re: Trump and punching people in the face

musterion

re: Trump and punching people in the face

Let me see if I got this straight.

Trump says what many people think regarding professionally astroturfed protesters.

But when Cruz and others call him out for possibly inflaming what was already bound to happen (violent, bused-in lefties in pre-programmed Riot Mode), some Trumpberry Kool-Aid drinkers rally to the defense of their chosen King by taking shots at Cruz et al for allegedly stepping on Trump's free speech rights.

Such shallow thinking is to be expected. But here's where it gets weird...

When asked about Obama's free speech rights re: getting up in people's faces, punching back twice as hard, bringing guns to knife fights, the Trumpberries suddenly go quiet. If Trump had the 1A right to say what he said about doing violence to those who disagree...which is exactly what this amounts to...was Obama simply exercising the same right?

I've yet to see a Trump supporter answer that.

So, as with Obama worshipers, who gets blamed for pointing out the needless crudity of such comments? Not Trump. The Trump worshipers blame the people pointing out the needless crudity of such comments.

2008: YOU ARE EVIL IF YOU QUESTION OBAMA FOR ANY REASON.

2016: YOU ARE EVIL IF YOU QUESTION TRUMP FOR ANY REASON.

Both men have been elevated, by many, to the level of demigod and savior. To doubt or question either for any reason only reveals YOUR sin and invites attack.

Jeremiah 17:5

PureX

Well, obviously, Obama is always wrong, no matter what the issue is, while any republican, anywhere, ever, is always right, no matter what they say or how they behave. This is clearly the Prime Directive of today's republican party, and of those who support the republican party blindly, ignorantly, and absolutely, no matter what. Even to the point of electing a reality show goon to the office of president.

So I'm not sure why you're even asking the question … but then you weren't really asking a question, were you. You were just pointing out how wrong Obama is regardless of how badly Trump or his supporters behave.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well, obviously, Obama is always wrong, no matter what the issue is, while any republican, anywhere, ever, is always right, no matter what they say or how they behave. This is clearly the Prime Directive of today's republican party, and of those who support the republican party blindly, ignorantly, and absolutely, no matter what. Even to the point of electing a reality show goon to the office of president.

So I'm not sure why you're even asking the question … but then you weren't really asking a question, were you. You were just pointing out how wrong Obama is regardless of how badly Trump or his supporters behave.

you dint bother reading the op, did you?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, obviously, Obama is always wrong, no matter what the issue is, while any republican, anywhere, ever, is always right, no matter what they say or how they behave.

Aside from the GOP installed hack, chrysostom, nobody here has said this. You know this. We keep going over the same thing over and over. My support here resumes when the trash is taken out, or correctly identified like the alleged site commandments.

musterion

Cruz said wrongly, and he knows it was wrong, that the violent protestors are violent in reaction to something Trump said.

We'll need to disagree with respect. Cruz specifically did not blame Trump for the violence. He blamed the leftists. But he did blame the tone of Trump's campaign for making the situation worse.

We need to learn to have disagreements without being disagreeable. To have disagreements while respecting human beings on the other side. Earlier today over thirty people were arrested at one rally. And then tonight, as violence broke out, the rally was canceled all together. Now, the responsibility for that lies with protesters who took violence into their own hands. But in any campaign responsibility starts at the top. Any candidate who is responsible for the culture of the campaign. And when you have a campaign that disrespects the voters, when you have a campaign that affirmatively encourages violence, when you have a campaign that is facing allegations of physical violence against members of the press, you create an environment that only encourages this sort of nasty discourse.

Kasich did blame Trump for the riots:

In a statement that Gov. John Kasich's campaign released Friday night, Kasich said "the seeds of division that Donald Trump has been sowing this whole campaign has finally bore fruit, and it was ugly."

Saying stuff like this,

"Knock the crap out of him, would you? Seriously, OK, just knock the hell — I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise."

can only make a bad situation worse. Cruz is dead on for pointing that out.

But hey...if Trump is going to play this by the rules Obama set up, fine. He just needs to come out and say it so no one misunderstands what he's doing.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
People are responsible for their own behavior, but Trump feeds the mob mentality by his remarks on a microphone, he basically incites violence. He plays on the emotion and spectacle of it like a playground scuffle, goading his supporters to step it up. We all heard Trump's commentary at different protesters

Last edited:

musterion

During 2012, someone said about leftist protesters, something to the effect of "We are not like them." Maybe Palin, can't recall. Whoever it was, Trump clearly is using Obama's game plan.

Are we like them?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People are responsible for their own behavior, but Trump feeds the mob mentality by his remarks on a microphone, he basically incites violence. He plays on the emotion and spectacle of it like a playground scuffle, goading his supporters to step it up. We all heard Trump's commentary at different protesters

As much as I dislike Trump, he is in no way responsible for anyone committing acts of violence. I refuse to buy into the *inciting violence* argument.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
As much as I dislike Trump, he is in no way responsible for anyone committing acts of violence. I refuse to buy into the *inciting violence* argument.
Trump is good at controlling a crowd, I hear what he says to egg them on - "In the good old days they go out on a stretcher" - "I'd like to punch him in the face" - :If anyone sees a protester, knock the hell out of him" - "I'll pay the legal fees" - All done on the microphone during protests. IMO, that is inciting a riot.