Proof that a OSAS person lost their salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epoisses

They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. Luke 8:13

Jesus says point blank that believers can and do fall away. Case closed.

dodge

They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. Luke 8:13

You never made a scriptural case !

Jhn 10:26
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Jhn 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Jhn 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Jhn 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

KingdomRose

Of course a person can be accepted by God (even to rule in heaven) and yet fall away---lose their salvation. There are many references to such an occurrence. In Hebrews there are mentioned those who had the Holy Spirit and had tasted of the powers of the age to come, and yet had returned to the old world, away from the calling that was once theirs. They had once been "saved."

"For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put him to open shame." (Hebrews 6:4-6, NASB)

There are many other verses also that show this.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The problem is, the book of John was written to the Hebrews and not to the Gentiles. No member of the Body of Christ can possibly loose their Salvation. (Eternal life)

Too bad you haven't read Paul's letter to the congregation in Rome.

Paul said, "And if some of the branches were broken off and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree..." (Romans 11:17)

The Root of the olive tree is Christ who brought Israel out of Egypt.

Epoisses

You never made a scriptural case !

Jhn 10:26
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Jhn 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Jhn 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Jhn 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Jesus said believers fall away. There is no such thing as OSAS. He that is faithful until death will receive a crown of life.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
How many more anti-Calvinist-Tulip-Reformed threads are there going to be until you all realize you're wrong :think:

It's an unhealthy obsession, you know- punching a brick wall that will not budge :chuckle:

Epoisses

How many of these anti-Calvinist-Tulip-Reformed threads are there going to be until you all realize you're wrong :think:

It's an unhealthy obsession, you know- punching a brick wall that will not budge :chuckle:

You're a deluded brain-damaged suck up of heretical sewage.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Calvinism is not Orthodox.

The early Christians were Calvinistic, you all tried to write it off as Stoicism and ran off with your heresies. This is despite the fact that half your belief hinges on St. Augustine, who was a Stoic and very Calvinistic in his theology.

Call yourself anything- but leave 'orthodox' out of it :rolleyes:

glorydaz

Jail house conversions. Those aren't believers. It's this kind of nonsense that people build their "loss of salvation" doctrine on. Sad.

glorydaz

Of course a person can be accepted by God (even to rule in heaven) and yet fall away---lose their salvation. There are many references to such an occurrence. In Hebrews there are mentioned those who had the Holy Spirit and had tasted of the powers of the age to come, and yet had returned to the old world, away from the calling that was once theirs. They had once been "saved."

"For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put him to open shame." (Hebrews 6:4-6, NASB)

There are many other verses also that show this.

The Jews in the wilderness drank from the rock and ate manna from heaven....didn't mean they had received salvation and eternal life.

Status
Not open for further replies.