Rand Paul is speaking my language.. except for..

republicanchick

Rand Paul said something to FOX the other day that bothered me (didn't make me go into an inner apoplectic rant or anything.. but bothered me)

he said the worst problem we have is the Debt..

Well, then he explained and it makes perfect sense: you can't help other countries when you are bankrupt.

Even so... I say radical Islam is the biggest threat.. After all, can't the US just print out money when it wants ..anyway?

hmmmm... don't know

anyway, then he started speaking my language..

he said he would DROP certain gov agencies... presumably the EPA?
IRS?

I don't think the other candidates are talking about doing that..

They should

eh?

+

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
What Libertarian Ron Paul Jr. needs to understand is that a country must first deal with its moral bankruptcy before worrying about their economy.

Take care of the first and the other will take care of itself.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Rand Paul said something to FOX the other day that bothered me (didn't make me go into an inner apoplectic rant or anything.. but bothered me)

he said the worst problem we have is the Debt..

Well, then he explained and it makes perfect sense: you can't help other countries when you are bankrupt.

Even so... I say radical Islam is the biggest threat.. After all, can't the US just print out money when it wants ..anyway?

They kind of do. But it's all debt. I wish they'd print debt free money.

hmmmm... don't know

anyway, then he started speaking my language..

he said he would DROP certain gov agencies... presumably the EPA?
IRS?

I don't think the other candidates are talking about doing that..

They should

eh?
Didn't Rick Perry talk about cutting agencies in a debate last Presidential campaign and then forget which ones he'd cut? :chuckle:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Didn't Rick Perry talk about cutting agencies in a debate last Presidential campaign and then forget which ones he'd cut? :chuckle:

Yes. He was not speaking from the heart. Like Obama, he should have used a teleprompter. Since all of Obama's moves by his handlers are fully scripted.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yes. He was not speaking from the heart. Like Obama, he should have used a teleprompter. Since all of Obama's moves by his handlers are fully scripted.

Candidates that speak from the heart don't get elected.

republicanchick

They kind of do. But it's all debt. I wish they'd print debt free money.

does it matter?

I mean, you know... we should cut just about all of them...

+++

republicanchick

makes NO sense

just b/c something is read from a teleprompter does NOT mean it is not sincere.. People DO program the teleprompters..

republicanchick

It shouldn't, really. But it was funny and didn't make him look good. Perry hurt himself in those debates.

:plain:

he only hurt himself b/c people expect politicians to be God and know just everything

good luck w/ that one...

Who was it who said that the most immoral of all are those who make an exception of themselves?

meaning: why do u expect politicians to be virtual saints... or, heck, virtually GOD even, yet you are not that yourself?

__

republicanchick

How about we settle for politicians that believe in God for a start? If Rand Paul does, I'm not seeing it in his words and actions.

well, I am willing (@ least at this time... until further knowledge comes to me.. or enlightenment or what have u) to concede that

it is possible a person who is not "into Jesus as much as he should be"

could run this country better than someone who is...

I am willing to say that that is quite possible.

Reagan was not a devout Catholic (his father was Catholic, but probably not devout...)

But I am satisfied w/ the way he ran the country, for the most part...

+

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
well, I am willing (@ least at this time... until further knowledge comes to me.. or enlightenment or what have u) to concede that

it is possible a person who is not "into Jesus as much as he should be"

A politician can acknowledge that the rule of law comes from God without being "into Jesus as much as he should be."

Reagan was not a devout Catholic (his father was Catholic, but probably not devout...)

But I am satisfied w/ the way he ran the country, for the most part...

+

You don't want to hear the real truth about the supposed conservative Saint Ronald Reagan (who had quite a streak of Libertarianism in him).

republicanchick

A politician can acknowledge that the rule of law comes from God without being "into Jesus as much as he should be."

You don't want to hear the real truth about the supposed conservative Saint Ronald Reagan (who had quite a streak of Libertarianism in him).

I have read numerous books on Reagan.

nice try

some @ this site who claim to be Rs are really just slightly right of... say, Clinton

++

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have read numerous books on Reagan.

nice try..

So then you're familiar with Reagan's stance on abortion when he was Governor of CA and was responsible was passing legislation that opened the door to Roe v Wade.

But wait, there's more!

So then you're familiar with Reagan being against the Brigg's Initiative while Governor of CA which pretty much opened the door to the modern day gay rights movement.

Some conservative that Ronald Reagan was.

republicanchick

So then you're familiar with Reagan's stance on abortion when he was Governor of CA and was responsible was passing legislation that opened the door to Roe v Wade.

But wait, there's more!

So then you're familiar with Reagan being against the Brigg's Initiative while Governor of CA which pretty much opened the door to the modern day gay rights movement.

Some conservative that Ronald Reagan was.

Reagan repented on abortion

too bad you never seem 2 repent of anything