Rich Christians Have Received Their Consolation

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
RICH CHRISTIANS
2 Cor 8:9-15
9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.
10 And in this I give advice: It is to your advantage not only to be doing what you began and were desiring to do a year ago;
11 but now you also must complete the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to desire it, so there also may be a completion out of what you have.
12 For if there is first a willing mind, it is accepted according to what one has, and not according to what he does not have.
13 For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened;
14 but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that their abundance also may supply your lack-- that there may be equality.
15 As it is written, "He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack."
Acts 4:31-5:8
31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.
32 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common.
33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.
34 Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold,
35 and laid them at the apostles' feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need.
36 And Joses, who was also named Barnabas by the apostles (which is translated Son of Encouragement), a Levite of the country of Cyprus,
37 having land, sold it, and brought the money and laid it at the apostles' feet.
CHAPTER 5
1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession.
2 And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles' feet.
3 But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?
4 "While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."
5 Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things.
6 And the young men arose and wrapped him up, carried him out, and buried him.
7 Now it was about three hours later when his wife came in, not knowing what had happened.
8 And Peter answered her, "Tell me whether you sold the land for so much?" She said, "Yes, for so much."
Acts 5:9-11
9 Then Peter said to her, "How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out."
10 Then immediately she fell down at his feet and breathed her last. And the young men came in and found her dead, and carrying her out, buried her by her husband.
11 So great fear came upon all the church and upon all who heard these things.

1 Tim 6:10-11
10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
(NKJ)

Matt 13:22
22 "Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.
(NKJ)

Luke 6:24-26
24 "But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation.
25 Woe to you who are full, for you shall hunger. Woe to you who laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep.
26 Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Why are you trying to dispute me? I'm only showing you what the Word says. Go dispute Jesus He is the one that brought this truth to us.

lifeisgood

:think:

So, you, Squeaky, are saying that the Bible is saying that if you are rich, forget about any consolation for you.

Poor Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Solomon, Joseph, etc. no consolation according to Squeaky.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
:think:

So, you, Squeaky, are saying that the Bible is saying that if you are rich, forget about any consolation for you.

Poor Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Solomon, Joseph, etc. no consolation according to Squeaky.

I said
lol Read it again. They have already received their consolation.

beameup

1k9p8cyq3cq6l13z8qgp960ee.530x301x1.jpg

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Road Apples. That sounds more like Communism than Christianity. God doesn't care how much money someone has, one way or the other.
I said
lol You really should read the bible.

I am sure I've read it more times than you have. So what.

If a person repents and accepts Jesus and lives a Christian life, their wealth makes no difference to God. Prove otherwise.

Tell that to Job.

Care to elaborate?

Same thing: If a person repents and accepts Jesus and lives a Christian life, their wealth makes no difference to God.

What are Road Apples?

roadapplesheader.jpg

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am sure I've read it more times than you have. So what.

If a person repents and accepts Jesus and lives a Christian life, their wealth makes no difference to God. Prove otherwise.

Care to elaborate?

Same thing: If a person repents and accepts Jesus and lives a Christian life, their wealth makes no difference to God.

I said
Its real plain here. The guy was keeping the ten commandments but he wasn't following Jesus. Jesus told him to sell and give to the poor. And this part is very important " then come follow Me". He wasn't following Jesus He didn't have any treasures in heaven. Not even you can be so blind you cant see that.

[Mat 19:18-22
18 He said to Him, "Which ones?" Jesus said, "'You shall not murder,' 'You shall not commit adultery,' 'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not bear false witness,'
19 'Honor your father and [your] mother,' and, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' "
20 The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?"
21 Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I said
Its real plain here. The guy was keeping the ten commandments but he wasn't following Jesus. Jesus told him to sell and give to the poor. And this part is very important " then come follow Me". He wasn't following Jesus He didn't have any treasures in heaven. Not even you can be so blind you cant see that.

[Mat 19:18-22
18 He said to Him, "Which ones?" Jesus said, "'You shall not murder,' 'You shall not commit adultery,' 'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not bear false witness,'
19 'Honor your father and [your] mother,' and, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' "
20 The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?"
21 Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

That was spoken to that one person, thats all. There is nothing there that says God will treat a rich person different than a poor one. You are reading your personal opinion into the scripture.

This was a special situation in which Jesus called a rich young man to sell all he had to come be one of Jesus' disciples, perhaps an Apostle, like St. Paul.It was a singular test.

Generally the Church applies this verse to religious who do give up everything to enter their order. It's not usual for a lay person to do it, although some have. It's God's special calling.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That was spoken to that one person, thats all. There is nothing there that says God will treat a rich person different than a poor one. You are reading your personal opinion into the scripture.

This was a special situation in which Jesus called a rich young man to sell all he had to come be one of Jesus' disciples, perhaps an Apostle, like St. Paul.It was a singular test.

Generally the Church applies this verse to religious who do give up everything to enter their order. It's not usual for a lay person to do it, although some have. It's God's special calling.

I said
Peter disagrees with you.

[Act 10:34
34 Then Peter opened [his] mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: