Racist Democratic Party

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It impacts who gets charged, who gets convicted, and who does how much time.

how?

those who are charged are charged by prosecutors - are you claiming that they are disproportionally racist against blacks?

those who convict are judges and juries - are you claiming that they are disproportionally racist against blacks?

those who determine sentences are judges - are you claiming that they are disproportionally racist against blacks?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I mean that the people in government, the lawmakers, and the courts, have a moral, and possibly legal responsibility to make the system fair.
Of course the system should be fair and there could be needed changes. However, it's a disservice (I think) to the black community to put it all on the other side.

I'm not advocating flouting the law, but it's hard to tell people that they should obey a law and a system that's systematically unfair to them.
It shouldn't be hard to tell someone to obey the law for its own sake. But if it is hard then frame disobedience as being self-defeating. I can't find a single win for them in fighting against the system (if fighting means breaking laws, resorting to violence, etc). I can understand the idea that some simply feel hopeless, helpless, and so they end up becoming what they think society thinks of them, and society needs do what it can to change that but wiping out personal responsibility in favor of a victim complex isn't the answer.

And the reality as it's been expressed to me is that black parents have had to try to teach their children that they have to be extra cautious because they won't get a fair shot if they fall under suspicion.
Yes I've heard that too.