PETER AND PAUL PREACHED THE SAME GOSPEL

DougE

The preaching of the "kingdom of God" was the same exact "gospel" which Peter preached to the Jews in the following passage:

"Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick...And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where" (Lk.9:1-2,6).​

The facts reveal that when they were preaching that gospel the Twelve were not even aware the the Lord Jesus was going to die. After being given that command and after preaching that gospel the transgiguration followed (Lk.9:29-36; Mk.9:2-13). Then after the Twelve preached the gospel of the kingdom and after the transfiguration we read the following exchange between the Lord Jesus and the Twelve:

"They left that place and passed through Galilee. Jesus did not want anyone to know where they were, because he was teaching his disciples. He said to them, 'The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise.' But they did not understand what he meant and were afraid to ask him about it" (Mk.9:30-32).​

The facts reveal that the Twelve did not even know He was going to die as late as shortly before the Cross:

"Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, 'We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. He will be delivered over to the Gentiles. They will mock him, insult him and spit on him; they will flog him and kill him. On the third day he will rise again.' The disciples did not understand any of this. Its meaning was hidden from them, and they did not know what he was talking about" (Lk.18:31-34).​

These facts prove conclusively that the gospel which the Twelve were preaching at Luke 9:6 was not the same gospel which Paul referred to in the following way:

"For the message of the cross, is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God"
(1 Cor.1:18.).​

Hi there

Well said

By the way, how are things in Mexico?

k0de

Acts 10:34 So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality,

We are one for God. As he is one for us. Excellent.

35 but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. 36 As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace through Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all), 37 you yourselves know what happened throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee after the baptism that John proclaimed: 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all that he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree, 40 but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, 41 not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Amen! Everything existing and non existent.

The Holy Spirit Falls on the Gentiles 44 While Peter was still saying these things,

Excellent. Say it again. Where is Paul?

the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word.

Say again. What?

45 And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles.

Say again. Where is Paul?

Paul was indeed called to take the Gospel to the Jews,
Huh? RD please explain this scriptures.

Last edited:

k0de

Hi there

Paul preached Jesus Christ by the mystery now made manifest (Romans 16:25); Paul also preached Jesus Christ by the scriptures of the law and the prophets which have the gospel of God (Romans 16:26).
I don't understand that passage please explain Romans 16:25-26

Peter was preaching Jesus as the mediator of the new testament to Israel. Peter and Paul were both preaching the gospel of God, but were not preaching the same gospel. Revealed to paul was the full revelation of the atoning death on the cross and the justification provided by the resurrection, unto all who will believe.
But how can the gospel of God be preached different but both be still the gospel of God.

Does make sense. Hum?

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
So you also do not know what the term "son of man" means? That makes sense.

Son of man means son of Adam. Naturally.

Where was the son of God when the son of Adam was delivered up to be killed?

Isn't the son of Adam and the son of God the same person?

If the son of Adam and the son of God are the same person then the son of Adam and the son of God were killed.

k0de

Son of man means son of Adam. Naturally.

Where was the son of God when the son of Adam was delivered up to be killed?

Isn't the son of Adam and the son of God the same person?

If the son of Adam and the son of God are the same person then the son of Adam and the son of God were killed.
Nope that's a debate that will take it's own thread. Look again...

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
No, it doesn't.

Sure it does. Adam is man and man is Adam by definition. When Adam had sons they would naturally be sons of Adam/man. And to refer to a specific or unique son of Adam would be to refer to Jesus, the son of man.

You can go to Matthew chapter 1 and find Jesus' genealogy which traces back to his first father Adam.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Sure it does. Adam is man and man is Adam by definition. When Adam had sons they would naturally be sons of Adam/man. And to refer to a specific or unique son of Adam would be to refer to Jesus, the son of man.

You can go to Matthew chapter 1 and find Jesus' genealogy which traces back to his first father Adam.

Correction: It's Luke chap 3 which traces Jesus' first father as Adam/man.

I sure hope I don't get too many insults for that mistake.

DougE

I don't understand that passage please explain Romans 16:25-26

But how can the gospel of God be preached different but both be still the gospel of God.

Does make sense. Hum?

Hello

Romans 16 says Paul preached Christ from the revelation Jesus gave him and from the law and the prophets

The gospel of God is all the scriptures progressively revealing salvation.

k0de

Hello

Romans 16 says Paul preached Christ from the revelation Jesus gave him and from the law and the prophets

The gospel of God is all the scriptures progressively revealing salvation.

I see nothing but greetings on Romans 16. How do you see Paul preaching anything from revelations giving to him from the Lord Jesus?

Right Divider

Body part
I see nothing but greetings on Romans 16. How do you see Paul preaching anything from revelations giving to him from the Lord Jesus?
You have to read all the way to the end.

Rom 16:25-27 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: (27) To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen..

k0de

You have to read all the way to the end.

Rom 16:25-27 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: (27) To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen..
I see that now thanks. Another question.

"The gospel of God is all the scriptures progressively revealing salvation."

Another gospel? And how many more gospel in the Bible?

These are the ones I have learned this far. The gospel of the kingdom, the gospel for the saints, the mystery of the gospel, the gospel in Mark 16, the gospel to Abraham, and the gospel to the gentiles (the church of Christ. Anything I missed?

Right Divider

Body part
I see that now thanks. Another question.

"The gospel of God is all the scriptures progressively revealing salvation."

Another gospel? And how many more gospel in the Bible?

These are the ones I have learned this far. The gospel of the kingdom, the gospel for the saints, the mystery of the gospel, the gospel in Mark 16, the gospel to Abraham, and the gospel to the gentiles (the church of Christ. Anything I missed?
The word "gospel" simply means "good news" or "good message" and there are many of those in the Bible.

The fact that much of the Christian world practically worships that word is confused and sad.