Praise the Lord III

Cross Reference

I just did a little study on "bread."

Jesus - the Bread of Heaven, the bread of Life.

Bethlehem - House of Bread.

Jesus laid in a manger, a "container" for many to eat out of.

Jesus said, "if you do not eat my body and drink my blood you have no part in me." And the beloved disciple said "many turned away from Him because this saying was too hard for them."

WE take of this Bread and bless Him and give Him to others.

Thank you, Psalmist, for the encouragement!

:)

Ditto __ Amen!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just did a little study on "bread."

Jesus - the Bread of Heaven, the bread of Life.

Bethlehem - House of Bread.

Jesus laid in a manger, a "container" for many to eat out of.

Jesus said, "if you do not eat my body and drink my blood you have no part in me." And the beloved disciple said "many turned away from Him because this saying was too hard for them."

WE take of this Bread and bless Him and give Him to others.

Thank you, Psalmist, for the encouragement!

Well done.

Lord we ask that You will...

Feed us at the Table of Grace the Bread of Mercy, as You had feed the Israelites of manna from heaven.

Something like that.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:BRAVO:

Praise the Lord!

But You are the same, and Your years will have no end.
Psalm 102:27

:poly:

God of the Changing Year

God of the changing year, whose arm of power
In safety leads through danger’s darkest hour,
Here in Thy temple bow Thy children down,
To bless Thy mercy and Thy might to own.

Thine are the beams that cheer us on our way,
And pour around the gladdening light of day;
Thine is the night, and the fair orbs that shine
To cheer its hours of darkness; all are Thine.

If round our path the thorns of sorrow grew,
And mortal friends were faithless, Thou wast true;
Did sickness shake the frame, or anguish tear
The wounded spirit, Thou was present there.

O lend Thine ear, and lift our voice to Thee;
Where’er we dwell, still let Thy mercy be;
From year to year still nearer to Thy shrine
Draw our frail hearts, and make them wholly Thine.

Praise the Lord! Amen! and Amen!

Blessings, peace, grace and to all here at TOL!

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:BRAVO:

Praise the Lord!

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me ALL the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Psalm 23:6

The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.

Psalm 121:8

You crown the year with Your goodness.
Psalm 65:11

:poly:

New Year 2016

New Year’s Hymn

Join your voices, rejoicing voices, new Year hymns again to sing;
For our new and many mercies, Lord, our heartfelt praise we bring.
Summer flowers have bloomed and faded, summer hours have come and fled;
By Thy care we still are aided, by Thy hand we still are fed.

Thou hast kept us, God of glory, since the last New Year began;
Still proclaiming the sweet story, of Thy wondrous love to man.
Shall we longer keep Him waiting, who for us hath waited long?
He to whom both soul and body, heart and life, and all belong?

From this moment, Holy Jesus, may our hearts be wholly Thine!
Then we’ll sing that best of praises, “I am His, and He is mine.”
Jesus! by Thy blood and Spirit, may we all Thy children be,
Then in Thee we shall inherit happiness eternally.

Lord of glory! we adore Thee now before Thee in another year;
May Thy heav’nly love abiding, be on every believer here.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Numbers 6:24-26

Praise the Lord! Amen! and Amen!

Blessings, peace, grace and to all here at TOL!

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do we in our daily living forget sometimes that God still provides. God wants us to depend on Him completely. God still answers prayer. Like others we face obstacles in our journey of faith. And yet, in George Muller's words, "May The Lord grant that these afflictions may not be lost upon us, but draw us closer to the God of comfort."

Reading that again..."May Lord grant that these afflictions may not be lost upon us." No, I believe they are not wasted, we read here in 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."

What about Affliction -- "For He does not afflict willingly..." Lamentations 3:33

He allows the affliction, Psalm 119:49-50 "Remember the word to Your servant, upon which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life."

Psalm 119:71 "It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes."

Nobody likes affliction, short term or life long, some say the learn to live with it. Long term or lifetime it seems they don't know anything else and sometimes ask "Why me" or "That's life" -- Let 1 Corinthians 1:3-4 be your traveling companions, affliction or not they'll be great to have handy. Bless you my dear friend, do travel in the comfort of Jesus.

Last edited:

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jeremiah 31:26
"After this I awoke and looked around, and my sleep was sweet to me."

There is a part of the day that it is soft, just before sunrise when the first rays of the sun begin to break the eastern horizon, and at sunset when the edge of the sun is slowly fading from view.

The soft place in sunrise and sunset is lack a very quiet neutral moment much like the slack tide, that momentary quiet moment of that that is not troubled or interrupted for a few moments.

I think we'd all like a place like that, that soft place to to get away to, that soft place to land, that soft place of quiet seclusion. -- We all have one if we'll take the time to find it, it may be sunrise and sunset or maybe not? You know the right time to be found in your soft place. Soft place with Jesus, did you ever think of that, a place where you wait quietly and have the beginning or ending of the day with Jesus. What a place, a place to be reading the Scriptures and talking (praying) with Jesus, what blessed and sweet communion is taking place.

"The soft place, the slack tide, the quiet place, "Heavenly Father you have made such wonderful provisions for us to commune with You, let us rejoice and praise You with glad hearts and bring glory to You all the day long. In Jesus name, Amen."

Bless you my dearest friend on this glorious Friday that has a soft place to be or in some cases, a soft place to land.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

There is a part of the day that it is soft, just before sunrise when the first rays of the sun begin to break the eastern horizon, and at sunset when the edge of the sun is slowly fading from view.

The soft place in sunrise and sunset is lack a very quiet neutral moment much like the slack tide, that momentary quiet moment of that that is not troubled or interrupted for a few moments.

I think we'd all like a place like that, that soft place to to get away to, that soft place to land, that soft place of quiet seclusion. -- We all have one if we'll take the time to find it, it may be sunrise and sunset or maybe not? You know the right time to be found in your soft place. Soft place with Jesus, did you ever think of that, a place where you wait quietly and have the beginning or ending of the day with Jesus. What a place, a place to be reading the Scriptures and talking (praying) with Jesus, what blessed and sweet communion is taking place.

"The soft place, the slack tide, the quiet place, "Heavenly Father you have made such wonderful provisions for us to commune with You, let us rejoice and praise You with glad hearts and bring glory to You all the day long. In Jesus name, Amen."

Bless you my dearest friend on this glorious Friday that has a soft place to be or in some cases, a soft place to land.

Beautiful and wonderful post

OCTOBER23

FEAR THE LORD

JUDGEMENT IS COMING SOON.

Eze 31:16 I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.

Eze 38:20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

Joe 3:16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Hag 2:6 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;

theophilus

Psalm 28

6 Blessed be the Lord,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplication.

7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
And with my song I shall thank Him.

8 The Lord is their strength,
And He is a saving defense to His anointed.

9 Save Your people and bless Your inheritance;
Be their shepherd also, and carry them forever.

Amen!

theophilus

I live in one of those places...the only sound that breaks the silence is the wild turkeys going through the backyard in the pre-dawn.

And every day is a gift; time we are to use wisely for the glory of God.

I love you and hope you have a wondrous day in Him!

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
FEAR THE LORD

JUDGEMENT IS COMING SOON.

Eze 31:16 I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.

Eze 38:20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

Joe 3:16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Hag 2:6 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;

What a kind and loving place you have provided for a soft place to fall, a place for weary and tired Christian's to be for a respite from the travel to the Celestial City.

OCTOBER23

WE WILL RULE THE STARS FOREVER THROUGHOUT ETERNITY.

YOU CAN REST ASSURED OF THAT PROMISE FROM GOD .

Lu 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Ephes 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Ephes 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Ga 3:29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed,
and heirs according to the promise.

Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made
heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Ro 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;
if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
WE WILL RULE THE STARS FOREVER THROUGHOUT ETERNITY.

YOU CAN REST ASSURED OF THAT PROMISE FROM GOD .

Lu 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Ephes 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Ephes 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Ga 3:29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed,
and heirs according to the promise.

Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made
heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Ro 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;
if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
That's comfort and hope, but where is the Psalm?

Find the Psalm.

theophilus

And Can It Be?

And Can It Be?

And can it be that I should gain
an interest in the Savior's blood!
Died he for me? who caused his pain!
For me? who him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be
that thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
Amazing love! How can it be
that thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

'Tis mystery all: th' Immortal dies!
Who can explore his strange design?
In vain the firstborn seraph tries
to sound the depths of love divine.
'Tis mercy all! Let earth adore;
let angel minds inquire no more.
'Tis mercy all! Let earth adore;
let angel minds inquire no more.

He left his Father's throne above
(so free, so infinite his grace!),
emptied himself of all but love,
and bled for Adam's helpless race.
'Tis mercy all, immense and free,
for O my God, it found out me!
'Tis mercy all, immense and free,
for O my God, it found out me!

Long my imprisoned spirit lay,
fast bound in sin and nature's night;
thine eye diffused a quickening ray;
I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
my chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed thee.
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed thee.

No condemnation now I dread;
Jesus, and all in him, is mine;
alive in him, my living Head,
and clothed in righteousness divine,
bold I approach th' eternal throne,
and claim the crown, through Christ my own.
Bold I approach th' eternal throne,
and claim the crown, through Christ my own.

Charles Wesley, 1707-1788

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Luke 4:22
So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, “Is this not Joseph’s son?”

Colossians 4:6
"Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one."

Ephesians 4:25
“..Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor..."

Gracious words, seasoned with salt. Most Bible teachers and students of the Word believe that Jesus spoke in a soft southern like Aramaic-Greek; no one knows if Jesus had soft voice, I do not think it was whiny, but He did speak with an authority that was sure and certain. I do not think Jesus rude, nor boisterous, but stern at times, I think He could speak louder than the wind and the waves he spoke to, and soft when was with the twelve in private; His voice was unique like yours is, so not knowing how Jesus sounded, here is what I would like you to do give a voice to Jesus words, the ones in red. Ladies I'm sure it was not feminine, but it was very distinct and masculine; as you read the Scriptures in red aloud, in a way you are hearing Jesus speak.

God gave you a very unique voice, it is yours, He loves to hear your voice. Now let us consider gracious words, seasoned with salt in everyday conversation, your voice can say a lot about how and what you convey to the hearer, whether in private or public.

We opened with three verses, we close with three verses, they are today's traveling verses, keep them close by as they are great travelers.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.

Psalm 139:4 For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.

Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

The Lord bless you my dearest friend, the Lord has given you a beautiful day, and a Psalm 91:1-2 covering -- I love you.