any of Paul's writings?