Saddest day of my life

Gary K

Banned
The last two days have been the saddest days of my life. My little dog and I have spent more than 13 years together 24/7. My wife got him for me after I got hurt as I was so depressed, so he was my therapy dog for all these years. I spent yesterday crying as I knew he was going to have to be pit to sleep and then last night he fell off a rocking chair and his hind legs were paralyzed as a result. I just got back from putting him to sleep. I came out of a very dysfunctional family so I wasn't close to any of them. I don't think I shed a year at either of my parent's funerals but this little guy's death has really shaken me up.

He was a really special dog. He had an understanding of human speech that was incredible, My wife and I had a standing joke beteen us that whoever took him for his evening walk would tell the other one that he was mad at them because he wanted them to take him for his evening walk. One morning I was sitting on the couch putting on my shoes and was kidding my wife about that. Bear was sitting behind me on the couch and while U was talking to my wife she started pointing behind me in a way he couldn't see. I turned around and looked and Bear was looking at me and he was mad. I reached out to pet him and he tried to bite me. My wife told me I was going to have to stop lying about him. I tried to pet him again and he tried to bite me again. So I told him I was sorry foe lying about him and a couple of minutes later he crawled into my lap and made up with me.

He was one really special little dog. At about 5lbs he was the most athletic dong I've ever seen. He was 8" tall at the front shoulders and I've seen him clear a 30" obstacle with a running start. I timed him with the car on a 1"- gravel road at 18 mph for about 300 yards, With only 4" front legs that's one fast little dog.