pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
?
When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed. - Revelation 6:9-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation6:9-11&version=NKJV

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
prove it

prove that providing for your family doesn't include providing safety

That would be a pretty big belief to reveal to a perspective wife... wouldn't it...

Tetelestai; "I love you baby... will you marry me? Oh... BTW... if you get raped at gun point... in front of me... and I have to use violence to stop it... I'll go outside the room are wait for the guy to finish... and I'll pray that He doesn't shoot you... It's God's will that you got raped and shot if he does though... so... no worries."

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
?

When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed. - Revelation 6:9-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation6:9-11&version=NKJV

Oh... it's a company that has that policy about guns in trucks. No worries. I was just curious. Disregard.

And... excellent quote.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
?

Pertains to what happened in Judaea from 66AD to 70AD.

Christ Jesus came in judgement. Over 1 million Jews were killed in Jerusalem by the Romans, and the city was laid to waste.

That marked the end of the Old Covenant. Those souls who had been slain, were souls from the OC.

We now live fully in the New Covenant.

Lon

I disagree.

Harrison Ford showed no love, he pummeled the guy.

Be honest, when you watched you that, you really wanted Harrison Ford to beat the crap out that guy right?
He was a policeman. A policeman's job is to protect and to serve. It was a movie, though. That kid was an actor.
I don't think any of us would want to watch that in real life. Chris Mintz' story was a real one. Trump's act to destroy equipment, though it resulted in lost lives, I think was the right one. Perhaps if he gave them another day, before the dismantling of their chemicals and planes :idunno: I'm not a military guy or policeman. If I were, they'd pay me to make the hard decisions, and I'd try to serve those who asked me to do the job (I don't want the job, mind you).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not a military guy or policeman.

Do some research on soldiers and policemen who have killed people. Most of them can't cope with it afterwards, and need psychiatric care.

A very large percentage of soldiers who return home commit suicide because of the killings they did, or saw.

It's one thing to post on TOL and say you would kill someone to save someone else, but in real life, the people who have really killed another human being, have a really hard time dealing with it.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Do some research on soldiers and policemen who have killed people. Most of them can't cope with it afterwards, and need psychiatric care.

A very large percentage of soldiers who return home commit suicide because of the killings they did, or saw.

It's one thing to post on TOL and say you would kill someone to save someone else, but in real life, the people who have really killed another human being, have a really hard time dealing with it.

Were you in the military... ever? I wish [MENTION=8957]dodge[/MENTION] was here to set your butt straight! Do you even understand that the men that take their own lives are even heroes! They served in all that mess to protect civilians!

Do you claim the safety of a government and do you live in a "nice neighborhood"?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Wot?

Does the fact that the book of Revelation was written between AD 81-97 mean anything to you?

Does

After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.” - Revelation 4:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation4:1&version=NKJV

not mean anything to you?

Revelation is a book telling of what is to come, not what has happened already.

Christ Jesus came in judgement. Over 1 million Jews were killed in Jerusalem by the Romans, and the city was laid to waste.

I don't remember anything remotely similar to what is written in Revelation occurring in the first century AD... not even symbolically...

That marked the end of the Old Covenant. Those souls who had been slain, were souls from the OC.

*facepalm*

Go read the book of Revelation from beginning to end and tell me if EVERYTHING that is in it has already happened.

ClimateSanity

More 70 AD Insanity. You're no better than the Trump Russia connection lunatics.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope, I'm a city boy. I live in the real world.

I do my best to be a light in this dark world.

It's you guys who seek a "safe place". You guys think you can rid the world of evil by killing all the evil people.
If we were to kill all the evil people, there wouldn't be very many people left on the earth.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Nope, I'm a city boy. I live in the real world.

I do my best to be a light in this dark world.

It's you guys who seek a "safe place". You guys think you can rid the world of evil by killing all the evil people.

Well... someone needs to take the guns away from the police and disband all violence against poor individuals that destroy the weak and take advantage of the meek....

Right...? You're cool with that? Maybe we should disband the military too... right? Who needs it.

Are you okay with living in the city with no police?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Does the fact that the book of Revelation was written between AD 81-97 mean anything to you?

The book of Revelation was written before 70AD.
After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.” - Revelation 4:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation4:1&version=NKJV

not mean anything to you?

You better go back to Dispensationalism 101.

You Dispies can't claim Israel's "prophetic clock" stopped somewhere in Mid-Acts, then at the same time claim God gave a Revelation to John that pertained only to Israel decades after the "prophetic clock" allegedly stopped.

Revelation is a book telling of what is to come, not what has happened already.

Revelation was written before 70AD, and most of what was prophesied in Revelation happened in 70AD. Therefore when we read it today, most of it has already happened.
I don't remember anything remotely similar to what is written in Revelation occurring in the first century AD... not even symbolically...

(Rev 1:1) The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place....

"what must soon take place" does not mean 1,900+ years and still counting.