other good GOP candidates: Trump and..?

republicanchick

I have heard Donald Trump speak before and was impressed, but frankly I hd rather forgotten about him since he wasn't getting too much media coverage or if he was, I wasn't... um... there that day

Then there is that Ohio guy Kasich. He was on Fox News Sunday today and made a big impression on me. He accepts Common Core and I am not sure I do at this point, but other than that, he is impressive.

I don't have much time so cannot go on and on about these 2. But the thing that most hit home w/ D Trump is what he said about how the rich are doing VERY well under Pres O and the not rich are NOT..

He says he likes what he is doing: buying buildings, globe trotting... etc... but that he cares about this country.

What we need is someone like this who will SACRIFICE for his country. Trump hardly needs the (to him) paltry income that comes from being president.

Is it his ego driving him to run?

doubt it. But even if so... Who cares?

This country needs someone like him... and besides, all those aspire to such offices can be presumed to have a big ego... eh?

++

drbrumley

I have heard Donald Trump speak before and was impressed, but frankly I hd rather forgotten about him since he wasn't getting too much media coverage or if he was, I wasn't... um... there that day

Then there is that Ohio guy Kasich. He was on Fox News Sunday today and made a big impression on me. He accepts Common Core and I am not sure I do at this point, but other than that, he is impressive.

I don't have much time so cannot go on and on about these 2. But the thing that most hit home w/ D Trump is what he said about how the rich are doing VERY well under Pres O and the not rich are NOT..

He says he likes what he is doing: buying buildings, globe trotting... etc... but that he cares about this country.

What we need is someone like this who will SACRIFICE for his country. Trump hardly needs the (to him) paltry income that comes from being president.

Is it his ego driving him to run?

doubt it. But even if so... Who cares?

This country needs someone like him... and besides, all those aspire to such offices can be presumed to have a big ego... eh?

++

How many dead babies does it take to get through to you folks?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
republican specs necessary to be president

must be governor
must be religious christian
must be able to attract hispanic vote

who qualifies?

republicanchick

OK, Rick Perry

Scott Walker

They are great picks also..

I like the way Perry seduced Toyota (OK, wrong word there) into moving to TX.. Moving is a HUGE job, ya know.. all those cars, all those parts.. all those workers

very impressive

and Scott Walker reduced taxes... and got elected 3 times (I believe) in a BLUE state...

+++++

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We need Trump like we need a hole in the head.

But I'm sure he could gather a few votes from people who had holes in their heads...

Yep ... the most *realistic* candidate being mentioned thus far is Jeb Bush.

republicanchick

governors
bush
reagan
clinton
carter

non-governors
obama
bush
ford
nixon

take your pick
but
limit it to republican and governor

I think Rubio would be a great president. He is Catholic

he is the one who got his family to leave the Mormon "church" Of course his family was never theologically Mormon anyway, just went to that "church" b/c the people were friendly and some other things.. which reminds me: maybe if the Cahtolic Church were a little more... uh.. (how to say?)... friendly? and etc... people wouldn't leave...

but anyway, I like Rubio b/c for one thing, he knows what it's like to struggle and not have $$, which was the case in his life b4 he became an attorney. And his ancestors were VERY poor...

yes, I feel that poverty is a great asset when one is running for the highest office in the land... absolutely...

People who do not understand poverty (through experience) should NOT be president...

++