Problems With A Non Binary ID

WeberHome

-
H.sapiens is a binary species consisting of two distinct genders: male and female.

Non binary people see themselves as having no distinct gender-- apparently regardless of their physical construction --and refer to themselves with neuter pronouns, for example: it, its, they, them, and their.

Seeing as how non binary people are essentially non h.sapiens (i.e. non human) then why not take it to the next level and allow people to declare themselves Martians on their driver's licenses; or perhaps amoeba? But hey; in the final analysis, doesn't a non gender driver's license constitute a falsified ID?

I feel pity for people with a non binary mental condition, just as I feel pity for autism, schizophrenia, LGBT, mental retardation, insanity, and post traumatic stress syndrome; but there is no just no way on God's green earth that I will ever be sympathetic with the non binary "cause" any more than I am sympathetic with communism, tyranny, despotism, anarchy, and/or religious beliefs and practices wherein children die on account of their parents relying upon prayer and anointing oil to remedy their children's treatable ailments in lieu of competent medical attention.

"So God created man in His own image; non binary created He them." (Gen 1:27)

Really?

If it walks like a duck, if it has feathers like a duck, if it quacks like a duck; and especially if it looks like a duck; then guess what? The bird in question is a duck regardless of whether the poor thing sincerely believes itself an ostrich, or a turkey, or the queen of England.

There's a term for people who believe themselves to be someone and/or something other than what and/or who they really are. I think it might be called Dissociative Disorder. There was a time when society confined people with those kinds of conditions to psychiatric facilities for observation and therapy, but nowadays political correctness requires that they be "included". But God-honoring Christian churches dare not accept into their membership someone known to be non binary.

Heb 12:15 . . See to it that no one misses the grace of God, and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

A bitter root is one belonging to a species unfit for human consumption. When you find noxious vegetation sprouting in your garden, you've got to get out there with a hoe and dig that stuff up before it spreads out of control.

/

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Could you help me out here. Have you got a point or are you just venting frustration at something. I read it and still don't understand it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
-
H.sapiens is a binary species consisting of two distinct genders: male and female.

Non binary people see themselves as having no distinct gender-- apparently regardless of their physical construction --and refer to themselves with neuter pronouns, for example: it, its, they, them, and their.

Seeing as how non binary people are essentially non h.sapiens (i.e. non human) then why not take it to the next level and allow people to declare themselves Martians on their driver's licenses; or perhaps amoeba? But hey; in the final analysis, doesn't a non gender driver's license constitute a falsified ID?

I feel pity for people with a non binary mental condition, just as I feel pity for autism, schizophrenia, LGBT, mental retardation, insanity, and post traumatic stress syndrome; but there is no just no way on God's green earth that I will ever be sympathetic with the non binary "cause" any more than I am sympathetic with communism, tyranny, despotism, anarchy, and/or religious beliefs and practices wherein children die on account of their parents relying upon prayer and anointing oil to remedy their children's treatable ailments in lieu of competent medical attention.

Really?

If it walks like a duck, if it has feathers like a duck, if it quacks like a duck; and especially if it looks like a duck; then guess what? The bird in question is a duck regardless of whether the poor thing sincerely believes itself an ostrich, or a turkey, or the queen of England.

There's a term for people who believe themselves to be someone and/or something other than what and/or who they really are. I think it might be called Dissociative Disorder. There was a time when society confined people with those kinds of conditions to psychiatric facilities for observation and therapy, but nowadays political correctness requires that they be "included". But God-honoring Christian churches dare not accept into their membership someone known to be non binary.

Heb 12:15 . . See to it that no one misses the grace of God, and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

A bitter root is one belonging to a species unfit for human consumption. When you find noxious vegetation sprouting in your garden, you've got to get out there with a hoe and dig that stuff up before it spreads out of control.

/
I heard about that. A state now offers different gender and non-gender designations on their driver's licenses. A couple in Canada I think, wants their baby to have no gender on "it's" birth certificate. Crazy

gcthomas

I heard about that. A state now offers different gender and non-gender designations on their driver's licenses. A couple in Canada I think, wants their baby to have no gender on "it's" birth certificate. Crazy

Why should a government even care what gender a person uses? Is it any of the state's business to control and regulate someone's gender designation?

gcthomas

I guess it's just another one of those strange things that dates back to the beginning of time. We were created male and female. How silly to designate that on I.D.'s and passports and such, right?

What benefit is there to having it on the passport? There is a photo, and perhaps some biometrics. Why do the immigration officials or other gov't employees need to know which genitals I have? Why do they care, and what business is it of theirs? There is no record of my ethnic origin on the government records, no mention of genetic disease predispositions, all sorts of details are absent, so why specifically is biological sex required?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What benefit is there to having it on the passport? There is a photo, and perhaps some biometrics. Why do the immigration officials or other gov't employees need to know which genitals I have? Why do they care, and what business is it of theirs? There is no record of my ethnic origin on the government records, no mention of genetic disease predispositions, all sorts of details are absent, so why specifically is biological sex required?
I don't know know why but humans have been keeping track of populations including genders. I assume the census in the Bible recorded genders as well. Are you disputing that there are only two genders or just the government designating and recording it?

gcthomas

I don't know know why but humans have been keeping track of populations including genders. I assume the census in the Bible recorded genders as well. Are you disputing that there are only two genders or just the government designating and recording it?

There are certainly two main biological sexes, but there are also intersex individuals, who are perhaps sensitive about having that fact on documentation due to the negative social attitudes prevailing. Gender, now that is a different beast, and it implies roles within social structures, and in the modern world a lot of people find them stifling and an opportunity for imposing social values on them. India has had the hijra gender for a long time, and historical happenstance is not a good reason to continue to impose social structures on those that don't want them.

I can't think of a valid reason to require it, and in fact the UK census bureau has just decided to not asking for gender in the next census. They obviously think it has no relevance to anything.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There are certainly two main biological sexes, but there are also intersex individuals, who are perhaps sensitive about having that fact on documentation due to the negative social attitudes prevailing. Gender, now that is a different beast, and it implies roles within social structures, and in the modern world a lot of people find them stifling and an opportunity for imposing social values on them. India has had the hijra gender for a long time, and historical happenstance is not a good reason to continue to impose social structures on those that don't want them.

I can't think of a valid reason to require it, and in fact the UK census bureau has just decided to not asking for gender in the next census. They obviously think it has no relevance to anything.
I agree in a sense, personally I don't need to know a person's gender when I meet them, it usually speaks for itself. Realistically, I suppose cops and government officials don't need to know either as we can usually identify it by sight. Very rarely do we have to see an ID to know.

It doesn't really matter to me what somebody else says they are or thinks they are until they start imposing their ideas on others. We now live in a world where numbers, statistics and information are available with a keystroke, so the populations including genders will always be a part of that. It's also another example of a fallen world where people want to be and do whatever they imagine themselves to be.

gcthomas

You are quite right.
It's also another example of a fallen world where people want to be and do whatever they imagine themselves to be.
Except on this: to be freed from the yoke of others restrictive expectations is a liberation. It is society climbing to greater heights not a descent from some idealised past.

WeberHome

Re: Problems With A Non Binary ID

-
I've no reservations whatsoever that humanity's creator regards non gender people as freaks of nature; in other words: non gender people are not of His making because His making was two genders; male and female.

God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created He them. (Gen 1:27)

Have ye not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female? (Matt 19:4)

If people claiming themselves genderless can't agree with humanity's creator on something as elementary as their gender designations as per Gen 1:27 and Matt 19:4, then I have to assume that the non genders disagree with Him on many other issues far more important than that.

/

Last edited:

WeberHome

-
Rev 14:6-7 . . And I saw another angel flying through the sky, carrying the everlasting gospel to preach to the people who dwell on the earth-- to every nation, tribe, language, and people. Fear God! he shouted. Give glory to Him! For the time has come when He will sit as judge. Worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all the springs of water!

The everlasting gospel is very elementary. Pretty much all it says is:

1• There is a supreme being.

2• He deserves respect.

3• There's a frightful reckoning looming on the horizon, and

4• The cosmos-- all of its forms of life, matter, and energy --is the product of intelligent design.

/

Wick Stick

01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01111001 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00101110

gcthomas

01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01111001 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00101110

42 75 74 20 61 20 6c 6f 74 20 6f 66 20 70 65 6f 70 6c 65 20 61 72 65 6e 27 74 !

Stuu

-

Really?

/
More reasons not to be a christian.

Stuart

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

/[/size][/font]

Be careful what you wish for.

WeberHome

-
Hebrews 12:15 doesn't apply to the world at large. It only applies to the official membership roles of a Christian congregation, i.e. non binary folk can come to church on Sunday and listen to the choir and the pastor's sermon as visitors if they like; no harm in that.

/

Wick Stick

42 75 74 20 61 20 6c 6f 74 20 6f 66 20 70 65 6f 70 6c 65 20 61 72 65 6e 27 74 !
Burn the hexadecimal!!!

I mean...

01100010 01110101 01110010 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101000 01100101 01111000 01100001 01100100 01100101 01100011 01101001 01101101 01100001 01101100 00100001

:thumb:

glorydaz

Why should a government even care what gender a person uses? Is it any of the state's business to control and regulate someone's gender designation?

Well, if an "it" gets arrested, who will do the strip search, and which cell block should the "it" be placed in?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

medical reasons for one