ECT One must be overcome by the humanity of Jesus Christ in order to become like Him.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
During the time of the OT, men knew God as the creator and knew His power, but only after Christ came could men know the heart of God through knowing the humanity of Jesus Christ.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Joh 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

LA

Cross Reference

During the time of the OT, men knew God as the creator and knew His power, but only after Christ came could men know the heart of God through knowing the humanity of Jesus Christ.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Joh 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

LA

So, as a human, how did Jesus know the heart of the Father?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So, as a human, how did Jesus know the heart of the Father?

I said
We can know the heart of the Father when we submit to Gods Word the Way Jesus did.

2 Cor 5:18-20
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.
(NKJ)

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the natural family, a child does not know the heart of their parents until they share themselves with the child.

When they are young then they only have a small idea of who their parents are and what they are all about.

If they listen to their brothers and sisters or neighbours then they may never know the truth about their own parents, past the fact that their food and clothing and toys come from them.

When people are young then they think in terms of themselves alone.

The unwise virgins are not in heart to heart concerns or joys both ways with the Lord.

He does not KNOW them.

LA

Cross Reference

In the natural family, a child does not know the heart of their parents until they share themselves with the child.

And??

When they are young then they only have a small idea of who their parents are and what they are all about.

sez who, you?

If they listen to their brothers and sisters or neighbours then they may never know the truth about their own parents, past the fact that their food and clothing and toys come from them.

Bull!

When people are young then they think in terms of themselves alone.

Maybe, maybe not.

The unwise virgins are not in heart to heart concerns or joys both ways with the Lord.

He does not KNOW them.

LA

Really? Where did you learn all the bilge?