pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

drbrumley

Something for you to think about:

Most of the children Assad has killed were children of Muslims. Chances are very good, that those children would have grown up to be adult Muslims.

Many Christians believe the Bible teaches that there is an "age of accountability". IOW, babies that die after a few months go to heaven, and have eternal life. Same thing for toddlers. Where the age cut-off is.....is debatable.

So, if the majority of children killed by Assad were going to grow up and be Muslims, and then go to hell because they rejected Christ Jesus as their Savior when they were adults, but received eternal life because they died before the age of accountability.....then is it really a bad thing that Assad is killing them?

Know it sounds cold an callous, but I'm just asking...

What? So we should refrain from critizing abortion for that same reason (insert lost souls instead)? Wow, my mind is blown....

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yep.

The Apostle Paul said pretty much the same thing:

(Rom 12:20) On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."
You realize that that's not talking about governmental policy, right? that it's talking about what individuals should do?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:think: James 4:17

I don't think James was thinking of killing when he talked about "doing good".

Isaiah 1:17 Psalm 82:3, Psalm 82:4 James 1:27 Ezekiel 22:6

I'm a firm believer in the New Covenant. Passages written to Old Covenant believers don't apply to us NC believers.

Luke 22:36

Again, written before the NC was put in place. However, there is no indication that Jesus had them bring a sword for killing or war.

Also, it's hard to reconcile Luke 22:36 with the following words of Jesus:

(Matt 26:52) “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

It seems a pacifist dilemma to me.

Yep.

drbrumley

I dont accept your bully and derailing question.

If you continue, you will be on ignore.

Put me on ignore you dimwitted nutjob...You cannot answer a simple question....

Did Jesus support killing the innocent children? Funny your pacifism rejects Jesus' own teachings..

If you do this to any of these little ones, (so have you done unto me.) RING A BELL?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey Lon,

you just reported me by saying trolling the other thread, and you are doing the same thing by trolling with unrelated questions.

What gives?

Your reporting is so convenient.

You guys sound so panicked because you cannot refute Jesus' teachings of "love your enemy".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What? So we should refrain from critizing abortion for that same reason (insert lost souls instead)? Wow, my mind is blown....

Again, I'm trying to reconcile Romans 13 1-6 with ruthless dictators, pacifism, and loving your enemy.

The Apostle Paul tells us, that God will avenge, not us:

(Rom 12:19) Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

Are those dead babies God's wrath?

You guys can't have it both ways. On one hand you hate Muslims, and on the other hand you want to stop Muslims from killing Muslim children.

drbrumley

The Apostle Paul tells us, that God will avenge, not us:

(Rom 12:19) Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

Earth to TET<

Stopping a crime IS NOT the same as AVENGING!!!!!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That's right, and you will find very, very, very, few Christians who are pacifists.

Most Christians want death penalties, war, guns, executions, bombs, etc.

Jesus says that narrow is the gate to lead to life and only a few find it.

Those bully Christians disregard too many of Jesus' word.