Passing From Death Into Life

WeberHome

-
What does this mean?

†. John 5:24 . . I assure you: those who listen to my message, and believe
in God who sent me, have eternal life. They will never be condemned for
their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

Are there actually people all over the world in the here and now with eternal
life; and with absolutely nothing to fear from the wrath of God?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Jamie Gigliotti

Pisteuo which is translated to believe in this passage, has in the original Greek trust incorporated in it's meaning.
God will judge who as trusted in Him. You might say, then I live in fear... We find security from His real love and presence. His Spirit gives us all we need. Peace that surpasses undrstanding.

Jamie Gigliotti

1 John 4:17-19.

".... God is love, whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in Him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgement, because as He is so also are we in this world." 1 John 4:16-17

When I was full of hate I had only fear, as I refused to repent. When I surrendered myself back to Him and I forgave and let His love fill me towards my offenders, I've gained confidence. But it would be utter foolishness to take His rightful place as judge and declare with certainty.

nikolai_42

-
What does this mean?

As I see it, it means that salvation is not our choice to come to Jesus, but the abiding life of Christ in us that changes us and causes us to hear His voice.

Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 10:25-28

Notice it isn't "...ye are not of my sheep because ye believe not.." but the other way around.

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

John 5:37-40

The Word was not in them. Plain and simple. So Jesus could say with assurance that a) they were not His nor His Father's and b) that they categorically would NOT come to Him that they might have life. So they are condemned already...

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 3:16-21

That which is of God has been put in these men that they might work the works of God and when that Word is in them, they can't help but hear Christ and follow Him. They will NOT follow another. It's like a magnet and metal.

theophilus

".... God is love, whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in Him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgement, because as He is so also are we in this world." 1 John 4:16-17

When I was full of hate I had only fear, as I refused to repent. When I surrendered myself back to Him and I forgave and let His love fill me towards my offenders, I've gained confidence. But it would be utter foolishness to take His rightful place as judge and declare with certainty.

1 John 5:13-21 says we can KNOW.

Romans 8:14-17 says we have an inner witness.

I don't set myself up as judge of anyone...but scripture says we can KNOW. Therein lies my assurance.

Refer also to John's first letter.

We CAN know!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
-
What does this mean?

Absolutely, I'm one of them