Religions. World Religions. Various Religions. The Truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I do not know what the different Christian Religions are. But I can think of some World Religions.

There is Judaism, Christianity, Islam. These are also called the Abrahamic Religions. There is Sikhism, Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Confucianism.

Is there one right or true religion?

I think of Judaism and Christianity. Judaism is mentioned in the Bible. Christians are also mentioned. If any religion is true it would be Christianity, though I am not Trinitarian (however I do believe that Jesus is God). Jesus is the only begotten Son of God; He is the unique Son of God. He is the Messiah (Mashiach) the Christ (God's Anointed). I am Jewish and Christian. Jesus, Yeshua, is my Lord and Savior.

Currently I am not obeying all of God's Commandments given to us, Israel, though I was born a Gentile and grew up a Christian. It is interesting to think about. Some of this is a lack of money. Also, we are in the new covenant now. God's law is written on minds and hearts.

One of the distinctive things about Christianity is worship of the one true God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth. The different ways that people live do exist, and if they are in line with what God wants of us then we are doing the right thing. This is why it is important to see out if there is one true religion, even as our action or activity, what we do, our deeds and works, our obedience, needs to be in line with What God wants and separate from the ways and pattern of the world meaning without false religion. True religion in the sight of our God and Father is to visit widows and orphans in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world. To be doing what God wants us to be doing. It is about the importance of people and living the way that God wants us to live. That is where sin comes in, which is disobedience, and transgression. We are not to live the way of the world that goes against God. We should live in obedience to God and to His Commandments.

What commandments should I be keeping, and am I of Israel having grown up a Gentile? Is this new covenant only for those who are of Israel?

Aimiel

Yes, orthodox Christianity.

Having said that, all religions have some truth, to one extent or another.
The Lord is the one who judges. We can see sawdust error in others but should use that ability to see our own planks. If you DO find a perfect church, don't join it: you'll ruin it. No one on this earth is perfect.

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
It is difficult to count something that is false as true.

Well, lets take Islam. The Koran talks about Abraham and Jesus and Mary, all real people, so there is SOME truth in there. While overall it is a false religion, it is fair to say that it has more truth than, say, Hinduism.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, lets take Islam. The Koran talks about Abraham and Jesus and Mary, all real people, so there is SOME truth in there. While overall it is a false religion, it is fair to say that it has more truth than, say, Hinduism.

There is only one God, and He reveals His name to us in the Torah.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Lord is the one who judges. We can see sawdust error in others but should use that ability to see our own planks. If you DO find a perfect church, don't join it: you'll ruin it. No one on this earth is perfect.

I would rather be an exclusivist than an inclusivist. At least I can think about what the truth is.

Aimiel

Why? Monkeys are real. Elephants are real. Just kidding, their 2,000 or 3,000 false gods are pure fiction. :chuckle:

Wolguar

Jesus was a man who went out and taught sinners and ate with Publicans. He was actively trying to build the church and wanted people to join it. Jesus will judge us in the end, but if you do find truth cling to it. He wants us to build our houses on rock not sand. Yes, we are all imperfect. Jesus healed the sick. He made people with imperfect eyes able to see. Saying Jesus isn't powerful enough to stop us from ruining the church does not jive with me. He set an example. We try and live by that example. I could care less, which church someone joins as long as they follow his example. I, of course, believe my church is true and living and has the only priesthood authority. I think Jesus wants us to be more hopeful. Heavenly Father loves you. That's why he atoned for everyone's sins. He wants us to grow strong and if finding the true church is how you grow the Lord will push you and give grace for grace until you have gone from grace to grace as Jesus did. At least that is what I believe.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

csuguy

I would rather be an exclusivist than an inclusivist. At least I can think about what the truth is.

Matthew 13:24-30 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 13:24-30 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

Shalom csuguy. Can you state why you have posted what you have?

csuguy

Shalom csuguy. Can you state why you have posted what you have?

Because you stated you would rather be exclusive rather than an inclusive - ie, you want to separate and exclude others based upon some evaluation of their beliefs. This isn't in the spirit of Christ, who welcomed everyone - and denounced the practice of getting rid of "bad" believers, the weeds. That isn't our role - and such thinking led to atrocities like the Inquisitions. Not that I think you are going that far by any means - but it's far better to be inclusive in so far as you yourself aren't compromising on what is good and right.

Aimiel

Yes, orthodox Christianity.

Having said that, all religions have some truth, to one extent or another.
Having 'some truth' isn't the same as Truth. The first lie had SOME truth in it. SOME truth is designed to hide the real Truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Because you stated you would rather be exclusive rather than an inclusive - ie, you want to separate and exclude others based upon some evaluation of their beliefs. This isn't in the spirit of Christ, who welcomed everyone - and denounced the practice of getting rid of "bad" believers, the weeds. That isn't our role - and such thinking led to atrocities like the Inquisitions. Not that I think you are going that far by any means - but it's far better to be inclusive in so far as you yourself aren't compromising on what is good and right.
I think that you have misunderstood. The exclusive exclusavist believes that he has the truth and doesn't care if others do not agree with him; he will maintain that he has the truth. The exclusavist believes that he has the truth. There may be a social aspect, but it is truth based. The truth, whether fact or statement of belief or opinion, divides... not the person. In other words, one can say that he has or believes that he has the truth and that he knows what it is. That a religion or Christianity or the religion of Christianity is true and or that no other belief or opinion is (true). In other words he believes that there is such a thing as truth and that he knows what it is.

Hawkins

The term God means God is a super being much more superior than humans in all aspects. Humans are super power to animals such dogs and birds. It's thus no point for humans to hide from encountering the much more inferior birds. God should actually show up to lead the much inferior humans directly.

So the first point is for the gods in the different religions to be true, those gods must provide a solid reason why they have to hide from the inferior humans.

The second point is, God (since He's hiding from us)to humans is as a result of human witnessing/testimonies. We thus need to examine into the validity of those witnessing/testimonies to tell which God is true in the different religions.

The third point is, how a truth shall convey among humans. Without humans own awareness, human witnessing is the most fundamental way of conveying a truth among humans. If so are there any gods explicitly specify to convey the truth by means of human witnessing (the most fundamental way but not known to humans in general)?

There are other points need to be taken into consideration, while the above three should be the most basic ones.

God is true because He does the same reasoning with us,

Isaiah 43:9 (NIV2011)
All the nations gather together and the peoples assemble. Which of their gods foretold this and proclaimed to us the former things? Let them bring in their witnesses to prove they were right, so that others may hear and say, “It is true.

God chooses to hide behind because humans will have to rely on faith to be saved, in accordance to the covenant granted.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The term God means God is a super being much more superior than humans in all aspects. Humans are super power to animals such dogs and birds. It's thus no point for humans to hide from encountering the much more inferior birds. God should actually show up to lead the much inferior humans directly.

So the first point is for the gods in the different religions to be true, those gods must provide a solid reason why they have to hide from the inferior humans.

The second point is, God (since He's hiding from us)to humans is as a result of human witnessing/testimonies. We thus need to examine into the validity of those witnessing/testimonies to tell which God is true in the different religions.

The third point is, how a truth shall convey among humans. Without humans own awareness, human witnessing is the most fundamental way of conveying a truth among humans. If so are there any gods explicitly specify to convey the truth by means of human witnessing (the most fundamental way but not known to humans in general)?

There are other points need to be taken into consideration, while the above three should be the most basic ones.

God is true because He does the same reasoning with us,

Isaiah 43:9 (NIV2011)
All the nations gather together and the peoples assemble. Which of their gods foretold this and proclaimed to us the former things? Let them bring in their witnesses to prove they were right, so that others may hear and say, “It is true.

God chooses to hide behind because humans will have to rely on faith to be saved, in accordance to the covenant granted.
Faith is required. But not in the way that you say. I encourage you to seek out the scriptures that you would have faith, in God and Jesus. There is no offence for you if you already have have faith.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think that you have misunderstood. The exclusive exclusavist believes that he has the truth and doesn't care if others do not agree with him; he will maintain that he has the truth. The exclusavist believes that he has the truth. There may be a social aspect, but it is truth based. The truth, whether fact or statement of belief or opinion, divides... not the person. In other words, one can say that he has or believes that he has the truth and that he knows what it is. That a religion or Christianity or the religion of Christianity is true and or that no other belief or opinion is (true). In other words he believes that there is such a thing as truth and that he knows what it is.
Worldviews. Is Christianity a worldview?