Sacraments and MADists

Brother Ducky

Just looking for information/feedback here, not an argument.

I have the impression that some/most/all MAD adherents do not use the traditional Protestant sacraments of Baptism and Communion.

Is my impression correct? And if so, what is the theological under-girding of the position? Is there some new form of sacrament that MADists celebrate?

Thanks,
BD

musterion

Just looking for information/feedback here, not an argument.

I have the impression that some/most/all MAD adherents do not use the traditional Protestant sacraments of Baptism and Communion.

Is my impression correct? And if so, what is the theological under-girding of the position? Is there some new form of sacrament that MADists celebrate?

Thanks,
BD

What STP said.

The usual reason (imo) is that they are tied to God's program for Israel and are seen in action when God was yet dealing with Israel as Israel, so as such they have no real purpose for the Body of Christ. There's far more agreement among MADs regarding water baptism but all would agree that if someone is doing either because they think it holds some salvational weight with God and/or one is disobedient if he does not participate, that is where it becomes a major problem.