Public School Contradiction

Adam

Hall of Fame
My mother-in-law is a public school teacher in Littleton, CO. Yesterday, she and my father-in-law came for a visit. We were bracing for 'another lecture' on why our children should be in public school (we homeschool ours).

She went on to mention a reading program that she leads at her school. It is a more focused program than the classroom setting, and she mentioned that she has 10 children in this semester's program. Then she exclaimed "It's too many children for the program at one time. They can't get personal instruction from me." This coming from a lady who constantly says that in school, children do get personal attention from professionals.

...just more evidence from the public school crowd, eh????

swanca99

We started homeschooling in 1986 (they are all in college now). Most of the opposition we encountered was equally as irrational.

Free-Agent Smith

truthman said:
My mother-in-law is a public school teacher in Littleton, CO. Yesterday, she and my father-in-law came for a visit. We were bracing for 'another lecture' on why our children should be in public school (we homeschool ours).

She went on to mention a reading program that she leads at her school. It is a more focused program than the classroom setting, and she mentioned that she has 10 children in this semester's program. Then she exclaimed "It's too many children for the program at one time. They can't get personal instruction from me." This coming from a lady who constantly says that in school, children do get personal attention from professionals.

...just more evidence from the public school crowd, eh????
If ten is too much then what happens to the regular classes with 15 to 30 students?