Receiving Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Savior

Robert Pate

Banned
It's a long post so I didn't read it all, but it seems like a good post.

It sounds like you disagree with Pate's contention that there is no written guidance for Christians.

If so, I agree.

Pate says Christians cannot sin since they are under no law.

You have the freedom to believe what you want to.

Sin is the transgression of God's Holy Law. Anything that is evil is against God's law and is sinful.

In the Gospel Jesus fulfills the law and then abolishes it, Ephesians 2:15. He did that for us so that we would not be under it or subject to it, Colossians 2:15.

Where there is no law there is no judgment. To be under the law is to be under condemnation.

Mr. Religion's post is long and confusing, just like his religion.

glorydaz

Jesus doesn't judge those who reject him law or not.

Your point is moot.

Really? :readthis:

2 Corinthians 5:9-11
Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Really? :readthis:

:readthis: "And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world." (John 12:47)

So what happens to those who don't believe. Pate says they're lost, but he didn't say for long.

Do you agree with Pate?

glorydaz

:readthis: "And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world." (John 12:47)

So what happens to those who don't believe. Pate says they're lost, but he didn't say for long.

Do you agree with Pate?

I'm talking about context. When you quote that one verse, which speaks of one particular thing, you ignore a hundred others that speak of something else.

Jesus was talking about His purpose for His coming....which was to die on the cross.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

John 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.​

All of Scripture speaks of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He tells us, Himself, that those who believe in Him will have eternal life and those who do not will be condemned. I certainly can't disagree with Pate on that.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He tells us, Himself, that those who believe in Him will have eternal life and those who do not will be condemned.

Condemned for how long?

Jesus judges believers when he needs to, but that is not ideal. He prefers we judge ourselves.

The saints will judge unbelievers on his behalf.

Robert Pate

Banned
Condemned for how long?

Jesus judges believers when he needs to, but that is not ideal. He prefers we judge ourselves.

They will be condemned to hell for all of eternity. Wake up. That was God's only begotten son dying on the cross for your sins. Do you think that you can ignore that?

glorydaz

Condemned for how long?

I can see you refused to believe the verses I gave you, and continue to trust in your own hopes.

You do understand that you only have this one lifetime in which to decide, don't you?

Heb. 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Heb. 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:​

Right, we cannot be judged until after we die.

What do you believe is the penalty for sin?

Did God tell Adam that if he sinned he would live forever?

glorydaz

Right, we cannot be judged until after we die.

What do you believe is the penalty for sin?

Did God tell Adam that if he sinned he would live forever?

The wages of sin is death.....but the gift of God is eternal life...through Jesus Christ our Lord.

It's pretty simple, isn't it? Why the need of speculation?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The wages of sin is death.....but the gift of God is eternal life...through Jesus Christ our Lord.

It's pretty simple, isn't it? Why the need of speculation?

For the next question. Does death free a person from their sins?

This is very simple, but seems to confuse many people.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because Paul told us.

Paul was not lawless.

He said, "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:2)

The Spirit's law freed him from a another law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So, you are going to trust in that? "It is appointed unto man to die and after that the judgement" Hebrews 9:27.

Everyone except Jesus has sinned. The penalty given for sin is death. Once the penalty is paid it's gone.

glorydaz

For the next question. Does death free a person from their sins?

This is very simple, but seems to confuse many people.

They die in their sins. That's why they must receive the gift of God which is eternal life (before they die in their sins).

glorydaz

Wrong.

"For he who has died has been freed from sin." (Romans 6:7)

This is an example of why it's important to know the difference between physical death, death to sin, and spiritual death. You just can't seem to get any of these verses to agree, can you? :chuckle: