Of all the sayings of Jesus, which one has had the greatest impact on your life?

John Mortimer

Hi folks,

I know there are SO many sayings of Jesus recorded in the Gospels and elsewhere in the Bible. For Christians in particular there will be so many that are as precious as life itself. However, if you were to choose just one - that had the biggest impact on your life - what would it be?

For the record, mine is John 8:58 "Verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am".

How about you?

Feel free to open your heart about why a particular saying of Jesus has had such an impact, or just state the scripture and don't explain.

May God bless this thread!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Hi folks,

I know there are SO many sayings of Jesus recorded in the Gospels and elsewhere in the Bible. For Christians in particular there will be so many that are as precious as life itself. However, if you were to choose just one - that had the biggest impact on your life - what would it be?

For the record, mine is John 8:58 "Verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am".

How about you?

Feel free to open your heart about why a particular saying of Jesus has had such an impact, or just state the scripture and don't explain.

He without Sin, cast the first stone.

This reminds me of my humility in the presence of the Living God, that Loved deeper than any could have known!

With 7 words, He changed the world.

We became brothers and sisters to all humanity, in that single instant.

We became bound by forgivness and blessed by the immeasurable love of Jesus.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Cruciform

Luke 12:15-21 ~

15 And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.”

16 Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. 17 And he thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’ 18 So he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.” ’ 20 But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’

21 “So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I like where Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." (John 8:12)

Jesus is the light of the world, but not all light is visible light, there is infrared and ultraviolet light which are invisible to us without aid.

Jesus is invisible to us without aid, but just as real.

Danoh

John 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Acts 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

beameup

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. - John 16:13

Ben Masada

I like where Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." (John 8:12)

Jesus is the light of the world, but not all light is visible light, there is infrared and ultraviolet light which are invisible to us without aid.

Jesus is invisible to us without aid, but just as real.

I like when Jesus said: "Listen to "Moses" aka the Law." (Luke 16:29-31)

Ben Masada

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus could have never said that because, as a Rabbi who knew his gospel aka the Tanach almost by heart, he was aware that, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9)

theophilus

Hi folks,

How about you?

John 8:11 Go and sin no more.

That is my ideal.

My real is: 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

And last: John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.

:)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Jesus could have never said that because, as a Rabbi who knew his gospel aka the Tanach almost by heart, he was aware that, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9)

That's why draw doesn't mean coax.