Retroactive Death Penalty for Abortion?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Retroactive punishment for crimes is unjust, by definition.

But whether it is considered a crime or not in your jurisdiction, it is considered a sin by God. He'll deal with it justly, whether we do or not.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
So if a Christian has an abortion, what would the penalty be from God?
In the case of a Christian (i.e. an actual believer not someone who simply calls themselves a Christian), the just penalty for their sin has been imposed upon Christ.

Reactions: Lon

1PeaceMaker

But what if abortion is a crime and always has been? Only color of law would be rolled back. It was always murder; it was always a death penalty offense. Then what?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

But whether it is considered a crime or not in your jurisdiction, it is considered a sin by God. He'll deal with it justly, whether we do or not.

So Nazis shouldn't have been held accountable for their war crimes?

You do realize that there is no statute of limitations on murder, therefore there is nothing "retroactive" about trying murderers.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
But what if abortion is a crime and always has been? Only color of law would be rolled back. It was always murder; it was always a death penalty offense. Then what?

Well, if was always a death penalty offense then it wouldn't be retroactive.

The fact is, however, that it is not currently a death penalty offense, its not even a crime, at least not here in America.

As for what God thinks. God of course, considers it murder and all murderers will be dealt with justly on judgment day. Whether that means a person's crimes are paid for by the blood of Christ or by the damnation of their own soul, one way or the other, justice will be satisfied.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Their actions were criminal under international law and they were tried and convicted under those laws.

You do realize that there is no statute of limitations on murder, therefore there is nothing "retroactive" about trying murderers.

Don't be stupid.

It's just simple 3rd grade level common sense. Enforcing new laws, retroactively is fundamentally unjust - period. It makes no difference if the current law is itself unjust. Two wrongs do not make a right. Justice would demand that murdering unborn babies be criminalized and THEN you begin to enforce that law.
Rounding up and executing those who had legal abortions would only be more murders.

Don't worry. God is the Sovereign Judge of all the living and the dead. No one is getting away with anything. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God!

Resting in Him,
Clete

elohiym

The fact is, however, that it is not currently a death penalty offense, its not even a crime, at least not here in America.

I can understand why you believe that; I did once, too. However, after further study I came to a different conclusion. I'll share what I believe so you have another point of view to consider.

• First, any law repugnant to the Constitution is void, and void retroactively. See Marbury v. Madison.
  • Second, there is a legal maxim that ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking the law.
  • Third, state fetal homicide laws recognize the fetus as a person, giving the unborn Constitutional protection against murder. Either the state's fetal homicide law is void or the state's law allowing for abortion is void; it's legally impossible for both to be valid laws under the U.S. Constitution, even under Roe v. Wade since the Court was of the opinion that if a fetus is a person a woman has no right to abortion.

Based on those points, I conclude that abortion only operates under color of law and is murder. The law is void now. Ignorance is no excuse. And as someone already pointed out on this thread, there is no statute of limitations on murder.

What's your opinion in light of those points?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Their actions were criminal under international law and they were tried and convicted under those laws.

But Clete, those laws were brought into effect after many of the Nazi war crimes had already been committed (and I believe that would make them "retroactive").

On 20 April 1942, representatives from the nine countries occupied by Germany met in London to draft the "Inter-Allied Resolution on German War Crimes". At the meetings in Tehran (1943), Yalta (1945) and Potsdam (1945), the three major wartime powers, the United Kingdom, United States, and the Soviet Union, agreed on the format of punishment for those responsible for war crimes during World War II.[
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_trials

Holocaust Timeline
http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/holocaust/timeline.html

(But then maybe Clete is more impressed with an international court than a court of a sovereign nation?).

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Don't be stupid.

Be nice Clete or I'll say the name "Ayn Rand" and watch you start salivating.

It's just simple 3rd grade level common sense. Enforcing new laws, retroactively is fundamentally unjust - period. It makes no difference if the current law is itself unjust. Two wrongs do not make a right. Justice would demand that murdering unborn babies be criminalized and THEN you begin to enforce that law.
Rounding up and executing those who had legal abortions would only be more murders.

I'm not talking about scared young girls or women who found themselves in a situation and used the easiest way out of it to solve "the problem". I'm talking about cold blooded baby murderers at places like NARAL and Planned Parenthood (whose founder Margaret Sanger had ties to Nazi Germany).

Don't worry. God is the Sovereign Judge of all the living and the dead. No one is getting away with anything. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God!

You're talking like an anarchist Clete. At first you talked about the justification of a international court, and now you've done a turnaround saying that 'God will be the final judge'. If people commit heinous crimes while living on this earth and are allowed to go about their lives without being tried, and if convicted, punished, then those people are literally getting away with murder.

Lon

Interesting. When slavery was abolished, were slave owners marched to court? especially the brutal ones?

If we as a nation ever defeat abortion legislation, we'll have to give serious thought to past actions and if/how prosecution would work especially for abortion doctors and nurses. I would think we would do nothing retroactively at the time. :think:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Interesting. When slavery was abolished, were slave owners marched to court? especially the brutal ones?

If we as a nation ever defeat abortion legislation, we'll have to give serious thought to past actions and if/how prosecution would work especially for abortion doctors and nurses. I would think we would do nothing retroactively at the time. :think:

How about for those nurses and doctors that were doing unlawful practices (partial birth abortion) as well as lawful ones?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what the opening poster means. Murder is already illegal. We just don't punish for it. It isn't like the punishment is after the fact or changing the rules.