Received because Given !

beloved57

You are such a hypocrite! How many hundreds of times have you failed to even respond at all to direct questions? You routinely ignore practically every word that is said to you!

As I said before, you don't know how to ask questions that aren't loaded. Why focus such a question on just one single sentence, as though Paul, the author of that sentence, would teach something different there than he does everywhere else? The reason why is because you don't care about understanding what the bible actually teaches but rather about how you can twist the scriptures to fit your pet doctrines.

People come to believe by hearing the word of God. That's how it happens. It isn't magic and it isn't by God blowing faith dust in their face. Its by God sending a preacher to declare His truth in their hearing....

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:​
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,​
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”​
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

And that portion of scripture come immediately after Paul said this...

Romans 10:9b “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Clete
Okay forget about it. You apparently cant answer the question.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The regenerate saints who God Loves are the ones who receive the word of God Deut 33:3

Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words.

Remember Jesus said of disciples , save judas of course Jn 17:8

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

Understand the words of Christ are spirit or spiritual Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life

But since His disciples were made Spiritual, they received His words, they were His Saints, and they received them because it was given them from heaven Jn 3:27 !
Not once single syllable of even the yanked out of context verses that b57 cited here say anything whatsoever about the flatly idiotic doctrine of Regeneration!

If you want to know how a cultist is able to pull the nut job wacko doctrines they teach out of the bible, all you have to do is read b57's posts! He uses the EXACT same sort of tactic, the same sort of twisted "logic", to turn any verse he reads into a pretext for his doctrine. That tactic being, in simple terms, coming to the text with a doctrine already in mind and then letting your imagination run wild making any connection that it wants to make between some verse and your doctrine. It's not a lot different than looking at a piece of partially burnt toast, seeing an image of Jesus on it and declaring it a miracle. The difference is only the medium, its the text of the bible instead of burnt bread, otherwise it's the same kind of thing happening inside the mind.

Clete