Sacrifices

Oleander

God, the prophets, and Jesus all claims: Sacrifices are not required for salvation.

So, who really invented the sacrifice system?

Example: Jeremiah 7:23-24

Isaiah 1:11

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You will learn much about the sacrificial system in researching this question. It was not invented by man. Sources may include a Torah or a Chumash.

musterion

The question unasked is often the answer needliest heard.

The landscape unseen is often the vista that needs contemplated by the blind.

The thought unthunk is a path, and the path, to wisdom, and yet neither.

An entire multiverse lies within your deepest navel lint.

I don't know what this means but send me a love gift of $50 and I'll make up something.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Listing the sacrifices and referencing where they are found is important. There are charts that can be found about the sacrifices.

An interesting question is if God ever commands or approves of sacrifice.

Oleander

God, the prophets, and Jesus, never command or approves the sacrifice.

So, how we came up with blood, and sacrifices for salvation?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God, the prophets, and Jesus, never command or approves the sacrifice.

So, how we came up with blood, and sacrifices for salvation?

I would spend some time in the Torah, the TaNaKh, and the New Testament for your answers. Let me know if you have a specific question. Right now I believe that you have a false assumption. In other words, I believe that sacrifice has been commanded by God, but I do not have a verse for you right now.

Rosenritter

You will learn much about the sacrificial system in researching this question. It was not invented by man. Sources may include a Torah or a Chumash.

Genesis 3:21 KJV
(21) Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

There's the first sacrifice. Animals had to be slain to provide man with coats of skins, but they did not need those coats before they sinned.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Genesis 3:21 KJV
(21) Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

There's the first sacrifice. Animals had to be slain to provide man with coats of skins, but they did not need those coats before they sinned.
Coats of skins, yes. Sacrifice, I do not know.

Oleander

There is no single command from God, the prophets or Jesus stating sacrifices of any creatures blood will give you salvation or wipes your sins.

TrevorL

Greetings Oleander,
There is no single command from God, the prophets or Jesus stating sacrifices of any creatures blood will give you salvation or wipes your sins.
The faithful offered sacrifices before the Law, such as Noah’s burnt offerings after the flood Genesis 8:20-21. The Law details Sin, Trespass, Burnt, Peace, Meal and Drink Offerings. All of these are typical, pointing forward to the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus, the Lamb of God, the perfect sacrifice, who takes away the sin of the world. We become associated with this death and resurrection through belief and baptism into Jesus.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I do think of sin offerings and guilt offerings.

Also, what about Passover and the Day of Atonements?