RELIGION: An indication of the Absence of Faith

Robert Pate

Banned
Religion is not an indication that one has faith, it is actually an indication of the absence of faith.

The early church did not have a religion, what they had was faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Paul taught against being justified by the works of the law, which is religion.

"For as many as are under the works of the law (Religion) are under the curse" Galatians 3:10.

"But that no man is justified by the law (Religion) in the sight of God, it is evident that "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Galatians 3:11.

Calvinist cannot live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. They cannot believe that Jesus is the savior of the world, 1 John 2:2, nor can they believe scriptures like John 3:16. They have faith, but it is misdirected faith. They have faith in a doctrine, but not in a person. Saving faith is always faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

Catholics cannot live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. They do not believe that Jesus saves to the "UTTERMOST" Hebrews 7:25. They want to participate in their salvation by the works of the law (Religion) Paul tells us that by, "The works of the law (religion) no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20.

Those that are living by faith in Christ and his Gospel are the ones that have entered into his rest, "For he that has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works (religion) as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10. We are resting in what Christ has accomplished in our name and on our behalf. We have been justified by Christ, Romans 3:26. Do you feel that you have to do something to be saved? If you feel that something is required of you, other than faith, you have not entered into his rest and are under the wrath of God.

"For we which have believed do enter into his rest,as he has said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall not enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world" Hebrews 4:3.

It was God's plan before the foundation of the world that Jesus would be the savior of the world, 1 John 4:14. God chose all of humanity in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 1:4. Salvation has been provided for all, Hebrews 2:9. The call now is to believe and have faith in Christ and his Gospel and enter into his rest.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Religion is not an indication that one has faith, it is actually an indication of the absence of faith.
Everyone's got religion. Having the spirit makes you a Christian (Ro 8:14).

“Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.” ~ Billy Sunday

Robert Pate

Banned
Everyone's got religion. Having the spirit makes you a Christian (Ro 8:14).

“Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.” ~ Billy Sunday

I believe that there are more unsaved people in the church than outside of the church.

beloved57

The early church did not have a religion, what they had was faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Paul taught against being justified by the works of the law, which is religion.

"For as many as are under the works of the law (Religion) are under the curse" Galatians 3:10.

"But that no man is justified by the law (Religion) in the sight of God, it is evident that "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Galatians 3:11.

Calvinist cannot live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. They cannot believe that Jesus is the savior of the world, 1 John 2:2, nor can they believe scriptures like John 3:16. They have faith, but it is misdirected faith. They have faith in a doctrine, but not in a person. Saving faith is always faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

Catholics cannot live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. They do not believe that Jesus saves to the "UTTERMOST" Hebrews 7:25. They want to participate in their salvation by the works of the law (Religion) Paul tells us that by, "The works of the law (religion) no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20.

Those that are living by faith in Christ and his Gospel are the ones that have entered into his rest, "For he that has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works (religion) as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10. We are resting in what Christ has accomplished in our name and on our behalf. We have been justified by Christ, Romans 3:26. Do you feel that you have to do something to be saved? If you feel that something is required of you, other than faith, you have not entered into his rest and are under the wrath of God.

"For we which have believed do enter into his rest,as he has said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall not enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world" Hebrews 4:3.

It was God's plan before the foundation of the world that Jesus would be the savior of the world, 1 John 4:14. God chose all of humanity in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 1:4. Salvation has been provided for all, Hebrews 2:9. The call now is to believe and have faith in Christ and his Gospel and enter into his rest.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins, so you don't believe that Christ death alone saved them He died for, that's unbelief not Faith.

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins, so you don't believe that Christ death alone saved them He died for, that's unbelief not Faith.

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

You are void of faith in Christ and his Gospel, instead you have faith in the words of a heretic.

beloved57

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

You are void of faith in Christ and his Gospel, instead you have faith in the words of a heretic.

You still deny that Christ death alone saved them He died for, that's unbelief not Faith!

Robert Pate

Banned
You still deny that Christ death alone saved them He died for, that's unbelief not Faith!

Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world. Listen to the words of the apostle John.

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD" 1 John 4:14.

You are the one that does not believe.

Robert Pate

Banned
religion is proof of a faith

If you have faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ you will not need religion.

Religion is about you who is trying to be good enough, The Gospel is about Jesus Christ who was good enough for you.

beloved57

Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world. Listen to the words of the apostle John.

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD" 1 John 4:14.

You are the one that does not believe.

You teach that those Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways, that's what a Saviour does, save sinners from sin. So you don't believe Christ is a Saviour at all.

Robert Pate

Banned
hmm yes i am!

All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners are "In Christ". God sees them as perfect and complete "In Christ".

However, we are not "In Christ" yet. We are still here on the earth in our Adamic bodies that are sinful.

This is wht Paul wrote, Romans 3:23.

Robert Pate

Banned
i have not. but i repented and believed in the lord christ who blotted my sin. thank god im no longer a sinner.

Do you keep all of the commandments of God's Holy Law?

God's law is also spiritual. It searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12.

Are all of your thoughts pure and without sin?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame