@patrick jane @john w @Nick @SaultoPaul @Musterion @heir @GloryDays @exminister

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
At patrick jane At john w At Nick At SaultoPaul At Musterion At heir At GloryDays At exminister At Grosnick Marowbe

That's right, Paul realized he had a different gospel than the twelve, duh
Mal 4:4-6, Mt 24:14 :bowser: :bowser:

:dizzy: "[M]y gospel. Not his own personal message, but the divinely-revealed message of Jesus Christ (see note on 1:1), which is “good news” in light of the bad news of judgment." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1695). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Related:

Lordship
Must We Confess Every Sin?
Give Your Life to Jesus
How Many on TOL are Grace Gospel Believers?
Where is Prince Now?
Kirk Cameron: Wives Should 'Honor and Respect and Follow Their Husband's Lead'
The Myth of unMerited Favor and Grace

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Mental assent to the facts of the gospel won't get you to heaven--repent (Jn 8:11).

Write down all of those sins that you refuse to acknowledge. Tell him you're a: wicked, :scripto: filthy :scripto: reprobate. :scripto: He knows all about it (Ro 3:12). He is faithful and just forgive (1 Jn 1:9). :straight: Your Joel Olsteen :freak: Rick Warren :freak: beliefs are not scriptural (2 Ti 4:3). :poly: God is holy (Is 11:4, 5). He is looking for a holy people (Ps 132:9). Love him. Love your neighbor (Mk 12:30-31). Get real with God false converts (Jas 4:6).

Get ready to meet your maker. He is a consuming fire (Ex 24:17). :burnlib:

musterion

"[M]y gospel. Not his own personal message, but the divinely-revealed message of Jesus Christ (see note on 1:1), which is “good news” in light of the bad news of judgment." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1695). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

That definition is fine, as far as it goes.

What's the problem?

musterion

Mental assent to the facts of the gospel won't get you to heaven--repent (Jn 8:11).

Write down all of those sins that you refuse to acknowledge. Tell him you're a: wicked, :scripto: filthy :scripto: reprobate. :scripto: He knows all about it (Ro 3:12). He is faithful and just forgive (1 Jn 1:9). :straight: Your Joel Olsteen :freak: Rick Warren :freak: beliefs are not scriptural (2 Ti 4:3). :poly: God is holy (Is 11:4, 5). He is looking for a holy people (Ps 132:9). Love him. Love your neighbor (Mk 12:30-31). Get real with God false converts (Jas 4:6).

You make it sound like we MADs are under Law.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
That definition is fine, as far as it goes.

What's the problem?
Get right with God is the point. If you love God with all your: heart, soul and mind—you’re good (Ro 8).

These that think they can live in sin. :dizzy: You want to give a demon dominion in your life—that’s your business. Some like their demons. I wouldn’t cast them out—just get seven more to move in (Mt 12:45).

6390.gif

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
You make it sound like we MADs are under Law.
Here's my position: be holy, repent (1 Jn 1:9).

That tool of the enemy here
elvis.gif
and all his chickadees
chick_emoticon_sleep_by_pistra.gif
would have you believe that :yawn: I'm a Judaizer (2 Pe 2:1). If you don't believe that you have to continually repent when you sin, knock yourself out. :idunno: I'm not a gambler with my soul. :listen: Neither was the apostle Paul (1 Co 9:27 KJV).

These Baptist types here are going to be in for a shock (Mt 7:23).

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Now....that's a lot of smilies!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I've been in the Baptist Church off and on for YEARS and never met anybody all tied up over Darby.

???
Charles Stanley, for example, teaches that if you believed for a moment when you were young that Jesus is Lord but then grew up and walked away from him altogether----you're good. You're in; you're going to heaven.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame (Heb 6:4–6).

Adrian Rogers said every person walked out of his church under or over the blood of God's precious Son (Heb 10:29).

We are under the dispensation of grace; but, the church age is coming to an end. Of course we are not law-keepers (Ro 3:20). I break every law before 11:00 a.m. (Ro 7:15). God has offered his last, best deal--take it. A whole other dispensation is coming. The Dark Ages are returning (Jer 30:7) and if men think that they'll wait and repent later, they're in for a world of hurt (2 Co 6:2, Re 13:7, 20:4).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I'm an ex-indie fundie Baptist and I can attest to that, insofar as my experience went.

Billy Graham was a 33rd degree Freemason. I'm not of a denomination so I have no dog in this fight. Just get saved (Jn 3:7). We are at midnight in Gethsemane.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's kind of interesting that, those who have a negative attitude towards Dispensationalism are the same ones that have an obsession with Darby. I never heard of Darby before coming to TOL, yet, I'm being accused of being a Darby follower. Here's another problem with that accusation, I've NEVER read anything written by Darby to this day. I'm not even interested in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.