poll

poll

• yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • no

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

rako

So what do people think about the survey - do they agree or disagree with the question and what do they think about the message in the OP?

rako

This poll may as well be "Are you Reformed?" (yes) (no)

Reformed theology doesn't have much 'gray', as it is rigid, stacked doctrine.
Crucible,

One of the issues though I bring up in the thread is that there are dozens, maybe hundreds of groups worldwide who profess to be Reformed, and yet on some doctrines they severely disagree. Today I think that there are a group of Reformed Baptists who do not practice infant baptism but who consider themselves "Calvinist" in heritage. Yet for Calvin, being an anabaptist meant putting oneself outside the Christian church. he once wrote of one anabaptist:
“Herman has, if I am not mistaken, in good faith returned to the fellowship of the Church. He has confessed that outside the Church there is no salvation, and that the true Church is with us. Therefore, it was defection when he belonged to a sect separated from it.”
Calvin explained that he taught Herman about infant baptism. Further, in Calvin's Geneva, denial of infant baptism was grounds for a criminal charge of heresy.

Therefore, Calvin would not agree that because someone professes to accept Reformed teaching that he/she is following "Biblical Christianity".