Only Yahwah is a true God

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherubRam

There is compelling evidence in the New Testament from the words and actions of Jesus and the apostles that God is Father Son and Holy Spirit. You can discover this evidence if your inclined to read a basic theology book.

I was brought up in the trinity doctrine. And you did not answer my question.

CherubRam

It does. You're just not willing to consider it as a possibility, too caught up in your own beliefs.

Your question was,'Where in the bible is that said? I have told you where to find the answer.
The name trinity does not appear in the Bible but the compelling evidence for its truth is easily found.

I was brought up in the trinity doctrine. Scriptures were tampered with to make people think God is a Trinity.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I was brought up in the trinity doctrine. Scriptures were tampered with to make people think God is a Trinity.
Then perhaps you should show us the originals, since you claim that our versions have been modified.

If you cannot show us the originals, then how do you know that they were tampered with?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Also, how do you know that the person who told you that wasn't lying to you, or was even lied to themselves?

marhig

Your question was,'Where in the bible is that said? I have told you where to find the answer.
The name trinity does not appear in the Bible but the compelling evidence for its truth is easily found.
Hiya, where? Can you quote the chapter and verse please? Thanks

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

CherubRam

I'm not interested in going to another forum. I asked for a source, not someone's opinion.

Show us the originals, or stop making the claim (because the onus is on you to support your stance) that scriptures have been "tampered with."

Also, link dropping (especially to other forums) is not allowed.

Idiot! Love for the truth is not in you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There is to much to list.

I just want the original manuscripts. Is that too much to ask? Oh, those don't exist anymore? so then how do you expect me to believe you when you say that translations we have today are copies that don't say the same thing as the originals? Hmmm?

Sure, because calling me an idiot is going to solve your lack of original manuscripts.

Love for the truth is not in you.

Says the one who asserts something that is unprovable. :mock:

BoyStan

Hiya, where? Can you quote the chapter and verse please? Thanks

2Cor 13:14 is one of many references to God : Father Son and Holy Spirit.
I am fully convinced that God is a Trinity.
I am not going to answer anymore anti-trinitarian posts.

CherubRam

I just want the original manuscripts. Is that too much to ask? Oh, those don't exist anymore? so then how do you expect me to believe you when you say that translations we have today are copies that don't say the same thing as the originals? Hmmm?

Sure, because calling me an idiot is going to solve your lack of original manuscripts.

Says the one who asserts something that is unprovable. :mock:

[FONT=&quot]
Trinity Related[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 John 5 NIV[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the [a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Footnotes:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][a][/FONT][FONT=&quot] 1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 John 5 KJV[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.[/FONT]

CherubRam

In the only codices which would be even likely to preserve an older reading, namely the Sinaitic Syriac and the oldest Latin Manuscript, the pages are GONE which contained the end of Matthew 28. Frederick Cornwallis Conybeare (1856 - 9 January 1924) Professor of Theology at the University of Oxford.

Here is the oldest recorded document of Matthew 28:19.
"The Demonstratio Evangelica" by Eusebius:

Eusebius of Caesarea. 265 ? AD.– 337 ? AD.

Eusebius was the Church historian and Bishop of Caesarea. On page 152 Eusebius quotes the early book of Matthew that he had in his library in Caesarea. Eusebius informs us of Yahshua's actual words to his disciples in the original text of Matthew 28:19.

"With one word and voice He said to His disciples: "Go, and make disciples of all nations in My Name, teaching them to observe all...

And again Eusebius for example, in Book III of his History, Chapter 5, Section 2, which is about the Jewish persecution of early Christians, we read:

"But the rest of the disciples, who had been incessantly plotted against with a view to their destruction, and had been driven out of the land of Judea, went to all nations to preach the good news, relying upon the power of Christ, who had said to them, "Go ye and make disciples of all the nations in my name."

And again, in his Oration in Praise of Emperor Constantine, Chapter 16, Section 8, we read:

"What king or prince in any age of the world, what philosopher, legislator or prophet, in civilized or barbarous lands, has attained so great a height of excellence, I say not after death, but while living still, and full of mighty power, as to fill the ears and tongues of all mankind with the praises of his name?
Surely none save our only Savior has done this, when, after his victory over death, he spoke these words to his followers, and fulfilled it by that event, saying to them, "Go ye and make disciples of all nations in my name."

CherubRam

1 John 5:7 implicitly states that all THREE are ONE.

This is the only verse in the Bible that explicitly states that all three persons are one.
Unfortunately, it was added to that verse.
No earlier version includes that last phrase about them being one.

The first 2 additions of Erasmus' master Greek text did not have this.
Stunica (a Catholic authority) demanded that he include the phrase.
Erasmus told Stunica that if he could provide one Greek manuscript with that phrase, he would include it.
But no Greek manuscripts up to that time had it.
Only Latin manuscripts had it. So Stunica had a Greek manuscript made up from the Latin and forced Erasmus to include it.

In 1514, before Erasmus had even begun to edit his text, but its publication was delayed until 1522, until permission of Pope Leo X had finally been obtained for it.

"The supreme Pontiff Leo X, Our Most Holy Father in Christ and Lord, desiring to favour this undertaking, sent from the apostolic library."

This claim seems to have been accepted by all at that time.
In view of its inclusion in the Clementine edition of the Latin Vulgate (1592), in 1897 the Holy Office in Rome, a high ecclesiastical congregation, made an authoritative pronouncement, approved and confirmed by Pope Leo XIII, that it is not safe to deny that this verse is an authentic part of St. John's Epistle."

CherubRam

Wrong interpretations and the distortion of God’s word is what supports the doctrine of the trinity.

When asked, "Which is the most important commandment of all?" Jesus answered, "The most important of all the commandments is, hear, o Israel, the Lord our God is One." (Mark 12:29.)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Dude, you don't need all that formatting. Pretty sure there's an option on the desktop site to paste copied text as plain text.

Trinity Related

1 John 5 NIV

Why am I not surprised you're using the NIV?

6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the [a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

Footnotes:
[a]1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

1 John 5 KJV
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Sure, use a known example of scripture that was most likely added by someone overzealous in his interpretation.

Have you noticed that I have not once used 1 John 5:7-8 in my defence of the trinity? Haven't for a few months now. The above reason is why.

There are plenty of other verses that show the trinity besides that one.

Such as Genesis 1:1, John 1:1, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14, etc.

By the way, still waiting on those original manuscripts that show the Bible to have been tampered with... :mock:

Status
Not open for further replies.