Presidential Candidates and the Word of God

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Ted Cruz
The Texas senator and Tea Party favourite was the first to throw his hat into the ring on March 23. A committed Southern Baptist, Cruz has been outspoken about religious freedom, both at home and abroad, and has taken a strong stance against same-sex marriage. He is currently seeking to introduce legislation to protect each state's right to make its own decision on the issue.

"At the end of the day, faith is not organized religion; it's not going to a church. It is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour."

Donald Trump
He said he used to attend First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica, Queens, and now goes to church "as much as I can. Always on Christmas. Always on Easter. Always when there's a major occasion. And during the Sundays. I'm a Sunday church person."

Trump is a Presbyterian "and proud of it", despite numerous reports that he is Catholic or a member of the Dutch Reformed Church. In a 2011 interview with CBN's The Brody File when he was considering making a 2012 presidential bid, he said: "I believe in God. I am Christian. I think the Bible is certainly, it is THE book. It is the thing."

John Kasich
Kasich was raised in a Roman Catholic home and fell away from faith as an adult, but returned and converted to Anglicanism after personal tragedy made him question the existence of God. Together with his wife, Karen, he now worships at St Augustine's Anglican Church,
"Before that it was kind of like following the rules, but just because that's the right thing to do, this is saying I have just...said I am going to trust in you, Christ, to tell me where to go and to the best of my ability I'm going to obey where you lead me. And that has made all the difference in the world to me. Through good times and bad." Consequently, he believes God told him who he should marry and when he should run for governor. in Westerville, Ohio.

Hillary Clinton
She grew up in the Methodist Church, admits to praying regularly and reading and studying the Bible, and used to teach Sunday school. She often attends Foundry United Methodist Church in Washington and says her faith spurred into wanting to take an active role in the world.
In a 2007 interview with the New York Times she described her faith as being like "background music"

"Hillary Clinton supports marriage equality and hopes the Supreme Court will come down on the side of same-sex couples being guaranteed that constitutional right."

Bernie Sanders
Sanders is Jewish by birth but says he is not now involved in organised religion.

Think about it, and rate how each candidate adheres to the Word of God. Why do you assume so?

Further reading

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I would give Ted Cruz an A
Donald Trump a D, same with Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders, an F, but he does not lie about it.