Righteousness by Faith / Not by Rules, Laws or Religion

Robert Pate

Banned
"But to him that does NO WORKS, but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

In the New Testament faith in Christ and his Gospel count for righteousness. Not works, obedience or religion.

"For what does the scripture say? Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness" Romans 4:3.

What was it that Abraham believed? Abraham believed in God's promise of a savior and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

This doctrine is very offensive to people that are religious. The religious want to do something so that they can earn their salvation. In the New Testament works, laws and religion count for nothing. This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.And not by laws, rules and religion.

The purpose of the law in the New Testament is not to justify or save. The purpose is to convict people of their sins and bring them to Christ, Galatians 3:23-25.

"But after faith is come we are no longer under the schoolmaster (the law) For we are all Children of God by faith in Christ Jesus" Galatians 3:26.

There is no longer any purpose for the law for the born again Christian. The Christian is not obligated to do or to keep the law. The New Testament Christian lives by faith and by the Holy Spirit, John 16:13, this is why the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14.

What is this faith that justifies the ungodly? As we have seen it is not faith in our ability to keep or do the law. It is faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. We who are saved are not trying to become holy by the works of the law or by religion, "For by the law no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20. We are resting in the work that Jesus has already done that reconciled us and the world to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. We believe that we are complete in him (Jesus) Colossians 2:10.

Righteousness is not something that we must obtain. righteousness like salvation is a free gift from God, We receive it when we receive Christ as our savior. In the judgment it is going to be the only righteousness that God will accept.

"And be found in him, not having my own righteousness that is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you do nasty racist name calling in this thread, this one will get shut down too.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Abraham Had To Prove His Faith With Works

Acts 26:20
20 "but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.
John 8:39
39 They answered and said to Him, "Abraham is our father." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham.
James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:20-22
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
John 14:10-12
10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
11 "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
(NKJ)
XXX Even Abraham had to prove his faith with works. Because faith without works is dead faith.

[Heb 11:17 KJV] 17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten [son],
[Heb 11:17 NKJV] 17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten [son],

Robert Pate

Banned
Abraham Had To Prove His Faith With Works

Acts 26:20
20 "but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.
John 8:39
39 They answered and said to Him, "Abraham is our father." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham.
John 14:10-12
10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
11 "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
(NKJ)
XXX Even Abraham had to prove his faith with works. Because faith without works is dead faith.

[Heb 11:17 KJV] 17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten [son],
[Heb 11:17 NKJV] 17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten [son],

Works do not produce faith. Works count for nothing. Faith being mixed with the Holy Spirit is what produces good works and the Christian life, Ephesians 2:10.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The purpose of the law in the New Testament is not to justify or save. The purpose is to convict people of their sins and bring them to Christ, Galatians 3:23-25.

The law was added to the Sinaitic covenant because of Israel's sin.

"What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made." (Galatians 3:19)

The Seed has come and the law is not applicable.

Robert Pate

Banned
The law was added to the Sinaitic covenant because of Israel's sin.

"What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made." (Galatians 3:19)

Jesus abolished the law and replaced it with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit came into the world on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:1-13.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here are some verses from a search for righteousness faith

Romans 4:11 KJV - And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which [he had yet] being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
Romans 4:13 KJV - For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, [was] not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Romans 9:30 KJV - What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
Philippians 3:9 KJV - And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus abolished the law and replaced it with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit came into the world on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:1-13.

"But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit;
So He turned Himself against them as an enemy,
And He fought against them." (Isaiah 63:10)

john w

Hall of Fame
"But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit;
So He turned Himself against them as an enemy,
And He fought against them." (Isaiah 63:10)

What, Jamie? No, no, no-don't you know? According to Pate, you cannot use Old Testament scripture, such as Isiah 63:10 KJV, which you quote, to make your point-it was abolished, destroyed, and no longer exists, according to devil child Pate!!!!!

You are trying to use Old Testament scripture to make your point. There is a problem with that. The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished....the Old Testament is now nothing but history...

Pate told Paul that also!!!!!:

http://www.freewebs.com/thywordis/PAUL QUOTES THE OT.htm

This is why Pate, on record, also asserts that these scriptures were also abolished, and cannot be used, to make a point:

Matthew 5:17 KJV Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Psalms 111 KJV

7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

John 5:39 KJV Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Pate: To h with you, God-I will attempt to delete 3/4 of scriptures, to prevent this "Jesus" from being known!!

Romans 3:21 KJV
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Pate: To h with you, God-I will attempt to delete 3/4 of scriptures, including the law, since it testifies to the righteousness of God without the law, and I need to prevent this teaching, on orders from my daddy the devil.And you cannot use Old Testament scripture to make your point-it no longer exists!!!!!

Luke 24:44 KJV And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Pate: To h with you, God-I will attempt to delete 3/4 of scriptures, to prevent this "Jesus" from being known!!And you cannot use Old Testament scripture, "which were written in the law of Moses," to make your point-it no longer exists!!!!!

Psalm 40:7 KJV Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

Hebrews 10:7 KJV Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Pate: To h with you, God-I will attempt to delete 3/4 of scriptures, to prevent this "Jesus" from being known!!And you cannot use Old Testament scripture to make your point-it no longer exists!!!!!

1 Corinthians 10 KJV

11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Pate: No, no, no, Paul!!!!You cannot use Old Testament scripture to make your point-it no longer exists!!!!!

Romans 15 KJV

4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Pate: No, no, no, Paul!!!!You cannot use Old Testament scripture, those things that "were written aforetime," "for our learning," so that we might have "hope," to make your point-Old Testament scripture, those things written aforetime, no longer exists!!!!!

Again, Paul-according to Pope Pate, you are trying to use Old Testament scripture to make your point. There is a problem with that. The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished, Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!.And no, Paul, the things that happened to others in the Old Testament for examples, for our admonition, and those things written for our learning in the Old Testament, to teach us patience, and provide us hope, do not!!!!!!!!!They no longer exists, as the Old Testament scriptures have been abolished!!!!!

beameup

For Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to everyone who believes. Romans 10:4
Christ's righteousness is transferred to you when you believe, making you sinless in God's eyes.

john w

Hall of Fame

Jesus abolished the law and replaced it with the Holy Spirit.The Holy Spirit is the Christian's teacher.

Someone/anyone, to Pate: The Holy Spirit replaced the law, which no longer exists, which you taught us, and He teaches me that suicide bombings, and blowing up abortion clinics are just fine.

Pate:

Not a peep, from this demon. I've challenged him on this for months, and he punts, side steps it, posts irrelevant slop, changes the subject, subtly(Genesis 3:1 KJV), craftily, on orders from his serpent daddy, dismisses it.

john w

Hall of Fame
There is no longer any purpose for the law for the born again Christian. The Christian is not obligated to do or to keep the law. The New Testament Christian lives by faith and by the Holy Spirit, John 16:13, this is why the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14.

Tell all of TOL, Pope Pate, if, for eg., stealing, murder is a sin,for "the born again Christian." If it is, why? If it is not, tell us why not.

Tell all of TOL, Pope Pate, if, for eg., stealing, murder is a sin,for the lost. If it is, why? If it is not, tell us why not.

Let's go, Pate. You made the "argument." Explain it, w/o just posting verses, in isolation, w/o expounding on their meaning.

Watch, again, the evasion, the changing of the subject, side stepping, sound bytes, misdirection toward me, with perhaps another racial slur......w/o addressing my questions, based upon his premise in this thread, and all the other "the law no longer exists, the OT no longer exists" duplicate threads he spams.

Go ahead, Pate. Address my questions.

You won't-he has punted for 2 months.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
For Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to everyone who believes. Romans 10:4

Christ's righteousness is transferred to you when you believe, making you sinless in God's eyes.

Yes, and the end of the commandment is love.

"Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned." (1 Timothy 1:5 KJV)

Same thing, different words.

clefty

Yes, and the end of the commandment is love.

"Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned." (1 Timothy 1:5 KJV)

Same thing, different words.

The Greek word telos, translated “end” in Romans 10:4, can convey variations in meaning, including “ ‘the aim or purpose’ of a thing” ( Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, 1985, “End, Ending”). This is very clear in the New King James Version’s rendering of 1 Timothy 1:5, where telos is properly translated as purpose in the clause “the purpose of the commandment is love.” In this same verse the NRSV translates telos as “aim” and the NIV renders it as “goal.”

Paul uses telos in Romans 10:4 to convey that the objective or goal of the law—the “aim or purpose” of it—is to point us to the mind and character of Jesus Christ (Galatians 4:19; Philippians 2:5).

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-too...lish-gods-law/what-did-paul-mean-by-christ-is

Posted over and over again...but always avoided ignored rejected...end is “goal” not abolished changed...that it is ended is false witness which jews started in Acts...

And His people love not the love of the world and not as the pagans love...

Our love is different peculiar set aside circumcised...

...a Love modeled and instructed by Him so as to DO as He did...Love as He Loved

This Love includes certain behaviors and acts and forfeits others...it’s just not the love of the world its ways...is why the world HATES those that pick up their cross and FOLLOW HIM...HIS WAY

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Again...
Romans 10:4 KJV-in context..

The very design of the law, is to to bring men/women, to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, for justification and salvation, as He alone gives that forgiveness/pardon, and resurrected life which the law shows the want of, but cannot provide. The Lord Jesus Christ is the "end game," so to speak, the culmination of God's holy law, in the sense that it has pointed to him, as the school master, and has been finalized/realized in him. God's holy law has not ceased to have a necessary function, nor has it ceased to have any value, nor is it void. Survey Romans 7.......

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Lord Jesus Christ has not abolished/destroyed the law....

Matthew 5 KJV
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

......but the LORD God, through His Christ, has replaced it as the standard for righteousness, with His Christ. In this sense he has culminated the law as the "end game"/focal point of the purpose of God's holy law-Christ is the end game of the law.

But the book, in no way, asserts that God's holy law is destroyed/does not exist, or is "abolished."

The Lord Jesus Christ, being the "it is finished," is the holy law's goal, its climax, its inevitable outcome. Coming to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and what He did, is thus the resultant "end", the goal, with Him being the consummation to whom the holy law of God points.

Again, Paul does not say, or even imply, that the Lord Jesus Christ abolished/terminated the validity, function, and relevance of God's holy law. The purpose of this law, and most of "the volume of the book,"is to point us to our innate human need for a Savior, to "get us out" of our dire predicament, and realize that the law is now no longer our slave driver, as we came to Christ, and we are no longer under its jurisdiction, as pertaining to the penalty of sin(salvation), or the power of sin(sanctification), nor is it our "source for our "walk"-he is our "end."

Romans 3 KJV

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Christians are instructed by the LORD God, through Paul, to use the existing law as a witness to the righteousness of God without the law, and "tie" prophecy, and its fulfillment, to the Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 3:21 KJV But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Luke 24:44 KJV And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

This is why Paul said to the Galatians... "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

The law demands perfection. No one has it to offer.

This is why Jesus abolished the law. It was contrary to us, no one can keep it or do it, Colossians 2:14.

Christians no longer need laws or rules because, "The law was not made for the righteous Man, but for the lawless and disobedient" 1 Timothy 1:9.

The word of God stands true. The word of man is just a blowing in the wind.

Robert Pate

Banned
But sometimes a person may just get a warning ticket.

Not under the law.

Under the law you are judged and condemned. There is no mercy under the law. This is why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

john w

Hall of Fame
Not under the law.

Under the law you are judged and condemned. There is no mercy under the law. This is why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

Devil child Pate asserts, on record, that the Saviour did not die for our sin debt/IOU, paying our debt, in our place, as the solution, and, instead, asserts, on record, that this "Jesus" is an incompetent, impotent fool,UNABLE TO DIE FOR ALL OF OUR SINS, future sins, as is God the Father, for even sending Him to die, as devil child Pate's "solution" to the sin/sins problem, is to eliminate the law that defines the sin/transgression, thus, "presto," there is no offense/transgression/sin for which to die, instead of the Saviour dying for our future sin debt. Do you all "get that," TOL audience? That, in simple terms, is this satanist "argument," breaking it down. Again, Pate asserts that the solution to the sin/sins issue, is not that the Saviour died for our sin debt in the future, which is contrary to us, for breaking the LORD God's perfect,good, holy,just, spiritual law, and a reflection of His character to both the saved and lost, and not that we are the problem, but the problem is with the law, as it is not perfect, it is not good, it is not holy, it is not spiritual, as laws against murder, rape, lying, stealing......are all contrary to us, so, instead of the Saviour dying in our place, to satisfy the debt/IOU, abolish the law, so that there is no offense/transgression/sin for which He should die, and thus abolish the Saviour's work, as Pate asserts that the Saviour DID NOT DIE FOR OUR FUTURE SINS, SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DIE, for our future sins/sin debt. Thus, Pate asserts he died in vain, for nothing, as his "solution" is to abolish/eliminate/destroy/make void the law, so that there is no future sin/transgression/offense, and associated/corresponding wage/sin debt to be paid for. Again-Pate-Christ died in vain.

Mayor STP:"It's not that complicated."

Pate argues that the solution to the sins issue, is not Christ dying for our sins, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, to blot out/wipe out/pay for the sin debt, both past/future, "man's IOU" for breaking the good, holy, spiritual law of God, per Paul, in Romans 7, which Paul asserts is not void, as the problem is not with man, but with the God's law, as he asserts that it is not perfect, it is not good, it is not holy, it is not just, it is not spiritual, as it is the law, that is contrary/against us, according to Pate, those troublesome prohibitions against murder, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery, lying......and not the sin debt/IOU that is contrary to/against us; Again, Pate denies that the sin debt/IOU is contrary/ against us, as He asserts that God's laws against murder, lying, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery,......................................are contrary/against us, are not for our benefit, are not good, not holy, not spiritual; His "solution" is for the LORD God to destroy/abolish/make void the law, so there is no offense to break, in the future, not Christ dying for our sins, He paying the debt/IOU for us, in our place.

Thus, Pate, on record, asserts that Christ died in vain, there was no reason to die, as He did not need to die to pay our IOU/sin debt, as all the LORD God had to do, was destroy/abolish/make void/eliminate the law, so there would not be a sin debt/IOU. Thus, he then,like the devil attempts to ...

Delete "the handwriting of ordinances" of Colossians 2:14 KJV, replacing it with "law/ordinances," thus perverting, corrupting the scriptures, making it look like Paul says that Christ blotted out, made void, the law/ordinances, making it look like Paul is saying that the law/ordinances are contrary/against us, not for our benefit, instead of Paul saying that the sin debt/IOU was blotted out, as that is what is contrary to us, against us, as Paul asserts that the law is perfect, good, holy, just, spiritual, not void, in Romans 11, and the problem is with man, and the sin debt/IOU for breaking a good, holy, spiritual law, not the law itself.

Pate says the opposite, asserting that the problem is with the law, as it is not prefect/good/holy/spiritual,as he asserts that it causes us to sin, as it is sin, and the problem is not with man/him, and he asserts that the solution is to assert that Christ came to destroy/abolish/blot out the law, not to die for man's breaking the good, holy, spiritual, law of God.

The "secular" example of Pate's "reasoning::

Pate gets a speeding ticket. He goes to court, and, in front of the judge...

Pate:Judge, I demand that you abolish/destroy the law against speeding. It is not a good law, because I/others cannot keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This law is not for my benefit, or society's-it is contrary to/against me/society!!!!!!!!!! Abolish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And, if you do not abolish it, it automatically condemns me, judges me, as guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The judge: No, the laws are good, and are for everyone's benefit, including yours. They are not against you, are not contrary to you, they are not against society, they are not contrary to society, -they stand. The problem is with you/others breaking these good laws, and the debt you/others must pay for these offenses(sins) you committed. That is what is contrary to/against you/others. Pay the fine. The law cannot condemn you, just because it is in place.

Pate: No!!!!! Abolish the law!!!!!!!

The judge: Either pay the fine, or go to jail-the law stands.

Pate: No!!!!The laws are not good-they are the problem, not me!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Tell you what, Pate. Someone just paid your fine/debt/IOU(sin, offense, transgression) on your behalf. Justice is served. You are free to go(Christ died for our sins....paying the sin debt, IOU)

Pate: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That person need not have paid my fine/debt!!!!!(Christ need not die to pay the sin debt/IOU). The solution is to abolish, destroy, make void, the laws against speeding(fill in the blank), so that we will not have to "do" these laws, obey them, and the solution is not the fine being satisfied(Christ-propitiation)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Lock up this man for dementia, contempt of court, lunacy-put him in a straight jacket.

And now, in wickedness, attempt to delete Genesis-John. You will lose, demon:

Matthew 24:35 KJV Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

1 Peter KJV
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Robert Pate

Banned
Devil child Pate asserts, on record, that the Saviour did not die for our sin debt/IOU, paying our debt, in our place, as the solution, and, instead, asserts, on record, that this "Jesus" is an incompetent, impotent fool,UNABLE TO DIE FOR ALL OF OUR SINS, future sins, as is God the Father, for even sending Him to die, as devil child Pate's "solution" to the sin/sins problem, is to eliminate the law that defines the sin/transgression, thus, "presto," there is no offense/transgression/sin for which to die, instead of the Saviour dying for our future sin debt. Do you all "get that," TOL audience? That, in simple terms, is this satanist "argument," breaking it down. Again, Pate asserts that the solution to the sin/sins issue, is not that the Saviour died for our sin debt in the future, which is contrary to us, for breaking the LORD God's perfect,good, holy,just, spiritual law, and a reflection of His character to both the saved and lost, and not that we are the problem, but the problem is with the law, as it is not perfect, it is not good, it is not holy, it is not spiritual, as laws against murder, rape, lying, stealing......are all contrary to us, so, instead of the Saviour dying in our place, to satisfy the debt/IOU, abolish the law, so that there is no offense/transgression/sin for which He should die, and thus abolish the Saviour's work, as Pate asserts that the Saviour DID NOT DIE FOR OUR FUTURE SINS, SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DIE, for our future sins/sin debt. Thus, Pate asserts he died in vain, for nothing, as his "solution" is to abolish/eliminate/destroy/make void the law, so that there is no future sin/transgression/offense, and associated/corresponding wage/sin debt to be paid for. Again-Pate-Christ died in vain.

Mayor STP:"It's not that complicated."

Pate argues that the solution to the sins issue, is not Christ dying for our sins, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, to blot out/wipe out/pay for the sin debt, both past/future, "man's IOU" for breaking the good, holy, spiritual law of God, per Paul, in Romans 7, which Paul asserts is not void, as the problem is not with man, but with the God's law, as he asserts that it is not perfect, it is not good, it is not holy, it is not just, it is not spiritual, as it is the law, that is contrary/against us, according to Pate, those troublesome prohibitions against murder, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery, lying......and not the sin debt/IOU that is contrary to/against us; Again, Pate denies that the sin debt/IOU is contrary/ against us, as He asserts that God's laws against murder, lying, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery,......................................are contrary/against us, are not for our benefit, are not good, not holy, not spiritual; His "solution" is for the LORD God to destroy/abolish/make void the law, so there is no offense to break, in the future, not Christ dying for our sins, He paying the debt/IOU for us, in our place.

Thus, Pate, on record, asserts that Christ died in vain, there was no reason to die, as He did not need to die to pay our IOU/sin debt, as all the LORD God had to do, was destroy/abolish/make void/eliminate the law, so there would not be a sin debt/IOU. Thus, he then,like the devil attempts to ...

Delete "the handwriting of ordinances" of Colossians 2:14 KJV, replacing it with "law/ordinances," thus perverting, corrupting the scriptures, making it look like Paul says that Christ blotted out, made void, the law/ordinances, making it look like Paul is saying that the law/ordinances are contrary/against us, not for our benefit, instead of Paul saying that the sin debt/IOU was blotted out, as that is what is contrary to us, against us, as Paul asserts that the law is perfect, good, holy, just, spiritual, not void, in Romans 11, and the problem is with man, and the sin debt/IOU for breaking a good, holy, spiritual law, not the law itself.

Pate says the opposite, asserting that the problem is with the law, as it is not prefect/good/holy/spiritual,as he asserts that it causes us to sin, as it is sin, and the problem is not with man/him, and he asserts that the solution is to assert that Christ came to destroy/abolish/blot out the law, not to die for man's breaking the good, holy, spiritual, law of God.

The "secular" example of Pate's "reasoning::

Pate gets a speeding ticket. He goes to court, and, in front of the judge...

Pate:Judge, I demand that you abolish/destroy the law against speeding. It is not a good law, because I/others cannot keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This law is not for my benefit, or society's-it is contrary to/against me/society!!!!!!!!!! Abolish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And, if you do not abolish it, it automatically condemns me, judges me, as guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The judge: No, the laws are good, and are for everyone's benefit, including yours. They are not against you, are not contrary to you, they are not against society, they are not contrary to society, -they stand. The problem is with you/others breaking these good laws, and the debt you/others must pay for these offenses(sins) you committed. That is what is contrary to/against you/others. Pay the fine. The law cannot condemn you, just because it is in place.

Pate: No!!!!! Abolish the law!!!!!!!

The judge: Either pay the fine, or go to jail-the law stands.

Pate: No!!!!The laws are not good-they are the problem, not me!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Tell you what, Pate. Someone just paid your fine/debt/IOU(sin, offense, transgression) on your behalf. Justice is served. You are free to go(Christ died for our sins....paying the sin debt, IOU)

Pate: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That person need not have paid my fine/debt!!!!!(Christ need not die to pay the sin debt/IOU). The solution is to abolish, destroy, make void, the laws against speeding(fill in the blank), so that we will not have to "do" these laws, obey them, and the solution is not the fine being satisfied(Christ-propitiation)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Lock up this man for dementia, contempt of court, lunacy-put him in a straight jacket.

And now, in wickedness, attempt to delete Genesis-John. You will lose, demon:

Matthew 24:35 KJV Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

1 Peter KJV
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

You have 0 understanding of the Gospel.

When Jesus died on the cross all of humanity died with him, Romans 6:6. This is why Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ" Galatians 2:20. The old Adamic humanity has been put to death in Jesus Christ. Not only did God put to death the whole sinful race in Jesus Christ, he also destroyed sin, death, the devil and abolished the law. All that have faith in Jesus and his Gospel are now new creations in Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

They have been reconciled to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19, And now stand complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

There is no condemnation to those that are "In Christ" because God sees them as perfect and complete "In Christ".

This is why the righteous man does not need the law, 1 Timothy 1:9. He has already been justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus, 1 Corinthians 1:30, and now sits in heavenly places "In Jesus Christ" Ephesians 2:6